One – A New Era

Infernal Saga (I & II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One – A New Era

 

Cepherus.

The most beloved creation of the gods. The home of the five empires. A paradise of million lives.

After a hundred years at most, the place was restored to its original state.

The Empire of Aeries was once again lifted in the clouds, like a couple of islands floating in the sky. The main grounds which supported each island were connected with gigantic chains, anchored to each other. Shaha, the Empire of Sabres, witnessed how the golden field around them returned to its original jade color, blooming with different kinds of floras like how it used to in the past. The temperature had gone down, the sun was cherished by young cubs. The doors to their home have been opened ever since the return of the Sun Child.

Garnlok Academy reopened after the eclipse, welcoming new students including the Sabres who previously stopped mingling with the other races. All damages from previous attack of Daevrics were restored as well, as if nothing happened. Herven slaves of Daevric Empire were found a couple of miles from Lupus Volkkan by Arnkai and Luhan on their way back. They said they were marching back home. It turns out that Chanyeol, the new king of Daevric Empire released all non-Daevric blood from their chains. Arnkai guided them back to their families, gathering them together to remind them who they are.

“I am Arnkai, the Astral Child.” He introduced himself, “I rule the stars of heavens as one of the Celestial Children.” He watched them as they listened to him intently, “It’s quite saddening how you were all treated. Orphaned at such a young age,” he gazed at the little children to his right, “Enslaved for years,” he then turned to the previous slaves, “And treated as an outcast.”

He lifted himself from the ground to see a millions of them. He raised his voice, letting it echo for all of them to hear, “You’re more than what you are right now. You’re not just a hunter, a farmer, or a fisherman. You’re the children of the stars. Each of you was born with its power.”

And from that they on, Arnkai reopened their eyes to their real ability and true identity.

 

∞ ♡ ∞ ♡ ∞

 

The grass felt like clouds beneath his feet and Luhan never liked wearing anything to cover them. It’s uncomfortable, and he couldn’t believe how the other folks can walk with it. The Sun Child ran across the field, arms spread wide with his wings dragging from his back. His hair dances with the cold the breeze and he savoured the fresh air in a lungful intake of breathe.

“It’s good to see Cepherus peaceful and alive once again,” Luhan heard from the back. He turned around and found Sehun in his human shape, walking towards him. “And I’m very happy that you’re back, Luhan.”

The said man let out a soft chuckle, “I’m really thankful that you helped.”

“Why wouldn’t I?” Sehun chuckled, standing beside the Sun Child, “It’s all that I can do for you.” He then slid his hand and intertwined it with Luhan’s, receiving a loving smile from the other.

They both gazed at the distant horizon, the sun emitting dimmer golden rays. The sky dimmed to mix purple, pink, scarlet and blue. They watched until they finally heard the horn.

“Come on let’s go,” Sehun tugged his hand. “Chen’s probably waiting for us.”

Luhan gave the sky a longing glance before he followed his lover’s footsteps.

 

They went back to Garnlok Empire where Luhan decided to stay for now. He was given a hut of his own after declining the offer of the King to stay inside the palace itself. As much as possible, Luhan wanted to stay near the academy, since he’s not staying here for no reason.

Luhan sat on the chair which Sehun draw for him, and the Sabre sat beside him. The round mahogany table was filled with fruits, meats and some desserts which made the Sun Child swallow. “You didn’t have to prepare this much,” he told the mage who was introduced to him days ago.

He was answered with a small smile and a bow of his head, “It’s nothing, Your Grace.”

“Yixing,” Chen sat on one of the vacant seats, across the Sabre, “Please, join us for dinner.”

“I still have many things to do, but thank you for the offer.” He bowed to the Sun Child and left the dining area.

 

“I’m worried about him,” Luhan followed the mage with his eyes until he disappeared from his sight. “Was he always like that?” he asked Chen, who, in return, shook his head.

“Yixing didn’t take Baekhyun’s death very well.”

Luhan chewed his bottom lips, his brows furrowed. “Please don’t say that.”

“Apologies,” Chen bowed his head, realizing that Luhan doesn’t like the topic of his brother’s death. They ate in silence afterwards, and once done, Luhan waited for the mage before they could go back to the Central Library. Since there are no students after sunset, they preferred staying there until they’ve worn themselves out.

But another set of hours were wasted. They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter