Chapter 8

Statue

 

Out of all the feelings he should be feeling, Taeyong doesn't understand why the thought of Ten despising him made his heart hurt in agonized. He should be happy, jumping in joy that Ten will finally be leaving him alone but something inside him hurts, like his heart are being torn into pieces. 

And the thing that confuses Taeyong more is that all he wants to do is to apologize to the other and embrace him in his arms. 

He was sure that the last time he checked, he doesn't like Ten that way. Never romanticed about him in any way and he promised himself that he would never feel that way. Not with a playboy like Ten, anyway. But now, Taeyong's not sure anymore. 

Not until his heart stops feeling this way. 

"Taeyong, are you okay?" 

Taeyong weakly looked behind him and the sad smile Jaehyun was throwing him just makes Taeyong feel more guilt circling in his system. He doesn't like it. But he knows that the other was just trying to make him better. 

"Yeah, I'm okay. Thank you for the breakfast, Jaehyun. I should get to class." Taeyong starts to walk away but the sudden grip on his hand stopped him from moving any more.

"Wait, Taeyong. At least let me walk you to your class." Jaehyun said, already dragging Taeyong to his class, completely oblivious to the nervousness marked on Taeyong's face. 

"Jaehyun, wait. I don't know if you walking me to my class will be a good idea," the confused look from the other only made Taeyong gulp in nervousness. "You don't have to, really. I can manage."

You can't because Ten will be in my next class. 

Jaehyun gave him a skeptical look. "What? No, Taeyong it's okay. I want to do this for you."

Well, .

Taeyong's shoulders slouched as he sighs in surrender. "Okay, if you insist."

The walk to Taeyong's classroom is filled with nothing but silence between the two of them, with only the students scurrying to their own classes and the sound of their shoes stepping into the cold floor. Taeyong knew that Jaehyun wants to talk to him about Ten and he's thankful that the other is not pursuing to do it right away. He doesn't have the energy to talk about it, anyway. All he can really do right now is think and think about why he feels the way he's feeling right now. 

Confusion.

Why is Ten so mad at me? What did I do? Taeyong asked himself.

"Taeyong."

The sudden sound of his name stopped Taeyong's train of thoughts. He saw Jaehyun looking at him with a worried look and Taeyong raised his brow in confusion.

"Yeah?" Taeyong asked.

Jaehyun's brows furrowed. "Uh...we're in front of your class, Tae," Jaehyun called worriedly. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I am Jaehyun." Taeyong tried to smile.  "Don't worry about me. Thank you for walking me to class."

Taeyong tried to glance inside his classroom and was relieved to not see Ten inside. 

Good. I don't want to fight with him right now.

"It's no problem, Tae." Jaehyun smiled, his eyes crinkling under the sunlight that filters through the window. "I'll come see you later, alright?"

Taeyong nodded and before he can turn around to enter his room, a pair of arms encircling him on his waist stopped him from doing so. Taeyong's eyes widened and the next thing he knew is that Jaehyun's arms are comfortably wrapped around his body, his own arms laying awkwardly on his side. The smell of lavender filled his nose and he realizes how good Jaehyun smells. 

What the heck is happening?

"Smile, Tae." Jaehyun whispered on his ear, sending a tingling feeling on Taeyong's spine. "You look more stunning with it."

Taeyong can't help but to smile. A real smile this time. 

Taeyong shook his head, opening his mouth to speak but before he can do that, the sound of a very cold voice was heard. 

"Wow, you two have the guts to actually ing hug right in front of my class?" Ten coldly said from behind, making Taeyong jump in surprise. 

"T-ten..." Taeyong muttered, gulping. "W-we weren't h-" 

"No, you don't need to explain yourself to me." Ten muttered and Taeyong can see how the other's jaw hardened. "We're nothing." 

The words were like a slap to the face. Taeyong won't deny that his heart felt like it's been burned a hundred times when he heard those words come out of Ten's mouth. He felt frustrated with himself. Why is he feeling this way? 

"Ten, bro, not here. Let's talk about this later, okay?" Jaehyun intervened, standing up in between of the two.

Ten's cold eyes left Taeyong's own, its way finding Jaehyun's pleading ones. Ten snickered, his fists balled to his side. "Damn, Jaehyun. Just shut the hell up."

Jaehyun's mouth hang open in surprise. "What the hell, Ten?"

"Tss, I don't have time for this ." Ten shook his head, pushing Jaehyun to the side. He gave Taeyong a one long, last look before going inside the classroom with a frown on his face.

And the look Ten gave made Taeyong feel more guilt. 

It's filled with sorrow and pain and all Taeyong wants to do is brush all those emotions away. 

--

Taeyong wants nothing else but to just stand up and leave the classroom. He doesn't know how long he had been looking at the clock hanging on the wall or how many times he had scribbled bad things about Ten on his notebook. 

Sighing for the nth time that class, Taeyong once again secretly glanced towards Ten's way, his expression immediately changing into a scowl when he saw how Ten's arms are wrapped around a girl's shoulders, with them quietly flirting to each other. 

Taeyong wants to puke at the sight. They look like an old couple flirting to each other. He thought. 

At least have some shame with yourselves

Taeyong rolled his eyes as he continued to stare at the way Ten is flirting with a girl. They actually looked happy together. The thought only made Taeyong poke his notebook harshly with a pen. 

I can't believe this! He has the guts to flirt when I'm in the same room as him?

"Mr. Lee?" 

The sound of his last name being said made Taeyong freeze in his spot. He felt every eyes in the room staring at him and it made Taeyong even more nervous once he saw that Ten's attention is diverted all for him now. 

. What to do?

"Y-yes, teacher?" Taeyong asked, awkwardly.

"I noticed that you have been poking your notebook rather intensely for a few minutes now. Is something wrong?" the teacher asked. 

A sound of laughter was heard in the room. When Taeyong turned to look who it was, it was none other than Ten. Taeyong scowled at the way Ten was staring at him. He knew that the other is making fun of him with those eyes and yet, Taeyong feels his heart beating more faster at the thought of having Ten's attention on him.

"Nothing's wrong, teacher. I'm sorry for being a bother to the lesson." Taeyong apologized, bowing his head slightly. 

Taeyong heard another snicker and he doesn't have to guess who it is. He can't make himself look at Ten's way once more because Taeyong is afraid that he won't be able to suppress the emotions surging through him at the moment. 

The teacher continued with his lesson and Taeyong let out a sigh of relief. Slouching back on his seat, Taeyong secretly threw Ten a look and was surprised to have the other looking at him back. Gulping, Taeyong slowly looked away and tried focusing himself on the lesson in front of him. 

But for some reason, he just can't. Not when he can feel a pair of eyes looking at him from the side. 

Suddenly, Taeyong felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and he immediately checked to see who it's from, hoping it's from someone he wanted to hear from since last night. 

 

From: Jaehyun

 

Taeyong let out a disappoined sigh.

 

How's class? Is Ten giving you a hard time? 

 

Taeyong smiled. Even when they're not together, Jaehyun still is worried for him.

Taeyong quickly typed an answer. 

 

Class is fine. Pls dont worry too much about me. :)

 

His phone vibrated once again and Taeyong opened it, expecting to see Jaehyun's name but he was wrong. 

 

From: Ten

Pls dont text him when I'm around. It hurts me to see you smiling whenever it comes to him. 

 

Taeyong's eyes widened. He quickly turned towards Ten but saw that the other is looking straight ahead as he gripped his phone tight in his hand. The girl that Ten was flirting with was no longer beside him and that made Taeyong feel a little better.

Taeyong turned to his phone, feeling a pang in his chest. Why does Ten have to say those things after he told me that we were nothing? How did Ten even know that I was texting Jaehyun?

All these thoughts continously ran through Taeyong's mind throughout the whole class and all the answer he came up with was that everything is just too confusing.

He realized that the three of them is tangled in a complicated situation that he has no idea how it started. And he's afraid that it might be too late to fix the right from the wrong.

 

END OF CHAPTER 8


 

im back guys!!! after losing motivation to write for a while, im back! im soo sorry for the long wait, there was just too much going on for me for the past few months i hope y'all understand!!

anyway hope u enjoy and watch out for the next chapter! dont forget to comment and ofc upvote if u think it deserves one :) 

thank u for the love, see you soon <3

 

PS!! if you still haven't had the chance to read this, pls do!! esp if yutae is ur cup of tea ;)