A Phone Call

Lost Stars

Jungkook POV

We were approved that same winter, just a week after the first kiss. Still snowy, still cold. but now it was thawing, and water was constantly dripping onto the windowsill of my dorm.

"That's interesting," Taehyung said with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. His features turned serious and he said, "Be careful. Protect yourself, the group, and Jimin." He walked out, his words lingering in my head.

"Jungkook! Come to the living room!" Seokjin called.

"Be there in a second!" I called right back as I shut my laptop.

"We need to talk about your.... relationship with Jimin," Taehyung said.

I stared at him in disbelief. I had trusted him, only him, with my secret, and here he was, telling everyone else in the group. The rest of the members looked around confused, their eyes shifting from me to Taehyung to Jimin.

"W-What?" Jimin said with a nervous laugh. "Jungkook and I have a great relationship, Taehyung. Nothing that needs a group meeting."

"Not our Jimin. The other Jimin," Taehyung said, his eyes never leaving my face.

My throat turned dry as I scrambled for the right ways to break my news to the other members. But they still wore confused looks on their face, and the dorm was unnaturally silent.

Yoongi broke through, "Right becuase there's only one other Jimin that we know. Get to the point, both of you." He lifted his eyebrow and stared at me and Taehyung.

Words tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop them, "I'm dating Jimin. The one from 15&. We kissed. We've been meeting late at night, and now she's my girlfriend. I really like her. I'll be careful." I gently sqeezed my eyes shut, not ready for the looks of disappointment that I was sure I would recieve. 

After a short silence, Hoseok asked with a weak chuckle, "Well... Who knew that our baby would be the first one in a relationship?"

The other members, besides Taehyung, looked at me with a mix of confusion, dissapointed, pride, and varying degrees of annoyance.

"So. Why did you tell us this, Taehyung?" Namjoon asked, his voice steely.

"You guys should know. If this gets out, it'll impact all of Bangtan, not just Jungkook. All of you should know," Taehyung replied. 

I took a deep breath before asking, "So what should I do?"

Yoongi looked at me with chilly eyes. "I'll be honest. I don't like this. Like Taehyung said, it's all of our careers. We can't sacrafice our hard work for a relationship that might not last that long."

Seokjin said, "It's his life. Bangtan has to end one day, no matter how successful or popular we are. But a good relationship will last him for the rest of his life. Besides, Jungkook's never had a proper girlfriend; he deserves-" 

"What. He deserves love? Don't pretend like Jungkook's the only one who's sacraficed for Bangtan. He might have sacraficed relationships, but we all have. Don't pretend he deserves or is entitled to a girlfriend any more than the rest of us," Jimin blurted out.

Hoseok said, "You're right, but he's young Jimin. He's the youngest in this group. He was fifteen when we debuted! The kid deserves some love."

"I agree that Jungkook should experience love, but this isn't about that. The kid's actions can impact our group. All of us. Are we willing to take that chance?" Namjoon asked.

"I would. I would take the kid's happiness over my career. Who are we to get in the way of love?" Hoseok replied.

"This isn't just about just you Hoseok. This is about the group. This is about the fans. This is about the media, and our company and everyone who has played a part in our success," Yoongi said hotly, his voice getting louder. "We can't give up everything for the kid."

"No one's asking you to hyung. Other celebrity relationships have gone fine. I'm sure the kid will be careful," Taehyung said, his words rushing out as his eyes took on a malicious glare.

"Yeah I'm sure that Kai and Krystal and Baekhyun and Taeyeon and Tiffany and Nickhun and everyone was just not careful enough huh? Don't forget that we have more on the line than f(x), Girl's Generation, EXO and 2PM," Jimin basically growled, his mouth spitting out each word.

Namjoon shouted out, "We can be better than them. Jungkook can be better!"

"Whose side are you on anyway hyung? And no amount of caarefullness can stop Dispatch and you know that," Jimin replied, equally as loudly.

"Excuse me! I'm still listening and I would like to add my opinion!" I shouted. One by one, the other members turned to look at me. "I understand everyone's concerns and believe me, I had them too-"

"Well clearly you don't anymore," Jiming muttered under his breath as Taehyung jabbed him in the ribs.

". And I'll accept and carry out whatever decision that you guys come to. This will impact your career as much as mine. So please just try to be civil and come to a conclusion. I don't want the group to split because of me," I finished. I plopped back onto the couch. Just as the voices in the room began to escalate again, my phone rang.

"Jimin?" I said as I held it to my ear. At the sound of his name, Jimin snapped his head towards me, only to find that I was talking onto my phone. He quickly jabbed the other boys into silence, and they all turned towards me.

"Have you told the rest of Bangtan yet?" Jimin asked, and I could just hear her nervousness.

"Yeah- well actually Taehyung hyung did," I said, trying to stifle a small sigh.

I heard her take a deep breath before asking, "How did it go?"

"They're still debating about it right now actually. What about Yerin?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

"She's supportive. She asked me to be careful, but JYP's pretty chill on the dating rules once a group hits three years," she replied.

Suddenly, the other members began signaling to each other, and whispering frantically. I stared at them before Namjoon came out and said to me, "We want to talk to Jimin."

My eyes buldged out for a second as Namjoon gestured towards the phone, indicationg that he was not, in fact, joking.

"Hey-hey Jimin. Namjoon hyung wants to talk to you," I said in the calmest voice I could muster.

"Now? Like right now?" Jimin asked, and I could hear her gulp. "Sure. Just put me on speaker phone."

I pressed my finger on the button, and Jimin's voice rang through the room, "Hello. It's Park Jimin from 15&."

"My girlfriend." I said in a teasing voice, trying to get her to loosen up.

"Oh that's right, I forgot. I'm Jungkook's girlfriend as well," she said, and I could hear her smile.

"How could you forget? We started last night!" I replied, trying not to feel self concious about the fact that the other members could hear us as clear as day.

Jimin laughed this time, a sound that made be break out a smile as well.

"I think that's all we had to hear, Jimin. Thank you for calling," Namjoon said, a small smile lining his face.

"Anytime," Jimin said, her voice a bit more serious. "So. What's your conclusion?"

Namjoon looked at the others, and he recieved varying signs. He closed his eyes before responding, "I think you two are a great match. Please be nice to him. He's more fragile than he looks."

And with that sentence, my head cleared up as if a huge weight had been lifted from it. My shoulders fell back down, releasing tension I didn't know I had. On the other end of the phone call, I heard Jimin breath a sigh of relief.

"Thank you," Jimin said. In the background, I heard a male voice call Jimin's name.

"That's Yugyeom. He's all excited about his license, and I have to go along with him. It's possible I might actually die, so I'm glad we got this cleared up so I don't have to die single," Jimin said with her usual sarcastic wit.

"If he's being weird, just call me. And try not to die, girlfriend," I said.

"I'll do my best, sir," Jimin said in a faux-military tone. And with that, she hung up.

When I went to bed that night, I looked forward to the next day. And the day after that. And just my entire future, laying out infront of me, and the person I could dream of spending it with.

Author's Note

Hello! It's been a little while since I've updated, so sorry about that. I really wanted to get this one up, so excuse me if it's kind of crappy and unedited. Multiple readers requested Jungkook's POV, and so here it is! I think I'll probably just rotate or something for the rest of the story. I usually don't write from a guy's POV, so please tell me how it is. Please comment, subscribe, and upvote! Thank you!