2033

Lost Stars

Jungkook's POV

It is on the radio show as I drive to the concert. "Popular boy group Bangtan Boys will be formally disbanding today, citing a desire to be able to live 'normal lives'. With multiple members married, and with one expecting a child very soon, the general public has accepted this and Bangtan's fans were able to see them one last time in a free concert series called "Futures". The concert series will be ending tonight in Seoul, and it is expected to be a star studded affair, with many guests wanting to send their best wishes to one of the most beloved groups of all time."

I turn my ignition off and step out of the car before a sudden wave of nostalgia and sadness hits me as I start to feel that everything I do will be for the last time. The last time I step out a car for a concert, the last time I see the arena completely empty, the last time I get my hair and makeup done, the last time I perform as Jeon Jungkook, the youngest member of Bangtan Boys. And so, before I have even stepped on the stage, I find myself crying, the other member mirroring my somber and teary face. 

"This isn't an end Jungkook," Hoseok hiccups. "We can still record stuff and hang out together."

"Now you're making the rest of us cry," Jimin whines, his hand reaching up to wipe his tears away.

"We'll always have the memories," Seokjin says.

I hear Yoongi breathe out a shuddery sigh before he says gruffly, "Jesus, it's not like we're dying or something. We'll still be able to see each other."

I bury my head into Taehyung's shoulder, and I feel him raise a hand to my hair gently. "It'll be alright," he whispers to me.

And I feel them all move into a hug, and soon we are a bundle of limbs, the purest image of Bangtan, seven boys that have been through hell and back together. The last time we do a group hug. I can feel all of us holding back our tears, our breath constricted and heavy. But all too soon, we move up into the arena, and the crowd goes wild, a mixture of screams and tears. The last time I see the crowd at the start of a concert.

We snap into the idols that we have become, and we sail through our setlist. The last time we perform "Run". The last time Jimin lifts up his shirt in "No More Dream". The last time we all internally (and externally) sweat as we do "Dope". The last time I lift Yoongi for "Hormone War". The last time Taehyung freestyle dances for "Boyz With Fun". Luckily for us, the choreography and singing takes up just enough of our brainpower to distract us from the crushing number of last times that are happening today. Too soon, we are finished, all of our costume changes over, our solo stages finished, all of our songs performed. I rub my hand against my eye, and I find that it is already wet with tears. We take our final positions on the platform, and we say our speeches, all of us ending in an onslaught of tears that will not pause.

I feel another wave of tears flow into my eyes as BTS sinks into the stage floor one last time. I look around to see the other members sobbing, all of us trying to contain our waterfall of tears until we are fully in the dark of the area below the stage. And there, we begin allowing the tears to flow down our faces freely, our sweat and tears mingling together, our heads buried in our hands as we think about everything we have done and everything we are. We hug for one last time. The last group hug at the end of a concert. And soon, I am driving home, the turned up radio doing nothing to ease the eerie silence that has filled me.

 

I spend the next couple of days dancing and drinking. It's not that I am devestated by Bangtan's breakup, we all knew it was coming. I am upset,yes, but not upset enough to become an alcholic. I tell myself it's just because I have nothing else to do, and I have too much time on my hands. And this is true. But the real reason is I can't remember who I was before Bangtan, but the drunk me seems to remember, so I return to him again and again.

It is in this drunk state that I encounter Park Jimin. At first she is a just a question, a "What if?" that resounds in my head. But soon I am constructing another reality where we are still together, where we are still holding onto the young, innocent love that we had, that I threw away for a career that would end. It is in the midst of this alternate world where I bump into a solid and alive Park Jimin,Well, it is more like I fall into her.

"Jimin? That's so funny, I was just thinking about you," I slur, and I reach out to feel what I think is her hair but ends up being her knee.

I think she's shocked (although my impaired vision isn't very reliable). "Jungkook? What are you doing here?" She asks me as she hauls me up from the floor and drags me towards the plush couches in the corner of the club.

"Well, I'm thirty-five years old, so I'm legally allowed here," I say as I feel myself collaps into giggles.

"Yes, but I thought you would be at home, with your members, reminising about the good old days," she says.

I heave a dramatic sigh before replying, "The other members are taken remember? They're all with their girlfriends, their wives, their not-yet-born children. Besides, it's been like a month since we disbanded."

Her long sigh tickles my ear before she says, "Jungkook it's only been two weeks since Bangtan disbanded. Have you just been in here this entire time, drinking and losing track of the time?"

I giggle a bit before saying, "Absolutely not. I eat every now and then too." 

I hear her say to me, "When did you become such a mess?"

I reply, "I think my life has just gotten worse since the day I left you."

And soon I am throwing up all over her dress, and I can hear someone crying. Just before I pass out, I realize that it's me.

Author's Note

Hey everybody! I know this is a really fast update, but I just started writing this and I could not tear myself away. It's not super long, but I really wanted to get to Jimin's POV so I could write with her. So this is almost a doulbe update for this story! Anways, here is a question for all of you readers. You guys don't understand the context, but yes or no? Make your choice.... *cue ominous music*. Please subscribe, comment, and upvote, and thank you to every one who already has. Thank you!