Daisies

Lost Stars

Jungkook POV

"The Minion Movie 8?" I ask Jimin. "You are aware that that's considered a children's movie right? And you are in no way, shape or form a child."

Jimin gives me a shocked look before replying, "Excuse you, it's just a marketing play so kids can drag their parents. The quality is very much adult ok?"

"Fine," I say. "I'll meet you at four. Do you want to have dinner too? It's on me."

"I can't. Yerin's making me go with her to poetry reading or something. I don't know, she's been really into it lately," Jimin says with a quiet sigh.

"Alright then. Just a movie it is. See you," I tell her, and I hang up. And then, I lie in my bed, thinking about how much I don't want to screw this up.

I get her a flower. A daisy.

"Why an daisy?" Jimin asks me when I give it to her. "Most guys give out roses."

"It has meaning. Maybe I'll tell you sometime," I reply, trying to sound aloof.

"Alright," Jimin says, and she drops the subject.

We sit down in the theater surrounded by seven year olds and their parents. Jimin and I have good seats, ones that are close, but not enough to make you crane your neck. I have popcorn, extra buttery, and I balance it on my legs, while making sure Jimin can reach it. And I begin to watch a two hour along movie about a bunch of yellow monsters. 

 

"Happy birthday," I tell Jimin. "This is the first present." And with a flourish, I pull out an daisy from behind my back, delicate white petals and bright yellow center. I envolope her in a hug, her head reaching to my shoulders. Jimin laughs, her voice full and happy.

"You never did tell me what a daisy meant," Jimin says, taking the flower from my hands and observing it. 

"I'll tell you later," I reply, and soon she is whisked away by Yerin to the table, where chocolate cake and ice cream awaits.

 

"I'm nervous. I always get nervous for the first performance because it feels like our debut day, trying to show the world something we've worked so hard on. And I always feel like that innocent rookie who didn't have any name power and was as nervous as hell," Jimin rambles. "I don't know, I just think it's good that I don't forget that first day. But anyways, I really want to do well. For me, for Yerin, for the company. I just feel like I have to, you know? Like if I don't, than I'm back to  square one with trying to prove that I'm good enough, but I know that I'm not. There's just so many people counting on-"

I shut her up with a quick kiss. "You'll do fine. You always do. You and Yerin always do."

"Five minutes," Jimin's manager calls, and she stands up.

"Wait!" I say. "I have a present for you." 

And I pull an daisy out of my backpack. I look at it, small and dainty, and I hand it to her.

"I love it," she says, and she rushes up to the stage, but not before giving me a peck on the cheek.

 

"They hate me. You're not even technically an idol anymore, and your fangirls still send me hate," she says, silent tears slowly dripping down her face. "I'm not the reason you guys broke up, and your other members are in relationships too! Hell, Taehyung's married with a kid, and I get hate for dating a thirty--one year old man."

"I'm sorry," I tell her, and I mean it. "I appreciate them, and they love me very much, but I don't think all of them respect me."

"No. Some of them don't,"

"If it's any consolation, you're the one that I'm besides right now, so that has to say something right?"

"I guess."

Jimin keeps crying slowly, and my heart breaks for her. And so when I leave her apartment, I come back, ring her bell, and leave an daisy at her door.

 

"Are you panicking?" I ask Jimin. "You look like you're panicking."

"I'm not panicking," Jimin says right before she takes a very deep breath. "I just really want your family to like me."

'They'll love you. They've already stalked your social media and interviews and performances so there's really not much left."

"They've looked at my social media!?!?! Damn. They probably already hate me then and think I'm super obnoxious."

"Jimin. You are a thirty one year old woman, and I am a thirty one year old man. We are very much in love. Even if my parents hate you, it's not like they hold much power over us anyway."

"Still."

"Here." I say, and I pull out a daisy from the ground near the entrance of the apartment building. I try to tuck it behind Jimin's ear, but she screams, running away from me. 

"Do you even know how much effort I put into my hair? Don't you dare put that near my head," Jimin shouts, but she can't contain the smile that bursts through.

I run towards her and grab her by the waist. After some wrestling and a couple swear words, the daisy is tucked in Jimin's hair, and her laugh is bright enough to give my life all the light it needs.

 

"I came here so much when I was a trainee," Jimin says. "Not that I was a trainee very long compared to everyone else, but still."

"I did too," I reply. "I'm pretty sure every single trainee does. We used to sit here with a box of pizza and some smuggled beer and we would just sit here and talk for hours."

"Bambam taught me how to skateboard here. It was awful, he didn't even know much Korean back then, so both of us had to resort to hand gestures and weird grunting to communicate," Jimin says slightly wistfully.

"We thought we had so many problems back then, but looking at us know, everything from back then seems tiny," I say.

"Yeah," Jimin says, and we both stare out at the river, watching the sun sink below the skyline.

We wander around for hours, stopping at bookstores, cafes, clothes stores, and convinience stores. And right around midnight, we find a tiny little flowershop that is still open. 

"Are you going to buy me a daisy," Jimin asks me, in a teasing voice.

"Yes. Yes I am," I say, and I drag her into the store.

And I do buy her a daisy, and she tucks it into her purse, the physical reminder of a moment.

 

"I love you," I tell Jimin. "Did you know that?"

"No Sherlock, that's why we're celebrating our one year anniversary," Jimin says with a laugh.

"Do you know what I miss?" 

"What?"

"I miss that feeling when we were young, when we knew we had our whole futures ahead of us. Back when we could feel like everything was here, just for us. And we could fall in love and date, and we could repeat that cycle a dozen times and never once think about marriage or kids, because that was just so far away."

"Yeah. I know what you mean. I feel like you could enjoy a relationship for what the relationship was without thinking about kids or your real compatibility with a person. You just had the time of your life. And I mean, we're not that old, but I feel like I can't do that anymore."

And then the two of us sit there in silence, thoughts rolling around in our heads.

"I think I can marry you," Jimin blurts out, and I am surprised.

"Like now?" I say.

"Not like at this very moment. But somewhere down the road."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Get up, I have to give you a daisy now."

"But it's so comfortable on the couch."

"... fine."

Jimin walks away with one more daisy, and a promise for the future.

 

I propose to Jimin on the JYP roof. It was the first place that Jimin said yes to me, and it is also the second.

"Will you marry me?" I ask her, and I get down on one knee and hand her a daisy. (she didn't want an engagement ring becuase "they're too expensive and fairly useless")

"Of course," she tells me, and bright smile and a single tear on her face. And as soon as she says the words, all of JYP bursts through the doors to congradulate her, and she is stuck in a circle of Yerin, Day6, Got7, Twice, Wonder Girls, 2PM, 2AM, Miss A, and JYP himself. She is laughing and dancing and swirling around, but the daisy never leaves her hand.

 

We get married three months later, and it is December. There is a light layer of snow on the ground, and Jimin and I hold out wedding on a patch of ground overlooking the Han River. It is a private affair, less than one hundred people invited, most of them only family and very close friends. 

"I, Jeon Jungkook, promise to love you, Park Jimin, up til the day that I die. I promise to care for you, stay with you, and be your other half. I promise," I say, and Jimin smiles at me.

"You were never one for words," she whispers to me.

"I love you, Jeon Jungkook. I think we should just get that out of the way. I loved you when you were by my side, and even when you were not. Every single love song I have ever sang, I sing it for you. You were my first love, and my only love. And so I have loved you, and I will continue loving you right up to my last breath," Jimin says, and then we are both shedding a quick tear as our lips touch. 

The room is full of daisies, all of them a delicate white.

"Do you know why I always gave you a daisy?" i ask Jimin later, on the way to our reception.

"Well you never told me, so I don't know," Jimin replies.

"Daisies represent lots of things. They represent purity, innocence, and loyal love."

"Those are all good things."

"That's true but the reason I chose them specifically is because daisies represent new beginnings. And that was I wanted. A fresh start, a clean slate where we could both love each other to the fullest extent. And I mean, we're married, so I'd say that worked out pretty well."

"I love you, Jeon Jungkook."

"I love you, Park Jimin."

And we are happy.

Author's Note

Hello! That's a wrap for this story. The final ending was determined by you, my lovely readers. If you recall, I have been asking you to choose yes or no and comment for quite a while now. All of the comments I recieved said yes, and the question that was being answered was *drum roll* "Should Jimin and Jungkook be together at the end of the story?" And that ladies and gentleman, determined the ending of this story. Thank you to everyone who has subscribed, commented, and upvoted, or just supporting this story. I know that this story isn't the best, so thank you so so so much for sticking with it. For my next chaptered fic, I'm thinking about a one shot series with one chapter for every single member in a group. I might to one or two of these. Comment any groups that you would really like to see. Also, I'll probably come back to this story and write some extra little drabbles/one-shots. Another huge thank you to everyone who has supported this story. I love and appreciate every single one of you!