1. LIES OVER LIES

Can't leave

PLEDIS BUILDING

JISOO’s POV

I was walking in the hallway and then I meet the VICE PRESIDENT. “Jisoo-ah what are you doing here?” he look at me and then he gaze the room where I came from and then he continue, “Did you perhaps came from the President office? Is there’s any problem about you departing from the group?” I really want to punch him right now,I really don’t want to see him, I really don’t want to even be near on his shadow because he is the reason why I’m having a hard time right now. I’m sure, he is also the  one who leak about the information about my background to the media. I really didn’t know why he became like this, I consider him as my 2nd father since I was young but he changes so much when I came back here in Korea. He should have told me that he doesn’t like me to be here in Pledis in the first place.

 

Everyone who knows about Seventeen think that I was cast in LA during  a KCON event there but it wasn’t really. Yes, I was part of the praise team on our church back then, but I also has a great responsibility about our family business. Our businesses are range from Food chain, Entertainment and Fashion Design. I want to study music when I  graduated in High School but due to stories about KPOP IDOLS in Korea from my Uncle who is the Vice Pres. I was fascinated how fans was devoted to a certain Idols, how this idols has  an effect  on a large scale of fandom. And then I find myself studying SM entertainment history and the effects of this company in the KPOP history, from debuting H.O.T to DBSK and now EXO. While researching about this company, Pledis come to my mind. Isn’t I was also a part of the successor of this company? I want to make it big as everybody. From that moment I decided to be a trainee in the company without telling my uncle because I want to surprise him when he see me in the company and also I want to learn how the management handles their artist and be able to pinpoint the lacking and the advantages that our company had. But what I didn’t expect is, he is the one, who doesn’t want me there. His reason is Idols are too dangerous and I should have studying in management rather than wasting my time in idol life. From that time, we had a small misunderstanding and he told me that he will do everything so that I give up this career. “Jisoo-ah, are you listening to me? Why are you so absent minded?” I heard him saying while patting me on my shoulder and then I decided to response, “Uncle, I can’t leave right  now, my friend is in the hospital and it was cause by me. I want to stay with the members. Can you just allow it?, can you just allow me to be more happy?”I told him. But he replied,“ Jisoo-ah, you know that this idol thing is just a temporary, once the knets knew that you fooled them, that we fooled them about your background,  your group and the company will be in chaos. Do you understand? That is why you need to leave.” “No, I will make it right, I will asked for an apology  thru media, knets are not that small minded. They will understand why I need to pretend that I was cast back in L.A.”I told him while holding his hands, “Uncle please, don’t release the article to the media, it just a rumor right now, the damage is not done yet, we can retrieved everything.” “Jisoo-ah, my son, I know you like to stay here but you also need to help your father in the future. You know that I can’t be the successor because I was only a 2nd son  but you had given  a chance to manage this company in the future. Don’t be selfish ok?” he told me before leaving me in the hallway. I fold my hand, I want to punch the window glass infront of me, I want to show my anger, I want to shout until I didn’t have a voice but this wasn’t the right thing to do. I need to do it on my own before my uncle published it to the media. I dial my father’s number, “hello, Dad, let’s do it tonight when I have a guesting in Happy Together, will you be alright then” “ yes son, do what you need to do, I will be there to support you, I know you’ve decided already, bye then, see you tonight.”

 

 

 

SEVENTEEN’s Dormitory

Jihoon’s  POV

“Hey guys, we need stop this solemn mood already, it gives me goosebumps. Let just watch HAPPY TOGETHER, It airs today right?” I told the members and then I shift my eyes to Seungcheol and then I nod and he also does. We were watching the show and the member’s started crying again especially Soonyoung and Dokyeom. My gosh, this two. I was eyeing them both and then I observed Wonwoo is leaning on Mingyu”s shoulder while Mingyu is hugging him also and then I remember where does Seungkwan, Vernon and  Dino go? The china line are with Jeonghan Hyung in the hospital, where’s the other three. “YAH, hyung!  What is Seungkwan,Hansol and Dino doing in the audience section of Happy Together. When did they leave?” shout Mingyu to Seungcheol. I suddenly look at the TV, and they were really on the broadcast. “Seungcheol, you allowed them to go?” I asked the leader, I was frustrated already. This whole afternoon I wasn’t able to concentrate on composing songs because of what happened and now this? And then,“What is he talking about hyung? Is Jisoo hyung really the president son?, hyung answer me,and and and what!? A descendant of what?, of who?”asked by Dokyeom while holding my shoulders and shaking my poor body. “Yeah, Dokyeom stop harassing my wife,” shout by Seungcheol who is coming towards us. Ah wife, what wife? My eyes went wide and I want to kill someone right now. “Then you answer me, Seungcheol hyung, you knew about these stuffs and you didn’t tell us?”Dokyeom is now confronting the leader. “ Dokyeom-ah, It wasn’t like that, we also knew about it this day only, I wasn’t keeping a secret right Jihoon?,” he answered back to dokyeom then he pulled me close to him  to hide me from Dokyeom. And then Mingyu shouted suddenly which cause Wonwoo slap the giant’s shoulder, “hyung, look Jisoo hyung is going to kneel, look, look” we all turned our attention to the TV.

After answering all the questions from Jaesuk sunbaenim, Jisoo hyung now is on the verge of kneeling down but was stop my Jaesuk sunbaenim and the president. They told him that it wasn’t necessary for him to kneel down. Jaesuk sunbaenim asked the viewers to understand the seventeen member and also it wasn’t his fault to be a son of someone above us. He then thank the president and Jisoo hyung for giving them the confession. He also advice Jisoo hyung to be strong in which it will be difficult for him for the succeeding days after the news breakout.

“Hyung, Jisoo hyung is no.1 in the search portal now, what should we do,” said by Soonyoung to Seungcheol while showing to us his iPAD mini and all the members are gathering around us now. “Kids we need to support and protect Jisoo now and prepare ourselves  for worse scenario and we shouldn’t let him leave the  group. We will show to the knetz and carats how seventeen supports each other right?” Seungcheol answered. I also don’t want Jisoo hyung to leave us, but I will respect whatever his final decision. We look on the articles on the net and were shock by how media can affects everyone’s life.

“PLEDIS LIED ABOUT THE PAST OF HONG JISOO”-KOREATONIGHT

“SEVENTEEN’S GENTLEMAN AND CHURCH  OPPA IS A LIAR”- SEOULTODAY

“TRUE FACE OF HONG JISOO”-ALLKPOP

“SVT’S HONG JISOO is a DESCENDANT OF A KING AND SON OF PLEDIS PRESIDENT”-KOREATODAY

“HONG JISOO’S CONFESSION WILL CAUSE POPULAR SEVENTEEN IDOL GROUP DISBANDMENT”-PANN

“PLEDIS: HONG JISOO IS PRESIDENT’S SON AND WANG DESCENDANT”-SOOMPI

“SVT’S HONG JISOO, SECRET BIRTH REVEALED”-KOREANDAILY

“HONG JISOO IS A TRUE KOREA’S CHAEBOL”-SEOULDIARY

“HONG JISOO IS A LIVING PRINCE”-CNNKOREA

“HONG JISOO: THE BIRTH OF A KING”-DAILYNEWS

 

“Wow, the  media is crazy right now, how fast can they published such article, yah, Seungcheol, call Jisoo hyung right now. Tell him not to look on NEWS ARTICLE right now, you know how Jisoo hyung likes reading articles negative or positive,” I told Seungcheol while I’m shivering and my hands are shaking, my hearts are hurting and pumping too much right now. I’m really nervous, of all the hyungs, I like Jisoo hyung so much, he is the only person whom I can share my thoughts and assured me always that I can rely on him when I needed help especially in composing songs. He is also the one who take me to places to have a break from time to time and make me laugh to his freestyle rap. “He is not answering his phone, It’s off. He is with his dad right? Maybe he is alright. Let just wait for his call. I know he will call us once he was OK. Let just hope, nothing huge happened tomorrow.”

 

 

SEOUL HOSPITAL

 

JISOO’S POV

“Are you sure, you’re staying here at the hospital son?,” father asked me. I just nod and he taps my shoulder two times and then hug me. “Ok then, I got to go now, feel free to call me anytime. We already talk to your mom and the last thing is I need to talk to your uncle about this sudden confession. I know he will gonna punch me when I show up to him tonight but I need to explain everything to him. I’m sure my younger brother will support me no matter what. Say my regards to your friends then. Goodnight son,” he added while hugging me. I really adore my Dad, I really like how calm he can be in this kind of situation, he is really my role model as well as mom who understands me the most and trusting me always. After that he pulled out the hug and takes his leave.

 

KNOCK ….KNOCK… KNOCK

 

“Jisoo hyung!” shouted by Jun and Minghao while running and opening the door for me to come in. Minghao was holding my hands and pulling me forward while Jun put his arms on my shoulders and push me towards the boy sitting on the hospital bed. “Jisoo-ah,” I heard my bestfriend calling me and gave me a welcoming hand gestures. I went to him and hug him while the 2 puppies who’s holding me  a while ago was now busy preparing for our  meal in which the President secretary was given to them a while ago.

“How are you right now, are you alright,” I asked Jeonghan while we’re hugging. Suddenly I felt that a liquid is dropping at my back. “Jisoo-ah don’t leave hmmn. I can’t lose my bestfriend anymore. You need to promise me,” Jeonghan told me and then I pulled out the hug and caress his wet face. “Yes, I won’t leave you and the group. I’ll be staying near you. I can’t  leave you on this state so you don’t need to worry.” After telling those words, I tap his head and then I felt a back hug and I saw Jeonghan smiled again, then I realized that the two Chinese puppies are hugging me tightly which cause Jeonghan laugh and pout. “yaahhh, you two, stop harassing my savior,” he told them while he removes their hands on me. Now this is Jeonghan that  I know, loud always smiling and doesn’t like other members to do so much skinship on me. “Let’s eat  then, I just let out a big thing from my system a while ago,” I said laughing and then the three of them started to cover their nose and go away from me. What the. “Yahh, why are you like this, a while ago your too sweet to me and then now you’re going away from me, here, hug me again. Junhui-ahhhh, come here,” I called Jun but run towards the door. I pouted and let out a huge sigh with dropping shoulders while Minghao goes to Jeonghan’s back to hide from me. I walked towards him while offering a hug but he suddenly pose in defensive gestures like a Kung Fu trick. I just cackled and look back to my bestfriend but I was surprised when he suddenly kiss me on my right cheek. “Wow, what is it?” I asked him but he just smile and go back to bed and cover his body while the other two guys were too shocked to move from their current state.

After having a dinner, I told them about the guesting and confession that I make and they were flabbergasted. I understand their reactions towards my story. We chatted all night and they even made a LETTER OF AGREEMENT in which I need to promise them that I won’t do the thing that I did this morning at dorm. They were asleep now and as of me. I went to the open garden near Jeonghan’s room, it is on the same floor and there are no people around so I decided to stay there for a bit. I need to think what I should do now. I can’t leave Jeonghan right now, because he is ill but once he recovered I need to honestly tell the members that I will be gone for a few months so that the controversy will die down a little and the group will not be affected of my actions. I also need to calm the maknae line, a while ago at broadcast, they were too shock and refused to talked to me. I talked to them in the private room of KBS and explained to them why I need to leave  and why I need to lie but Seungkwan and Dino were not buying my reasons while Hansol assured me that he will explained the consequences to the other two and told me that he will trust my actions no matter what.

Before I leave them in the room, I hugged each of them, at first Dino refuses but gave in at the end. Seungkwan was crying and Hansol is also on the verge of tearing. Sometimes I blamed myself for being too close to the members specially to maknae line, Seungcheol, Jihoon and Jeonghan.

 I sat on a bench near the mini fountain, lean my back to the hard wood and I gazed the stars. I want to make a wish, I want to asked the Lord to guide me but on the back of my mind I want to questioned him. I want to asked him why it has to be me, I was a good servant to him and all but I can’t do that, after all, I know he is watching me right now and want to tell me that I don’t  need to worry too much because I have my friends around me.

I close my eyes slowly and a drop of tears was falling down. I don’t want to cry, that is what I’m thinking but my system say otherwise. At that moment, I felt that someone sit on my side and lean his/her head on my shoulder. I now know who it is, the mere person I want to be with now but also the person I don’t want to see me on this state of mine. Here he is the person who makes my heart flutter, the person whom I want to keep on my side but I can’t.

 

 

JEONGHAN’S ROOM

Minghao’s POV

                “Jun hyung, what are we going to do now. Once Jisoo hyung knew that Jeonghan hyung was faking his loss of consciousness a while ago. He will definitely mad on us and look at them a while ago, is there’s something that I didn’t  know hyung?” I asked Junhui hyung  beside me and shaking him at the same time but he doesn’t answer me but gave me a teasing smile and place his forehead on top of mine. What is really happening   right now? And why my heart is thumping too much?