3. DEVIL, STUPID, LIAR

Can't leave

It’s been almost 2 days that Soonyoung stayed at SVT practice room. He was bothered on something that no one should have known. He is concerned about his favourite Jisoo hyung and also with his Jeonghan hyung but there is a particular someone that made him stayed in the practice room and that is not to practice but to think clearly what should he do, what moves should be appropriate from this situation and how can he handle what his heart tells him to do which contradicts what his mind telling him to do.  Soonyoung was seated on the corner of the room when Jun and Minghao came in.

 

“Hyung what are you doing here? Is there something wrong? Are you not feeling well?” asked by Minghao but the elder was not responding. Jun approached Minghao and signalled him not to bother Soonyoung for a while and the two decided to take a seat and talk instead.

 

“Jun hyung, what is really happening to the hyungs, are they fighting? Why is everyone looks gloomy? Is this all about Jisoo hyung? Did they already know t-----”The question was not completed because Jun covered Minghao’s mouth because he saw their leader approaching them.

 

“Hyung did you saw Jisoo hyung again? Is he here or on President’s office perhaps?” asked Soonyoung to Jun. Jun looked at Soonyoung then to Minghao while removing his hands to the latter.

 

“Why? Is there’s something you want to asked to Jisoo hyung or something to tell?”

 

“Aahhhmm, I just missed him? What I mean to say----,”

 

“Aahhh Yyeeeaaahh, who else doesn’t missed him, I also hugged him a while ago when I saw him again”

 

“Then, is he here right now or is he already gone?”

 

“Nope, he’s here. He is likely to go toward  Jihoon’s stud---,” Jun doesn’t finished what he is saying because Soonyoung just run towards the door. All he can do is to stare at Minghao who is also confused at the same time.

 

Soonyoung run upstairs, his heart is beating so fast, he has a difficulty of breathing right now. He walked slowly while approaching Jihoon’s studio, he heard a strumming of guitar and now he confirmed that his Jisoo hyung was inside. He rolled the knob and opened the door excitedly until he heard someone talking and the music stop.

 

“HYUNG, I LOVE YOU”

 

“Jihoon-ah what are you saying?” Jisoo asked the little member.

“Hyung, it’s been a while. You know how much I missed you right?” said Jihoon while hugging Jisoo infront of him. The older boy smiled and patted Jihoon’s back.

 

“I knew it, that’s why you said you love me. Ha Ha Ha”

 

“Hyung, where have you been? You didn’t even contact me.” Jihoon responded and pouted at the same time which make Jisoo laugh out loud.

 

“Oh My. Jihoon is that you? You amazed me right now. Hmmp. I was hoping that you just sincerely confessed to me a while ago but now I doubted if that the case.” Jisoo said while scratching the back of his head and leaning back to his seat. Jihoon’s turned his face in a pink blush which makes Jisoo lean forward and stared Jihoon in his eyes which cause the younger to divert his eyes to his left in order to lessen his blushing and most awkward moment in his life.

 

After sometime,Jjihoon let out a huge sigh and look at Jisoo but to his mistake his is now facing Jisoo more or less 1 inch from Jisoo’s face who is staring and smiling at him in a teasing manner.

 

 “Hyung, actually, there is something you need to know. The thing is I don’t know where to start.”

 

“Are you admitting now that you had a crush on me? Huh…huh..”Jisoo teased the younger.

 

“ahhh…eehhh…hyuuung..accc---accc—accctuallly”

 

“oopps it’s true? Did I have a new admirer now?”

 

“hyuuuunnggg!!!!”

 

“Okay..okay..I let you talk now. So, what is it” Jisoo asked him while he leaned back to his seat and cross his arms.

 

“ahhhhh”

 

“ahh?, Is that it?”

 

“hyung, don’t interrupt me. Can you?”

 

“okay..okay..I keep my silence now” Jisoo responded putting both his hands up. “Please talk. Ahhh, so why did you say you love me again?”

 

“Because hyung for the reason that you are YOOOO---.”

 

“Yohh! Waazzzuppp” cut by Jisoo to lessen the awkwardness in the room.

 

“Aaarrggghhh…HONG JISOO!!!”

 

“HA HA HA HA HA…chill dude, you’re so tense right now”

 

“Can I continue now?”

 

“You can. Hehehehe”

 

“As I was saying because you are…”

 

“You are??? Say it”

 

“You are yo” Jisoo can’t help but to lean towards Jihoon because Jihoon’s voice becomes smaller and unaudible.

 

“yoooo….yeo---yeopppuu---yeopuda?...ahh right..because you are pretty hyung..Right?” Jihoon told the older in a shock face and merely half laughing and half confused on what he is talking in front of his love. Aahhhh no. In front of his favourite hyung. Jihoon collect himself and let out a big sigh and hold Jisoo’s arms. He gulped many times before he begin what he want to say and then….

 

“Hyung, promise me that you wouldn’t ignore me when you hear what I want to say. Ahhhmmm.. Actually this morning I was thinking so many times if I needed to tell you about…aaarrrrrrggghhh..”Jihoon wants to tell Jisoo what the truth about his bestfriend alleged fake fainting but he can’t do so. He wants to admit his feeling to Jisoo but he can’t. He doesn’t know what to do and he wasn’t in his right mind right now. Maybe at this moment he was insane at the same time his heart is beating too much from fear, nervousness and too much emotions that he had right now. He needs to tell him now or else never.

 

“Hyung, the truth is I want you to know th---”

 

BBBBBBAAANNNNNGGGG

 

 

 

JISOO’S POV

 

I was listening and to focus on what jihoon was about to say when a sudden loud bang was heard outside the studio. I didn’t notice that the door wasn’t close which causes us to hear the commotion outside the room. I was about to stand up to go near the door and suddenly Soonyoung goes inside the studio and pulled Jihoon’s hand which causes the younger turned back to him.

 

“Soonyoung what happen?” I asked. I observed that Soonyoung was sweating too much and catching  up his breath. I was puzzled, what is happening?

 

“Hyung, Hello. You know I missed you right? But I need to snatch this little hamster from you right now.”

 

“haamm…hamster?...who?”

 

“JIHOON,” Soonyoung anwered back and I can’t stop laughing while the two was to serious too handle my sudden reaction.

 

“What do you want?” asked by Jihoon.

 

“Let’s talk outside, hyung excuse us for a minute…ahhh..nooo…for a day..” after that Soonyoung pulled Jihoon outside the studio and then they were out from my sight.

 

“Well I’m all alone again. I hope Jihoon was alright. If that confession was heard by Jeonghan I can’t imagine what will happen next..HA HA HA HA..Well 2Ji is not bad though. HA HA HA..” I was talking to myself when I sense someone was standing behind my back.

 

“Jisoo-ah what did you just say? 2Ji?” jeonghan asked me. Oppps.

 

“ohhh..Hi BABE” I said while waving my right hand to him.

 

“BABE?.....YAHHHH..HONG JISOO” yelled by Jeonghan while putting his hands on his waist. I can’t help it but to laugh out loud. I really like this day because of so many surprises happening in this room.

 

“Jisoo, are you laughing at me now?”

 

“Han-ah, Goodmorning” I stand up and hug my bestfriend. I missed his scent so much, too sweet to handle.

 

“Yah, Jisoo what are you doing? Are you ok?” I didn’t respond and continue hugging him. I tighten the hug instead specially my grip on his waist. I placed my head on his shoulder which causes my lips to kissed his neck and that makes me realized what I have done was beyond a normal person should have done. I now felt his heart beat beating profusely and a gulp from him. I was about to distance myself from him but he just hugged me back and he is now sobbing and tears were falling at my back. We stayed on that position for a while until Jeonghan was the one to pull out the hug. He turned back at me immediately while wiping out his tears.

 

“Han-ah, what’s the matter?” I asked him while I put my hand on his shoulder.

 

“Nahhh…Nothing, I’m ok. You don’t need to bother about it”

 

“I doubt it”

 

“It’s nothing really, what are you doing here by the way. I was hoping to see you at dorm a while ago but you were not there”

 

“Why are you asking, did you missed me also?”

 

“Huh? Is that even a question? Yah..Hong Jisoo, you’re bragging right now”

 

“Ooppsss. You know I’m not. Everyone misses me so much because I was too sweet and cute at the same time” I told him while pouting and blinking my eyes at the same time. I don’t know what I’m doing and what I just said but maybe I was too happy to see him again.

 

“You look happy..Nooo..You’re too happy and I can’t handle you’re cheesiness right now. Let’s talk after you calmed down.” I just smiled at him and offer him a sit.

 

“Why are you here? I know you’re not really into this room aside when we we’re having a practice. Where else did you go Han-ah?”

 

“Huh? I came here to talk to Jihoon but you’re the one I saw here. Where is he?”

“Hmmppp. Reasons. I know, Han-ah I was the one you want to see in the first place” I told him while pinching his nose. He removed my hand and then he saw the music sheet in the table.

 

“What is this?”

 

“Oh, don’t touch that”

 

“Huh? Why not” he was about to look at the music sheet but I was faster than him for the first time and fold the paper and place it on my guitar case. He looked puzzled and gazed at me in accusing way.

 

“What is that?, a love letter or  letter of confession?”

 

“Huh, Nope. I just drafted some materials and it was not yet finished. I’ll show it to you when I’m done. For the meantime, you’re banned on reading it. Promise me”

 

“You know that promises is meant to be broken”

 

“YOON JEONGHAN!!!”

 

“HA HA HA HA. You keep secrets from me nowadays”

 

“You should also remember that SECRETS ARE REVEALED IN THE END”

 

When I told him that, he just looked at me, he didn’t talk, he looks like he was weighing something and wants to tell me something but in the end he just sigh. Now, I’m really bothered.

 

 

 

JUN’S POV

 

After Soonyoung rushed out from the practice room, Minghao asked me too much question that even I myself doesn’t know the answer. I want to calm down, I want to asked Jeonghan hyung, Jisoo hyung, Seungcheol hyung, Soonyoung  and Jihoon but  I felt like I was invisible from all the things happening right now.

 

I want to burst out my feeling about the situation but I can’t, I was too old or too mature enough to have a tantrum or throw a fit. Living in entertainment world at the age of 2 and until now, there are so many circumstances that I encountered, losing a friend from trainee days, separated from my parents and siblings, staying with people who are strangers at first but become my brothers as times goes by and the saddest part is living in world that should act not based on norms but based on what fans expected you to be based on the profile that your company has given you.

 

It’s sad, it’s unfair but this is what fame and popularity is, whether you were an actor, singer, dancer or to top it all an IDOL in which people set you as an example for all, from toddlers to eldest of the population.

 

“Hyung…hyung…WEN JUNHUI…!!!” shouted by Minghao who’s head is tilted sideways and is now staring at me in a confuse and angry looking at the same time.

 

“Aahhh..Sorry”

 

“I was talking here and asking questions from time to time but you just nod and nod and nod and NOOOOODDDDD!!! Am I a ghost to you hyung?”

 

“No…no.. of course not my dear”

 

“Then why are you not responding. Why do prefer to look at your phone even you know it was not opened yet. I get it. You don’t like to be with me. Is that it?” It seems that I have a bigger problem now that my dearest Minghao is the one having a PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome) in short unnecessary tantrums related to hormonal effects..tssskk tsskkk tssssk

 

“There you go, you’re not into it again. I’m done. I’m going to go now MR.WEN” he told me while standing up but then I stop him from moving forward when I hold his right hand. He stayed as it is, I stand up and I gave him a back hug. I can’t show my face right now who is nearly tearing, I don’t want him to be sad and know why I’m like this because this gonna be a long a day full of weighing what should I do and what should I not do. I want to act now on what my heart is telling me, I want to act on what my body want me to do and lastly I want to act by not thinking things beforehand and let my feelings overflow even just for a minute. Minghao hold my hands in his shoulder, caress it warmly, it was like he is saying just go on and I know what you’ve been through. He is so special to me, when I’m with him I can be who am I, I don’t need to pretend that I’m cool, I don’t need to pretend I’m not a sleepyhead and I don’t need to pretend that I’m alright. Minghao is a clear mirror to me. We classified each other as reflection to one another just like how Jisoo hyung cherishes Jeonghan hyung.

 

“Hyung, can I break your momentum for a while?”

 

“hmmmnn?”

 

“Do you know the Korean lyrics of QING FEI DEI. It’s the official soundtrack of METEOR GARDEN” after hearing his question I unclamped my hug and let him face me.

 

“Yes I know about it, why did you ask?”

 

“Maybe I can learn more about hangul if I compare the lyrics of both songs”

 

“Aahhh. That’s right. I will sing it in Korean and record it for you. Search the song from your phone and I record it on my phone”

 

“Hyung let’s do it the other way around so that you wouldn’t bother to transfer it on my phone when you recorded it”

 

“Ok ok. That’s better”. I opened my phone and search it. As I was about to record, I thought something.

 

“Dear, when we heard Dino’s footsteps coming let’s hide and video him while we make some haunted noise here”

 

“Where can we hide?”Minghao asked while searching for a possible hide out. “Hyung how about there.” I shifted my gazed on the where he is pointing out.

“At the back of the speaker?” I asked.

 

“ahhh huhh” he replied with a wink. Oh my. This kid.

 

“Ok let’s do tha---” Minghao cover my mouth and then we heard a footsteps coming inside. We rushed to go at the back of the speaker and put our cellphone on silent mode and begin to film.

 

“Why are you dragging me here Soonyoung?”

 

“Is that even a question, you know why?”

 

“Well for your information, I don’t”

 

“Really? You we’re about to do something that is beyond my imagination”

 

“Huh? What are you saying?”

 

“Jihoon, you just confessed to Jisoo hyung and then you said because he was PRETTY? Yahhh Jihoon, you want to ruin your friendship with Jisoo hyung?”

 

“Yes, I admit. I confessed but I take it back also. So, what’s the matter with you?”

 

“You didn’t know”

 

“That is why I’m asking”

 

“Huh?, your pathetic Jihoon!”

 

“Pathetic?”

 

“Yes, you are, because first things first you should know or even remember that you promise me that you shouldn’t tell or even show how much you love Jisoo hyung especially in front of me.”

 

“Wait. What? I didn’t even know that you were there listening secretly. You can interrupt me anytime you want but you didn’t”

 

“How am I supposed to interrupt, if I was hurting inside while you’re telling those 3 words to him and I remember that you used to tell me the same words before. I know it is all in the past now but you promise, that when I let go of your hands you promise that you wouldn’t break any friendship in the group especially you and Jisoo hyung and more importantly you will not be in between Jisoo hyung and Jeonghan hyung. YOU PROMISED LEE JIHOON..!!!”

 

“Why? Why it so unfair, why am I not allowed to expressed my feelings to someone that I love. I didn’t even bother you when you and Seokmin are too sweet to each other that as if no one is important other than the two of you. Tell me Soonyoung, why are you being like this to me. When You can like someone and do some lovey dovey stuffs in front of me while I am not. WHY? WHY?!!!!”

 

“YOU KNOW THE REASON BUT YOU PUSH IT ASIDE!!!”

“PUT IT ASIDE? THEN DID YOU EVER THINK THE REAL REASON WHY I STAYED ON MY STUDIO? DID YOU EVEN THINK OF THAT?”

 

“YES!!! I THINK ABOUT IT, ITS FOR THE REASON THAT YOU WANT TO BE WITH JISOO ALL THE TIME” Jihoon slapped Soonyoung and push him.

 

“You’re wrong! You are wrong all this time Soon-ah”

 

“Now, you’re telling me I’m wrong? Jihoon I know your feelings toward Jisoo even when I initiated that we broke up. There is no other possible reason. Nothing” Soonyoung was about to walk towards the door when a hand stop him.

 

“IT ISN’T ABOUT JISOO HYUNG. IT IS ABOUT YOU.” Soonyoung turn around and face the younger.

 

“It’s about me? Are you kidding Jihoon? Never in our relationship that you care for me, you always care about yourself.”

 

“Why are you like this? Huh? Why are you telling this to me now when we broke years ago. I asked you why we need to break up but you only sad it is about me and Jisoo. If you even know that at that time, I just want to make you jealous and I want you to show it to other people how jealous you are because you love me but NO.  You didn’t even bother to hear my explanation about the reason why I was with him all the time. Did you even bother to even ask him why I was with him? Why we need to stay together? You didn’t, yet you know that Jisoo and Jeonghan hyung are for each other. At that time, I was writing for the lyrics of 20. I asked him for help but in the end he said that only I can write it because it was my feelings toward someone and that’s YOU, KWON SOONYOUNG.”

 

“DEVIL, LIAR, STUPID”

 

“LIAR? Soon-ah, why are you like this. You have your own relationship right now. Don’t bother me anymore. This is my life.”

 

“DEVIL, LIAR, STUPID”

 

“KWON SOOYOUNG!!!!, stop it and answer me WHY ARE YOU ACTING THIS WAY”

 

“DEVIL, STUPID, LIAR”

 

“SOONYOUNG.. YAHHHH!!!.. WH---”

 

“BECAUSE I LOVE YOU. I STILL CARE FOR YOU BECAUSE I LOVE YOU MY LITTLE DEVIL, STUPID, LIAR”