Chapter 4

Statue

From the nineteen years Ten has lived on this earth, there hasn't been a time where he was the one who asked someone to be his. 

Except this time. 

Ten knew that this case is different. He shouldn't be doing this, asking someone to be his boyfriend. That this isn't the way Ten Ezekiel Ty lives his life. He should be dating y girls, making out with them and giving them his attention. But since this Lee Taeyong came, he's now the one chasing after someone. 

He hated feeling this way. Desperate. 

Ten watched how Taeyong smirk but the other quickly changed his expression into a poker face. 

Ten was sure that the other will say no. What was he thinking? Lee Taeyong hates him for god's sake! He never paid attention to Ten even once, didn't acknowledge his existence and never bothered talking to him.

Feeling flustered, Ten tried to take back his words but stopped when he saw Taeyong move his mouth to say something.

And the next thing that came out of Taeyong's mouth wasn't what Ten was expecting.

 "Make me," Taeyong spoke in a low voice. 

"W-what?" Ten stuttered. 

Taeyong rolled his eyes. "I said, make me." he smirked before continuing. "Make me fall for you in one month and then I'm yours."

"And if I can't?"

"Then leave. Forget you ever knew me and I'll do the same." And with that, Taeyong walked away not looking back at Ten even once.

--

It was about eight-thirty in the evening when Ten finally reached his home. He parked his car and happily made his way in the Ty residence. As he was about to open the door, he heard loud thundering indicating that rain is about to happen.

Ten smiled as he made his way in the big house. "Ah! Such a nice weather this evening!" he flopped himself into his leather couch and closed his eyes, feeling his heart flutter as he thought about the events that has happened just hours ago. He couldn't believe it!

Lee Taeyong actually gave him a chance to prove himself. He knew that in one month, Taeyong would be running right into his arms, he just know it. But what if, during those thirty days, nothing will change? What if Taeyong still hates him despite of all the things he will about to do for the younger?

Ten shook his head. No, he should stay positive if he wants to win Taeyong's heart. He can't be thinking about the what if's. 

"You look happy. What's up?" Ten opened his eyes, shocked, glancing behind him and seeing his other three friends with beer in their hands. 

"What the are you guys doing here?" Ten yelled. "You idiots are going to give me a heart attack. Don't sneak up like that!"

"Bro, calm the hell down," Mark laughed, making himself comfortable on one of the leather couches. "We just got here, like maybe around fifteen minutes ago?"

"Where were you the whole day, anyway?" Jaehyun asked, sipping a drink of his beer. "You just disappeared...with Taeyong."

At the mention of the white-haired boy, Jaehyun immediately caught Ten's attention. Ten grinned, making his friends shiver under their seats. "Hm, let's just say we had something to talk about."

"What is it?" Jaehyun asked, curious.

Ten's smile grew. "Well, I told him I like him."

His friends almost spat their drinks out of their mouth out of surprise. Mark, who was drinking his beer when Ten said that almost chocked on his beer.

"W-what?!" Mark squeaked. "Since when does Ten Ezekiel Ty confess to someone?"

Jaehyun walked towards Ten and examined the other's face. "Are you feeling okay, Ten?"

Ten pushed the older, annoyed. " you guys. What? I can't like someone for once?"

Yuta laughed. "Guys, why are you surprised? I expected this from the start," he glanced at Ten teasingly. "That our Ten here will fall for Lee Tayong. I  knew it from the start!"

Yuta jumped around the house, excitement all over his handsome face. Mark, who recovered from his surprise congratulated his friend because for once, he actually found someone worth his attention.

"Bro, I'm happy for you!" Mark clapped Ten's back. "But...what did Taeyong say when you told him you like him?"

Ten noticed how his friends fell in silent at the question. He secretly laughed at how his friends are taking this matter seriously.

"Well, he didn't say yes," This earned him groans from his friends and was about to comfort him with wise words until he continued. "But, he didn't say no either."

Yuta threw him a confused look. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?!"

"He just said, 'Make me fall for you' and then he walked away." Ten shrugged.

Mark laughed. "Ha, well this will be interesting to see."

After explaining to his friends what happened, Ten noticed how Jaehyun was sitting at the corner silently. The older seems to be thinking of something deeply because Ten noticed how his eyes focused on one thing only. Ten wondered what the older was thinking and so he decided to ask.

"Jaehyun hyung, what are you thinking about?" Ten asked, going over to where Jaehyun is, leaving his other two friends playing billiard.

Jaehyun smiled and Ten noticed how that smile seems to be a bit... fake. "Nothing, Ten."

Ten looked at him, suspicious.

That is definitely not nothing. Ten thought. But he decided to let it go.

The both of them sat there in silence, watching Yuta and Mark fight over something about billiards. As they sat there with an awkward silence, Ten noticed how Jaehyun keeps glancing at his phone, as if waiting for something. Ten looked over curiously and was surprised to see Taeyong's name at the top of the screen. Ten felt his insides boil in anger and annoyance.

Since when does these two text each other?! Hell, I don't even have Taeyong's number yet! Ten thought, frowning. I need to see what they're talking about.

As if on cue, Jaehyun stood up, glancing at Ten. "Washroom."
 
Jaehyun placed his phone on the couch, leaving Ten with a truimphant smile. When Jaehyun was out of sight, Ten quickly took the older's phone and went to Facebook. He scrolled over the messages and saw Taeyong's name. He pressed their conversation and quickly scrolled at the very start of the conversation, glancing at the way where Jaehyun went to make sure the other hasn't come yet.
 
Jung Jaehyun: Hey Taeyong! It's Jaehyun, the guy at the rooftop. Just messaging you to thank you for bringing my phone to me. I appreciate it! and thanks for accepting the friend request~
 
Ten scoffed before continuing. He saw that the next message was from Taeyong.
 
Lee Taeyong: No problem.
 
Ten smiled. Good, he's cold to Jaehyun as well. Ha!
 
Jung Jaehyun: Are you doing something this weekend?
 
Lee Taeyong: Probably just sleep.
 
Jung Jaehyun: Oh okay.
 
Jung Jaehyun: What did you and Ten talk about?
 
Ten felt nervous at the mention of his name. He wondered what Taeyong will say about him. He took a deep breath before continuing to read Jaehyun's messages.
 
Lee Taeyong: Ask him.
 
As Ten was about to continue to read the messages, he heard the bathroom door close. He quickly placed the phone back to its original place and sat at the couch acting as if nothing happened. Jaehyun appeared, taking his seat and checking his phone once again. He started typing again and Ten wondered if his hyung is texting Taeyong.
--
 
11:19 P.M.
 
It has been about half an hour of staring at Taeyong's profile and Ten has been debating on whether to add the latter or not. Ten ruffled his hair in frustration, his finger going over the add friend request and backing off again. Should he add him or not?
 
After thinking over it for more than five minutes, Ten closed his eyes and quickly pressed the add friend request. After realizing that he finally added the other, he rapidly closed his phone and hid it under his pillow.
 
Ten lied at his king size bed, staring at the ceiling, his heart beating fast under his chest. After ten minutes, Ten nervously glanced at his phone and saw there was a notification. He opened it and saw that Lee Taeyong accepted the friend request. Ten stood up from his bed and jumped, throwing his hands in the air in triumph.

"Yes! He accepted the request!" Ten said, repeating those words until he calmed down. He sat on his bed and thought of a way to start a conversation with Taeyong. After deciding, he just went for a simple hi.

Ten Ezekiel: Hi :)

Ten unpatiently waited for a reply from the other and after ten minutes, Taeyong replied. Even though the other replied slow, Ten can't help but to smile.

He quickly opened the message.

Lee Taeyong: Hey.

Ten typed a reply briskly, excitement going through his veins.

Ten Ezekiel: What are u doing?

Lee Taeyong: Not much.

Ten frowned. How is he suppose to reply with that?!

Putting aside his frustration, he sent another message to keep the conversation going.

Ten Ezekiel: Do u wanna eat lunch 2gether tmrw?

Lee Taeyong: Not really.

Ten widened his eyes. Did he just get rejected?

Ten Ezekiel: Yah, be careful at who you're rejecting. This opportunity is once in a life time! -_-

Lee Taeyong: I'll only go if there's pizza.

Ten almost dropped his phone at his face at what the other said. Is he reading this true? Taeyong will actually eat lunch with him if there's pizza?

"Damn, I'll buy hundreds of pizza for you baby, just spend time with me." Ten whispered.

 

END OF CHAPTER 4

--

A/N: 

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay update, I've been busy this week with school. Sorry to keep you all waiting and sorry for this lame update. :( 

I'll try to do the next one better so stay tuned! :)