Chapter 7

Statue

Taeyong woke up with the sound of his phone ringing. He grumbled before taking his phone beside his bedside table, not bothering to see who could be the one to call him. 

"Hello?" he asked, a bit annoyed. 

"Hey cutie, rise and shine!" said the voice at the other line. 

Taeyong frowned at the cheesy nickname. Who else would call him with such a name other than Ten?

 He glanced at the clock on his wall and saw it's only 6:30 in the morning. His class won't start until 8:30 so he still has at least a half an hour to sleep.

This thought only made Taeyong even more grumpier. 

Still with his eyes closed and hazy mind, Taeyong replied, "Yah Ten, who said you can call me with that gross pet name?"

There was silence on the other line, confusing Taeyong for a minute because Ten always has something to say. That kid won't shut his mouth like ever when talking to Taeyong. 

"It's Jaehyun..." spoke the voice on the other line. 

With that simple sentence, Taeyong realized the events that has happened yesterday. Starting from the confession Jaehyun made and to waiting for Ten in front of his class for hours to wait for the other but Ten never showed up. 

This made Taeyong a bit disappointed. Ten told him to wait for him but he never showed up. No single message or a phone call was received from the other as well. Taeyong could only wonder what the other is up to. 

"Oh Jaehyun... Sorry, I'm still a bit sleepy." Taeyong apologized. 

"It's okay, Taeyong-ah. Don't worry 'bout it." Jaehyun said and Taeyong can see the other smiling from the other line and this made Taeyong smile as well. 

"So, do you want to get breakfast with me before you go to class?" Jaehyun asked and Taeyong can feel the nervousness from the other. "It'll be my treat!"

Taeyong laughed. "I have no problem with that since I'm pretty hungry right now."

Jaehyun let out a soft laugh. "Well okay then, I'll see you in a bit." 

Before Jaehyun could hang up, he heard Taeyong muttered, "Is...Ten okay?"

Jaehyun gripped his phone, trying to even his breathing. He took a deep breath before answering, "He's fine! Why, is there something wrong with you two?"

"Well, he was supposed to pick me up yesterday but he didn't show up at all. I was just wondering maybe, if you  know what's up with him?" A sign of worry was etched on his voice as he waited for Jaehyun to answer.

 Taeyong heard the other sigh. "I'm sorry Tae, I don't know anything about that but if it makes you feel better, do you want me to ask him?"

"No, it's okay! He'll come around," Taeyong grumbled in his pillow. "I just don't understand why he didn't come..."

Jaehyun cleared his throat. "So... I'll see you at the cafe near school?" 

 "Yeah, okay. See you."

---

When Taeyong arrived at the cafe, he saw Jaehyun already sitting at a booth near the window, a cup of hot chocolate in his hands. Taeyong opened the door and the scent of deliciously cooked breakfast meals welcomed him, making Taeyong's stomach grumble more. With long strides, he walked over to where Jaehyun was sitting and quickly put on a smile.

"Hey, I'm sorry did you wait long?" Taeyong asked, sitting on the opposite seat of Jaehyun's. 

As soon as Jaehyun spotted Taeyong, a big smile graced his lips. "Not really, I mean I live close here so..." 

Taeyong nodded his head in understanding. He looked up at Jaehyun and saw the other staring at him, his eyes sparkling. Taeyong cleared his throat awkwardly as he looked away, finding the tissue holder more interesting than the person in front of him. 

"You're staring," Taeyong pointed out.

Taeyong was surprised when Jaehyun laughed. He was expecting the other to be shy and nervous and he was caught off guard when the Jaehyun didn't do any of those. 

"Can't help it," Jaehyun smiled. "You're beautiful."

Taeyong's eyes bulged as he almost choked on air. He glances up at Jaehyun, only to see the other standing up from his seat. 

"I'll order food for us now," He spared Taeyong a look. "What'd you want, Tae?"

Taeyong shrugged. "Surprise me."

After Jaehyun bought their food, the two happily ate their breakfast as they made small conversations here and there. As the time goes by, Taeyong found himself more comfortable with Jaehyun and he himself finds the other sweet and Taeyong can see how Jaehyun cares for him. That realization made his heart flutter as he laughed at something Jaehyun said.

"Jae, are you serious?" Taeyong clutched his stomach from laughing. "That joke is so cheesy!"

Jaehyun narrowed his eyes. "Yah, it took me a day to come up with that joke to say to you." He straightened up his back as his face became serious. "Listen, I have another one."

"Please, I really don't want to hear anymore of your corny jokes," Taeyong stifled  a laugh. 

 "Come on, I promise this is good!" Jaehyun assured.

Taeyong raised his arms in surrender. "Gee, okay shoot."

Jaehyun cleared his throat. "Taeyong, are you my appendix?" Jaehyun looked right at Taeyong's eyes and the latter can't help but to laugh because of the other's serious expression. "Because I have a feeling that I should take you out."

Before Taeyong can laugh, a voice interrupted their conversation and Taeyong felt his heart twitched excitedly at the person standing in front of them.

"Tss, what? Are you two out on a date this early?"

 Taeyong glances up, his mouth gaped open. "Ten..." 

As Taeyong was about to stand up to talk to Ten, he noticed another presence behind the Thai boy and Taeyong saw a beautiful girl with a long brown hair, with Ten's hand gripping the girl's waist softly.

Taeyong looked at Ten, confused. "Who is she?" 

Ten gave out a smirk. "My girlfriend, have any problem with that?"

"What the hell, Ten?" Jaehyun glared. "Don't talk to him like that!"

Ten narrowed his eyes and Taeyong saw how the other's eyes are full of anger and...hurt. 

"I can ing talk to him any way I want," Ten said in a low voice. 

Taeyong felt a pang in his chest and he tried hard to ignore it. "Damn it, Ten! Where the were you yesterday? I waited for you for hours and you didn't even return any of my calls!"

Ten scoffed. "Why would I?" He spared Jaehyun a look before giving his attention to Taeyong. "Cause it seems to me that you didn't ing need me considering you're only ing with me with one of my best friends."

Taeyong widened his eyes, his eyes filled with shock. He wouldn't deny that the words Ten threw at him hurt because it did. "What are you talking about, Ten? I... I never did..."

"Yeah, sure." Ten scoffed. "Just ing leave me alone, Taeyong because I'm done with you."

With that, Ten walked away and this time, Taeyong didn't try to stop the tears that was threatening to fall from his eyes. 

 END OF CHAPTER 7

--

 

 

A/N: AN UPDATE AFTER SO LONGG!! Thank you for waiting patiently for this story and ofc for the subs and comments!! I know this chapter is short but I still hope you all enjoyed! 

What will happen to Taeten??  Will Jaehyun finally get Tae because of TaeTen 's fight?? 

Hmm. Idk too! HAHAHA 

Anyway if you like more NCT fanfics,  check my YuTae story "Chasing Taebreeze" and pls give it lots of love too!!