Eleven – Abducted

Infernal Saga (I & II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eleven – Abducted

 

The following days had been uneventful. Baekhyun was somehow bed ridden, since the remaining effect of the venom is still active and the fact that he couldn’t use his wings properly. Through this time, Baekhyun wondered if he’ll even succeed in helping Chanyeol. At this point, Sehun might not be able to give him some of his furs because, like what the previous Sabre cat they have encountered before the former, it is a sacred thing to their culture.

Baekhyun wondered what would happen if he tells Chanyeol about this. He had given him hope but he’ll just crush it in the end. He shouldn’t have promised, but he couldn’t leave him there. He wanted to do something for the Daevric, in return.

The first two days right after he woke up, he wasn’t able to meet his two companions. He’d always wake up in the middle of the night and the two would always be asleep by then. The third day came and he luckily opened his eyes from slumber around late afternoon.

Deciding that he’d take a walk for a while, he carefully stood up while trying to move his wings. It still hurts, but, it wasn’t as bad as before.

The young Aeri silently thanked Yixing for that.

When he went out of the room, he found Jongin holding a book that was probably from Yixing’s collection. He stood by the shelf, his brows creased in concentration as he tried to read the contents of the book. Sehun wasn’t anywhere to be found and Baekhyun thought that he left already.

 

Jongin felt the Aeri’s presence, looking up from the book on his hands. He quickly put it down and went to his side, holding his one hand and wrapping an arm around his lower back to guide him on the nearest wooden chair.

“You should have called somebody, why did you leave your room by yourself,” Jongin reprimanded, scowling at Baekhyun.

The Aeri giggled softly in return, “I’m fine, my wings are the one fractured, Jongin, not my legs.”

“Still,” when Baekhyun sat comfortably, Jongin crouched before him. “Do you need anything? Food? Water?”

Baekhyun pursed his lips, “C-can I get a cup of water?”

Jongin nodded, dashing to Yixing’s kitchen which is not that far. The mage’s hut isn’t that big so they could still talk to each other without shouting.

“How are you? I knew you and Sehun were also injured from what happened.” Baekhyun asked, watching Jongin fetch what he requested.

“We’re both fine. Our injuries were nothing serious. Yixing already healed them.” The Herven went back to him and offered the wooden cup. Baekhyun took it gently and quickly gulp down the water as his throat had gone dry and hoarse.

“That’s good,” Baekhyun said, smiling. “I…” he paused for a second, “I am sorry for the trouble I caused, Jongin, I didn’t mean to—“

“You don’t have to apologize, Baekhyun.” Jongin sighed. “It wasn’t your fault. In fact, you’re the one who saved our lives. And I am both thankful and sorry for that. You nearly died there, Baek.”

The Aeri smiled, “It’s nothing. But then how did you know Yixing? How did you know that he could help me with the venom?”

Jongin shook his head, sitting on the chair in front the Aeri. “I don’t know him. It was that cat who made the decision to take you here. He said he knows someone that could help. When we arrived here, he went straight to the Academy’s library, looking for the man named Chen. I have you in my arms while we are both on his back. This…Chen guy quickly called Yixing and that was what brought us here…”

Baekhyun was amazed how the world could be so little. So Sehun knows Chen. He wouldn’t have imagined it.

"I see," Jongin noticed that the Aeri wasn't himself. The glow he had when smiling disappeared and those beautiful lilac eyes seemed to lose its spark. The Herven had been with him for quite a time and he knew that this wasn't the usual Baekhyun he was with a few days ago.

"What's bothering you?" Jongin asked, reaching out to touch the Aeri's soft cheeks. Baekhyun was surprised, but he took it as a kind gesture. Jongin, to him, was a sweet friend.

"I...I don't know..." he admitted, looking away, "I told you about my friend right? It seems like I wouldn't be able to help him now. I wouldn't be able to complete what I need."

Jongin frowned, "Don't say that, we could still ask Sehun for help."

Right before the Aeri could argue as he didn't want to trouble anyone anymore, Sehun suddenly came in the hut in his human form, ears, tails and furs combined. Baekhyun quickly stood up, opening his mouth to utter nonsense as Sehun predicted so the Sabre held up his hand.

"If you're going to apologize, save it," he said with a small smile that it's barely there. Baekhyun looked flustered, his mouth gaping like a fish. Sehun took graceful steps towards the remaining vacant seat. Baekhyun bowed his head in shame, still clueless on what he should do now that Sehun knew he needed his fur.

"I want to thank you for saving me...for saving us." the Sabre started. Baekhyun looked at him, surprised. "When the snake offered you what you wanted, in exchange of our lives, you could have grabbed the opportunity and save yourself. But you didn't. You put your life on the line instead."

Baekhyun shook his head, "You don't have to thank me. I just did what was right."

"Which is not easy," Sehun said.

The young Aeri pursed his lips, "I-I guess all I can say right now is you're welcome then."

That made the two laugh, putting a smile on Baekhyun's lips.

"I am glad that you're recovering fast, Baekhyun. I have heard from Saentina that you needed my fur. I wouldn't ask for a reason because even if otherwise, I would give it to you as a gift."

Jongin and Baekhyun were both surprised when Sehun handed him a small pouch. Baekhyun carefully reached out and took it. As he had expected, inside it was the golden fur of the Sabre. His eyes blurred in happiness because he just couldn't believe that he'd be able to free Chanyeol.

Jongin smiled at the Aeri. Such a pure heart he has if he was so happy to be able to help a friend. With this, he took out the vial in his pocket, taking Baekhyun's one hand and put it there.

"And this is my tears." Jongin said. "Thank you for saving me, Baek."

Young Aeri couldn't hold it any longer as he started bawling his eyes out. He threw himself at Jongin, crying in happiness while he hugged the latter. Sehun smiled, ruffling the Aeri's hair. "Such a kid."

 

They went out of the hut, talking about everything they could. Baekhyun shared his school days in Garnlok Academy, the time when he almost blew up Yixing's hut and each of his adventures back in the old days.

Sehun talked about himself. They found out that he was the prince of Sabres who escaped. He was the reason why they were saved from Shaha. The prince told him that he was sad about what his people had to do to save themselves. It was selfish, but he couldn't blame them. Although the prince understood them, he wouldn't do t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter