Afterwards

Lost Stars

Jimin's POV

It took me six months to heal.

 

Our relationship was short, six months, but I found myself so devestated. I had given my heart away to Jungkook, and it seemed that he had never truly felt the same way. I cried myself to sleep too many times to count, and all the while, Jungkook smiled on TV like nothing had ever happened. It sounds cheesy, but it felt a piece of me that I had gotten so used to was ripped out.

Yerin was the only thing that pushed me through everything. She was the one who dragged me out of bed and yelled at me to go get done with my life. At the time, I had wanted to shove her head into a wall, but it probably kept from drowning in a pool of self-pity and pain. 

However, the thing that closed the wound for me was none other than the person who created it. It came in the form of a song that he had written, maybe while thinking of me, probably not. 

His voice crooned countless words meant for the thousands of girls that supported him, the girls he had chosen over me. And yet, only one lyric stuck out to me.

"If we are meant to be, we will meet in another lifetime, another world."

With that lyric, I felt all of my unrest, my pain fade into a vague sense of contentment. So I began rebuilding my life after the wrecking ball named Jungkook knocked it over. I was able to dismiss all the pain, all the feelings, that I once held for Jungkook.

"How can you be so normal about it?" Yugyeom asked me once. "I saw you on After School Club with him last week, and it was like nothing had ever happened to you."

I sighed before responding, "There's no use in bursting out into tears whenever I see him. He broke up with me, and he seems perfectly fine. I can't leave behind my life because some boy didn't like me."

Yugyeom sat up before he said, "But that's the thing. I stared at him for at least half the episode, but he was totally affected by you. He wouldn't meet your gaze, and everytime one of the other members laughed wiht you, he looked upset."

"So? Maybe he was having a bad day. There's a thousand reasons why he wouldn't be the same as usual. Maybe he hates me and wishes he had never met me. Maybe he's sick. Maybe the other members ate the leftever pizza," I said.

"But the way he looked at you was so... so innocent. So loving. So caring. It was like he still loves you." Yugyeom said.

"He doesn't love me. He didn't love me six months ago when we broke up, so there's no reason for him to love or even vaguely care about me now," I snapped.

"I know. I'm sorry for bringing it up," he said.

I sighed before I replied, "No I'm sorry for snapping at you. I thought I didn't care about him, but seeing him again.... I don't know."

Yugyeom looked at me before he said, "Are you going to try to get back together with him?"

"If we are meant to be, we will meet in another lifetime, another world," I quoted.

And at last, that shut Yugyeom up.

A week after my conversation with Yugyeom, an odd phone number called me. Usually, as a celbrity, the protocol is to never pick up if it isn't a contacton your phone. And yet the phone number struck something in me, and I picked up.

"Hello? Who is this?" I said tentatively.

I heard a sigh come out as the phone was jostled around. I waited for a moment before removing the phone from my ear, ready to hang up.

All of a sudden, I heard a quiet voice come out. "Jimin?"

"Speaking," I said.

I heard another rustle before the person on the other line said, "Are you happy?"

I was taken aback before muttering a quick, "Who is this?"

"It doesn't matter. Are you happy and content and safe and healthy?" I heard the voice say.

Oddly, I chose not to hang up, and replied, "Yes. Yes I am."

The person sighed what seemed like a sigh of relief before they said, "Good."

And soon, I was talking to an empty phone line. I never told anyone about my phoneall. I never heard from the person again, and it remained in the back of my mind, a forgotten, but still existing, drawer.

Author's Note

Hello! I'm sorry for not updating for a while... I'm on summer break now, so hopefully I'll update more frequently. This is kind of sort of a filler chapter, just to kind of show how the breakup impacted Jimin, so it's quite short. I've already started the next chapter, so I hope I'll get that up soon. On a side note, if anyone has any prompts/pairing that you would like me to write about, please comment on this story or on my account! (Don't worry, I'll still continue to work on this) also, thank you so much for getting me to 50 subscribers! I love and appreciate everyone who has supported this story! Thank you!