Five - A Fraction of Truth

Infernal Saga (I & II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five – A Fraction of Truth

 

“I’m Hyun, the prince of Daevrics.”

Chen was stupefied upon seeing the boy’s face. He could feel the tremor of his heart as the image of the past flashed like a strike of lightning. Quick and deadly. Words of disbelief were on the tip of his tongue yet it seems like he couldn’t speak. He felt haunted and tricked by time.

Hyun tilted his head, a little bit confused of the expression on the Cepherean’s face. Nonetheless, he surrounded the both of them with fire, swirling from his feet and spiraling up until it swallowed them both. Dust and petals of flame soon enveloped the two of them. Chen seemed surprise, he observed. He wondered how does Cepherus looked like. Does it even have fire there? This man looked like he’d never seen one before.

 

When the fire thinned out into thin air, they were on the volcano’s mountain range. From up there, Chen could see the expanse of the Daevric Empire and once again, the majestic red moon on the night sky.

“I guess you don’t have moon in your place?” Hyun smirked, amused by Chen’s expression as he gazed at the moon. The man turned to him, a crestfallen look on his face, “We used to have one.”

“Oh?” Hyun’s brows raised, “And now?”

Chen searched the boy’s eyes for any familiarity. He tried to seek the warmth and serenity that was in Baek Ahn’s eyes from his but all he could feel from this boy’s gaze was nothing but indifference.

“We killed him,” he muttered, looking away. He couldn’t stare at the boy any longer without remembering the Moon Child. Their similarity was still a mystery, but at the same time, the difference was too solid not to notice. “And now we are paying for it.”

Hyun’s lips twitched in a smirk, “Well, too bad for you then.” He turned his back on him, “Come follow me Cepherean. I’ll show you your room.”

 

The room he was talking about was a cave far enough from the core of the volcano. Inside were a couple of necessary things such as pots, mat and a pair of table and chair. The place was lit with secured lamp that was on top of the wooden table, and with it, was a closed old journal.

“This is my secret room. No one knows about this place.” Hyun started, “But since you’ll die in a few days, give or take, I have no worries of showing this to you.”

Chen could barely hear the boy. The moment he started talking, his vision doubled and everything span. As he took another step forward, he lost his balance and stumbled back against the wall of the cave. He could feel the burn inside him, creeping in his veins as if he was being cooked alive. He barely registered the boy catching him before he completely lost his balance.

 

Hyun moved quickly and dragged the body down on the mat. He used the remaining supplies in the room to get what Cepherean needed. He ripped his robe, watched as splotches of white spread in his skin. Chen screamed and tossed around.

“Stay still!” Hyun ordered, pushing the Garnlok’s wrist against the mat with force. And there he witnessed as the man’s eyes slowly lightened.

Unsure of what to do, the prince placed his hand on the Cepherean’s forehead, trying if he could take the heat of his body since the man’s temperature was rising. The next thing that happened wasn’t what he expected though.

 

Through his eyes which could see the moon dusts, he saw that some of them transferred on the Cepherean’s skin. From his forehead, the moon dusts were absorbed by Chen’s skin and spread down his neck, his chest and abdomen. Hyun witnessed how the moon dusts cooled down the heat of the body, causing Chen’s skin to go back to its natural pigment. Well, some of it, if not all.

He immediately took back his hand, puzzled of what he had just done.

Chen has long lost his consciousness. It was just his luck that the Cepherean didn’t see anything at all.

 

 

 

“What do you mean he’s gone?!” Chanyeol roared in the throne room with the soldiers kneeling before him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter