Chapter 3

Statue

 

 -a week after Taeyong and Ten first met-

 

The sound of loud music and people dancing welcomed Ten as he walked cooly in a famous bar that Mark's family own.

Mark, who was wearing tight jeans and a red sleeveless shirt whistled. "Man, so much girls!" he grinned happily at his friends. "See y'all later." Mark said before disappearing into the  sea of people dancing at the dance floor.

Ten, Jaehyun and Yuta spotted an empty table and sat there. They ordered drinks and fell into a deep silent after.

Yuta who is not used to the awkward silence tried to initiate a conversation.

"Guys, did you see the new student last week? Man, I'm a guy but damn if I was a girl I'd totally go for him." Yuta said, taking a sip of his drink. 

"Yeah, Ten should be scared. He'll probably take all his admirers away." Jaehyun joked. 

"I heard his name is Lee Taeyong." Yuta added, looking at Ten with playful eyes.

At the mention of the name, Ten's attention immediately went to his friends and Yuta did not miss his friend's behaviour.

So Yuta tried teasing his friend. 

"I actually sit beside him in history class and damn, he's even more attractive up close," Yuta faked a love-sick expression, making sure to check Ten's reaction. He secretly laughed when he saw the annoyed look on Ten.

"Yuta, it's so weird," Jaehyun said, looking at Yuta who gave him a confused look. Ten sat there, drinking his vodka and tried not to think about their main topic right now. None other than Lee Taeyong.

"I noticed Ten hasn't been dating girls these days, it's a miracle!" Jaehyun laughed.

"You noticed that too?" 

Ten lifted his head up, annoyed. "I'm not in the mood guys."

His friends just laughed and continued to . 

"I just remembered something," Yuta spoke, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "When I was checking Ten's phone the other day, I saw that his screen was on Lee Taeyong's facebook profile!" 

Jaehyun laughed and Yuta almost had tears in his eyes from laughing. "Ten was totally stalking him!"

Ten suddenly felt hot as his friends continued to make fun of him. As he was about to come up with a remark, a girl suddenly came up to them and sat on his lap. 

"Hey Ten..." the girl said seductively. 

Ten looked at her and saw the large amount of make up on her face and how little of clothing she was wearing.

Ten grimaced. 

If it was another day, Ten would probably be happy about the situation but for some reason, this girl irked him.

"What do you want?" Ten asked in a cold voice, earning him amused looks from his friends. 

"Do you want to leave with me tonight?" the girl said, biting her lip.

"How about you get off my lap and ing get lost?" Ten said darkly, making the girl stand up, clearly confused about Ten's actions. 

When the girl was out of sight, Ten noticed how quiet his two friends became.

He raised his brows. "What?" 

Yuta shook his head, amused. "Man, the work of Lee Taeyong."

 

---

 -present time-

 

Three.

Five.

Ten.

It had been approximately ten minutes of silence.

Taeyong is growing more and more annoyed at the person beside him who has his hand on the steering wheel, driving a yellow Chevrolet Camaro. 

Ten, who forcefully pulled the other in his car had grown quiet as he continued to drive along the tall buildings of Seoul. The two of them sat there, no words being exchanged. It bothers Taeyong to no end. Ten was the one who forced both of them to be in this situation and now he's sitting there saying nothing? 

Taeyong looked at Ten and watched how the other's face focused in concentration at the road in front of them. He stared at him and checked every features the taller has. He took notice of how Ten's black hair fall over his eyes and how his tongue his lips from time to time. Taeyong won't admit it out loud but he gotta admit that the other is very attractive. 

"Like what you see?" Ten spoke in a low voice, his lips turned into a smirk. 

Taeyong frowned. "Please. Know that my eyes hurt whenever I look at you." 

Ten tried to look offended, his left hand going over his heart trying to look hurt. "You're hurting my ego," he spared Taeyong a look who has his attention outside the window. "You and I both know how you drool over me whenever I'm around."

Taeyong's stomach churned. In disgust. "You wish."

Ten smiled, his hand lazily turning the steering wheel. "Yeah, you're right. I wish." 

Taeyong looked up at him, shock evident in his eyes. "Where are we going?" he glanced outside the window and saw that they are heading at a park nearby. He can already see the tall trees swaying with the wind, the playground staying quiet without kids playing. 

The park is empty. 

Ten parked his  car and opened the door, running quickly to the other side of his car, where Taeyong is sitting. He opened Taeyong's car door before the other has a chance to open it himself. 

Ten grinned at Taeyong's annoyed expression. "You're cute." 

Taeyong frowned even more. "I'm not a girl." he stepped out of the car and walked over to where the swings are, leaving Ten behind. 

"Hey, wait for me!" 

As soon as Taeyong reached the swings, he sat on one and slowly swung, as Ten did the same. They sat there for a minute without talking and Taeyong felt how the other is agitated as if he wants to say something but doesn't know where to start. 

Taeyong sighed. "Stop wasting my time. If you have something to say to me, say it already." 

Ten looked down but quickly regained his composure. "I want to get to know you." he said straightforwardly. "From all the people I met, you're the first one to ignore me like this. It makes me curious." 

"About?" 

"You." Ten his lips. Taeyong noticed he does that whenever he gets nervous. "I want to be closer to you, get to know you better." 

"If you're asking to be my friend, no thanks I'm not interested." Taeyong looked away when he noticed Ten's usual playfulness in his eyes disappeared. 

"I don't know why you suddenly took my hand a while ago and brought me here," Taeyong continued. "Tell me, what game are you playing?"

Ten shook his head. "Damn, I'm not playing any games with you," he looked away. "I just want to...talk to you."

Taeyong snickered. "Bull." 

"You must be confused why I pulled you out of there like that," Ten spoke again. "To be honest with you, I don't know why I acted like that. Just...it felt wrong to know you were with Jaehyun."

Taeyong closed his eyes. "Do you like me?" he asked with a low voice.

Ten's eyes grew wide. This is not what he was expecting from the other. Not at all. How can Taeyong come up with the idea that he likes him?! They barely talk for God's sake! 

But he remembered how his heart beat over his chest when he saw Taeyong for the first time. He remembered how he felt his heart break a little when he found out Jaehyun and him were together. 

Then he realized it. 

Maybe....

He heard Taeyong sighed. "I thought so. You don't, so stop minding my business. I can hang out with whoever I want. You have no say in it."

Taeyong stood up but Ten quickly held his arm for the second time that day.

Ten closed his eyes and he can feel how his stomach churn in nervousness. With a final encouragement, he opened his eyes and stared right at Taeyong's eyes. 

"Date me. Lee Taeyong, be my boyfriend."

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 3

[A/N: Hello! Thanks to all y'all who took their time and commented on this story! For those who subscribed, thanks very much. You guys gives me the motivation to update everyday. Anyway, just to let you all know, this is my first story that I literally have my mind set into and I'm really wishing that I can finish this story the best I can. Adding to this note, please don't expect this story to come perfect. I will try my best to give you something worth reading for! Thank you to all my subbies out there and my frequent commentors!  I appreciate you all! 💕]