Empty

Lost Stars

Jimin POV

I look down to see Jungkook's body crumpled on the floor next to the couch I had worked so hard to drag him to, a disgustingly sticky substance spplaterring the floor beneath him.  I place my hand on his arm and try to shake him awake, only to recieve no reaction. I consider leaving him there, posslibly to be discovered by a stranger in the morning. But the thought of his tearful face resurfaces in my mind, and I pick up his arm and drape it over my shoulder. Through a crowd of drunk, stumbling people, I drag myself and Jungkook through. My car keys are in my purse, and soon I am shoving Jungkook into the backseat of my car. He begins mumbling, and I choose to take it as a good sign seeing as he isn't dead. 

With a ridiculous smile on his face, he whispers, "Happy.... I like blue walls..... We could have had a dog..... Golden retriever...... Two daughters...... I love you too..."

I slam on the brakes as a figure runs across the street suddenly, and I hear a thud. I look back to Jungkook to see that his body has somehow fallen off the carseat and is now scrunched on the tiny space of the floor. I sigh, before turning around and completing the drive back home. But by the time we are home, Jungkook is awake. And I discover that, as hard as it is to deal with an unconcious drunk Jungkook, it is much much much much harder to deal with a concious drunk Jungkook.

"Is that you Park Jimin?" he asks me as I drag him out of the car.

"Yes," I reply.

He throws his head back and laughs before he says, "I know two Park Jimins! That's so funny! You guys have the same name! That's so awesome! Do you think there's another Jeon Jungkook out there?"

I try to smile at him before saying, "I'm sure there's another Jeon Jungkook out there."

Wrong answer. He suddenly sits down in the middle of the parking lot and tears start to fill his eyes. "What do you mean there's another Jeon Jungkook? I'm the only Jeon Jungkook? I'm special! There's only one of me! Unless I have a twin!" Jungkook's eyes widen with this new thought, and I lift him up again.

"Wait but if we were twins, why would our parents name us both Jungkook? That's silly! maybe our parents didn't know we were twins and they thought we were one and when there was two of us, they got stressed and couldn't think of a name and just used the same one again so they would always have less paperwork? That's actuall pretty smart!" he rambles, his tears forgotten. "Yeah! Wait, but why haven't I met the other Jeon Jungkook before?"

And just like that, teary Jungkook is back and his legs seem to give out below him. 

I sigh before saying, "You don't have a twin Jungkook. It's alright."

But this only seems distress him more and he begins crying and between his sobs, he says, "So is he dead? Is that why I never got to meet the other Jeon Jungkook?"

I am confused for a second before I understand his thought process. And by the time I do, Jungkook is sitting in the parking lot full out bawling. I want to shake my fist at the sky and say a very not-nice word before I pull my temper under control.

"Jungkook, he's not dead. Now if you come with me and go to bed, then we can go visit him after you sleep a little bit," I say in my most child-friendly voice. 

And just like that, Jungkook's tears stop and he looks at me hopefully and says, "Really? Alright then!" 

He stands up and stumbles before I grab his arm. He shakes me off and takes my hand in his. Jungkook's face lights up with an innocent sort of grin as he looks as me tentatively. We begin walking into my apartment building slowly.

Suddenly, Jungkook looks at me and begins crying.

"Jimin, I miss you." he whispers.

I try to ignore the clench of heart when he says the words that I have wanted to hear from him so long. Before I can reply, he is trying to hug me, but in his drunken state, he falls backwards, his hand still gripping mine. And so we end up on the sidewalk, lying next to each other. I stare at him for a moment, as he wraps me into a hug. 

"Why did you hurt me?" I whisper to him, a tear starting to make its way down my face.

"I don't know," he whispers back.

As soon as he speaks, I pull myself out of his arms and stand up. 

"We need to get home," I say to him, not quite meeting his eyes. 

And soon, that childish grin is back as he asks, "Will you give me a piggyback ride?"

I take a deep breath, stifling my tears, and I nod. Jungkook jumps on my back with the giddiness of a three year old, I stumble for a second, trying to adjust to his weight. Slowly, I begin to walk forward, Jungkook weight becoming a burden by the time I step into the elevator. As I step into my apartment, I notice that Jungkook's head was leaning on my shoulder, and the strength is gone from his arms. 

I struggle towards the couch, and I set him down as gently as I possibly can in my tired state (Jungkook makes a very loud sound as I basically drop him on the couch). After checking that he is reasonably confortable, I begin to move away quietly, but Jungkook's arm encloses my waist with a suprisingly strong grip. 

"Please don't go," he whispers to me, his eyes still closed.

And I truly do consider staying with him for the night, both of us miserable, broken human beings. But a brief thought on all the tears I shed seventeen years is enough to pull myself away from his grip, ignoring whether I wake him up or not. And even when he whines my absence, I continue my way into the bathroom and lock the door. 

And as I stare at myself in the mirror, I want to cry, but all I can feel is a searing disappointment and loss. And so the tears stay locked behind my eyelids, and I bottle them up for another day.

Author's Note

Hello lovely people! I know that at this point, it might kind of seem like Jimin and Jungkook might be overreacting, but there will be more detailed explanations on that later. And please continue to comment, yes or no? At the end of the story, i will reveal what I am polling all of you for. Also, if any of my readers are going through a tough time, remember that it will get better. All of you, please take a deep breath and take care of yourselves. Always free to send me a message to rant or just to make a new friend. :) Please comment, subscribe, and upvote! Thank you!