4. SECRETS

Can't leave

JIHOON’S POV

 

What did he just said? I’m hearing it wrong right. It’s impossible, Soonyoung love Seokmin and Seokmin love him too. No, I can’t fool myself about this.

 

“Jihoon-ah, did you heard what I just said? I told you that I still love you and I’m serious about this. Now answer me, can we be together again? I know you like Jisoo  hyung but I want to make sure that this time no matter what circumstances we were in I will be with you all this time. I want to hold you back, back unto my arms again and not to others arms. I want to nurture the love that I have inside you heart. I want to heal the scar that I cause you. This time I will hold your heart again and make sure to fall in love with me again and again.” I heard him saying.

 

I just look at his eyes, my tears are falling, I was a bit flustered and my hands felt the beating of my heart. As I remembered, only Soonyoung can give these effects on me. I want to hug and kiss him right now but I can’t. I didn’t even know how to respond to him and suddenly his face was too close to me now. He held my chin up and his lips were on mine. My heart were beating faster than ever, my mind were blowing, my eyes  widened because of shock. Soonyoung just kiss me, for goodness sake what should I do? For a moment I close my eyes and put my hands on his nape, cherishing every moment bit by bit. I want to register everything to my memory and to my senses.

 

If it is a dream, I don’t like to wake up anymore, for now I’m sure I missed him. I kissed him back and we become aggressive to each other and for a moment we were gasping and in need of oxygen. He put his forehead over mine and he said, “I’m glad your back my little Jihoon-ah.” We both smiled with each other and then I realized it wasn’t a dream. It’s a reality. I was confused and I suddenly pushed him and walk backwards.

 

“Soon-ah, let me think for a while, ahmm, this is too sudden. Too sudden and my feelings NO my emotions are too mixed up. I’ll go for now, just stay here, don’t follow me” after a few steps backwards, I ran out to the door and  as I walk to the lobby I heard someone talking and the voices are familiar.

 

“Hyung, Jisoo hyung, wait for me I have something to tell you” Seokmin shouted while running towards hyung’s direction.  Jisoo hyung stop walking and face Seokmin.

 

“Hyung finally, Kei noona agreed to date me. You’re right I should approached Jisoo noona first and told her my plan. She agreed to me and she just called me to inform the good news. Thanks for the good advised hyung. You’re really a knight. HA HA HA” Seokmin told the latter and pulled Jisoo hyung for a hug and he suddenly lifted the older and turned him around. The people were all surprised seeing the scenario and all were laughing to them. Jisoo hyung was so surprised and he keeps slapping Seokmin arms but the younger didn’t budge.

 

Now I realized, it was me who it at fault all this time. I thought Seokmin and Soonyoung is an item but they’re not. It was all my assumptions, I misinterpret all their actions and their friendship. I was too dumb to analyse the too obvious things in my group.  I leaned my back to the hard wall and slide my body until I sat on the floor. Soonyoung was right, I only cared myself, I only want to hear what is good and not what the truth around me. “Jihoon-ah, be good this time and don’t makes things complicated,” I told myself as I closed my eyes.

 

Meanwhile, soonyoung can’t keep smiling all day. After what happened in the practice room, he decided to search for Dino to make some dance routine for the next album.

 

While Junhui and Minghao were to shocked to get up from where they’re in.

 

MINGHAO’S POV

 

“Jun gege, did you saw that, I mean did you heard all what Soonyoung and Jihoon hyung said a while ago?” I told to the man seating beside me whose eyes and lips are all smiling like an idiot.

 

He didn’t answer me again, he was always like this, ignoring what I was telling him. I decided to hold his face and pulled it in front of me and kiss his forehead. There you go, he saw me now and his expression change from smiling idiot to a confuse puppy.

 

“Hyung, can you talk to me now? I was asking you a while ago and you ignored me again.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry my dear Minghao, I was too shocked and delighted at the same time. Besides acting, it was my first time to saw a real confession.  It is also my first time to saw Jihoon hyung that way. Oh my God, it’s too precious, I told you before that I felt something about that two right?, now it’s positive” he responded while holding my arms and back to his talkative self again, I just nod and nod and nod to all the stories that has been told to me and then I suddenly realized that we were still at the back of the speaker.

 

 “Hyung, can we got up and continue our conversation while eating our lunch? I’m hungry and at the same time my legs were hurting already after  kneeling for hours” I complained.

 

“Oh me too, that’s a good idea, let’s go now I’m hungry too” as we were getting up I asked him, “Hyung, what we gonna do to the video that we filmed, I’m sure the members will be happy to see this”

 

“No, no, no, we can’t show them this video, it’s getting complicated, we should keep it on ourselves for a while and let their stories and destiny continues its journey. Do you understand?” he answered back and as we walked I put my arms on his shoulder and wink at him which causes him to laugh and ruffles my hair, we both laugh and continue walking to the Pledis cafeteria.

 

 

WONWOO’s POV

 

I was buying my cheesy burger when I spotted Jisoo hyung talking with his Dad. He looks like gloomy after the conversation. I walk to his direction and tap his shoulder and he turn to look at me. I offer him my burger and I smiled but I was shocked when I saw a tear from his eyes. He wipe them off and suddenly grab my hand and bite my burger, he chewed for a bit and walk backwards and wave his hands before he turn around and walk through the main door of the company. There was a car in front of the main entrance and he drove it.

 

Ever since we were young, he was always like that, keeping a calm image and angel like feel around us. He doesn’t want to bother anyone and keep his problems on himself. I told him that he can always tell me what’s bothering him and he always shrug his shoulder and smile back. Jisoo hyung is always a mystery to me as well as the other members. He knows how to enjoy and he knows how to please everyone. He took every suggestion and recommendations seriously and decide on his own. He was one of the open minded people among the group; I always admire him on showing who he is. He wasn’t anxious on people around him but he was afraid to hurt  them. Maybe that is the reason why he always keeps a distance from us when he has a problem. Sometimes when someone is talking, I always spotted him to be on his own world and not listening to the person’s dilemma or nagging specially Jeonghan hyung. When everybody was on chaos, he was just in the corner and calm, and then he suddenly spoke up and all the members are eager to hear what he was thinking off. He was too precious to us, every words that he said is just like you we’re hearing new things and funny things from him. But this days, he seems that he was back 10 years ago.

 

JISOO’s POV

 

I was talking with my father about the company and suddenly he reminded me what the date today is. Maybe this was the reason why I was so sensitive these past few days. It’s getting nearer. I will saw her again at exactly 10 years. I met Wonwoo before I leave the company and he was as puzzled as before. I drove my car and stop on a flower shop and buy a bouquet of Calla Lily. I miss her so much but I was the reason why she wasn’t with me anymore. She lied to me but I was also an idiot on believing about her. If I just hear out her reasons at that time the accident might never happened. And maybe we were a couple at present time.

 

After reaching my destination, I stayed at my car for a minute before getting out.  I was walking when I spotted the place where she got an accident. I place the flower on the side of the road. Memories keeps coming on my thoughts, while I was staying in States I always dreamed about her telling me, “DON’T LEAVE ME, DON’T GO AWAY FROM ME” those phrases were her last words before I get in on the car. I sat infront of the flower and began to confess.

 

“ Yoonha-yah, I’m so sorry that it took me 10 years to come back here and visit you. I was holding back myself to come here, I want to forget you  but the guilt keeps coming on me everytime the date of your death  comes nearer. How are you at heaven right now? You were a good and a beautiful girl back then. I’m sure you were going to the place of our Lord. But guess what, I was a member of a boygroup right now. We call ourselves SEVENTEEN, I have new friends and my best friend was look like you, you have so many similarities in every aspect. This days I don’t know if I’m a gay or biual but sometimes I felt that I love him more than a best friend’s love.”

 

“Then you should introduce him to me then.” I heard someone talking at my back when I look back it was HAM EUNJUNG noona. She always comes here even when we were kids. My mom was a doctor on this hospital and Eunjung noona always comes here with his mom to help and do some charitable things. She was with me when I meet Yoonha, she was also the one who introduce her to me.

 

I got up from sitting and approach her. “Noona, you were here all along when I monologue?”

 

“ah huh” she responded and she began to laugh and open her arms. I hug her and push her slightly after.

 

“You were always like that, acted as ghost and hearing what I was saying without even greeting me first” I complained.

 “Jisoo-ah, as I remember you always talk what you were thinking all the time even when you were young. And besides, you didn’t inform me that you were in a boygroup now huh?”

 

“Noona, Jiyeon noona saw me before when I made a greeting at the salon. And we also have same promotions before”I explained.

 

“Hmmp” she pouted, “Wait a minute why is this beautiful flower was on the road side?” she asked while her hands was reaching the bouquet.

 

“Noona, you won’t remember? Today is Yoonha’s death anniversary.”

 

“DEATH ANNIVERSARY? How come?” she looks surprise and her eyes went big. She got up and walk towards me. “Jisoo wake up, what are you talking about. Yoonha haven’t died.”

 

“No, noona I saw her when she was hit by a car when she was running after our car. Remember when her secret was busted? From that moment I confront her and tell her that she need to leave me alone and stop acting she was sick because she wasn’t and she made me a fool when she dress as a boy in order to be with me. She taught that I won’t talk to her if she was a girl which started everything but she was wrong. And I began to hate her because of that. We quarrelled that day because my mind was so clouded on thoughts of leaving her here why she was sick but then I discovered that she was just pretending to be sick in order for me to care her and be her slave nurse. We became friends you know that and I trusted her so much but she lied to me. I decided to go with my mom on States before I hurt her further by keeping my distance from her but she always follow me whenever I go and on the day of our departure. She ran to reach our car to apologise once again but I told our chuffer to drive faster and then….andd…..theeennn” I can’t take it anymore and I began to cry and kneel on the road in front of Eunjung noona. She sat beside me and caresses my back to keep me calm but when she talks, my heart went wild.

 

“Jisoo-ah, why would you conclude that Yoohna has died when she was on your group all along and your fans and members knew that you were best friends from the time you approached her on your predebut years.” She informed me. I suddenly stop crying and look at her.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“Noona, it was Jeonghan and not Yoonha. They look the same but there were a different person. Jeonghan is a guy and yoonha is a…..No, it can’t be. Yoonha is not jeonghan. Jeonghan is my bestfriend and I’m pretty  sure that he just resemble Yoonha…noooo…nnooo noona. It can’t be.”

 

“Jisoo, I saw her last time and she interviewed our group. She was with your other members, she also dances shyly on our new song. The moment I saw her, I know that Jeonghan is Yoonha.” She explained to me.

 

“Noona, are you telling me now that everything that I knew all this time is not the whole truth?”

 

“I don’t know Jisoo but one thing is for sure, Yoonha is always with you all this time and you ignored the fact that there is a possibility that she hasn’t die.”

She hold both my  shoulder and said, “You need to talk to her calmly this time. Maybe she  has a reason as before why she did it. Don’t make the same mistake again. I know you misses her so much because you won’t be here today if I’m wrong”

 

I just look at her and my tears are falling profusely. She got a handkerchief and wipe off my tears and hug me like when we were young. She was always be the one who calmed me when I was depress and now here I am on his embraced again. Even though we were both grownups, some things never change.

 

After I calm down, she went back to the hospital and meets her parent who was feeding the patients for free. She informed me that she love doing this things and maybe this is the reason why when she had a hard time, these people around her help her to cope up on the rumours she was in before. I help them until all went well and I bid my farewell to them.

 

I was alone again in my car. I drove for 2 hours before arriving in front of our dorm. I absentmindedly went in on my room and bang the door. My 2 roommates were not yet here; maybe the SUKIRA shooting wasn’t finish yet. I went to my bed and lie down and cuddle my life size pillow but the one I’m hugging right now wasn’t my soft and huggable pillow. I trembled for a bit when I reach the top of comforter, I slowly pulled it down and then his image was revealed. He was sleeping like a cute puppy, I want to hold and caress that beautiful face but I can’t and then he move and open his eyes.

 

“Soo-yah, you’re here already?” he asked. I move back and ready to get up but he pulled me in on my bed and hug me. “Don’t leave me, please don’t go away from me anymore”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

so sorry for not keeping an update for month. i'm too busy on my internship and school works at the same time..hope you like the update. i'll see to it to update more recently next time..hope you give some insights about this fic. i want to know what you're thought about this chapter.

 

p.s. Ham eunjung is a member of T-ARA. I always admire her as an actress and idol. she was also an only child like jisoo..