I Get Drunk (again)

Lost Stars

Jungkook's POV

It's nine in the morning when I get a call from Yerin.

"What the hell do you want from Jimin?" 

I flinch, Yerin's voice too loud and too bold, courtesy of my hangover.

"What?" I ask when my head stops pounding for a second. 

Yerin sighs before responding, "You initiated conversation with her. You slept at her apartment two nights ago. You left your phone number on her contacts list. What the hell do you want?"

I hesitate before saying, "Friendship, I guess."

I can just hear Yerin trying to control her temper before she says, "Be honest with me Jungkook. She told me the things that you said to her. And that's not the kind of stuff you say to potential friends." 

"I was drunk ok? I wasn't 100% in control of myself or my thoughts," I say. "And besides frienship is all I want for now." As soon as the words come out of my mouth, I cringe deeply.

"Ah. I see. For now, you'll take her friendship but what do you want later Jungkook?" Yerin asks, vemon dripping from her voice. I open my mouth to reply, but Yerin beats me to it. "A relationship, maybe? You'll try to initiate one, I'm sure. And then you'll initiate the ending as well, and you and Jimin will be back to where you were before."

I try to defend myself, "That's not what I meant Yerin. I'm fine with just being friends with Jimin. I don't want a relationship with her."

But it's too late, and Yerin replies, "Stay the away from Jimin. You hurt her then and I'm sure that you can now."

And the quiet beep tells me that she has hung up. 

I meet Jimin the next day. It is the first time since the night I slept at her house, and even I can sense the just slightly awkward atmosphere. We are in a tiny cafe, and I notice she is beautiful in the quirky, perfect way. But my mouth won't open, and everything that is in my head seems too awkward, too rude, too insensitive.

"How are you?" Jimin asks me, taking the initiative in our conversation.

I smile before replying, "Fine. You?"

"I'm good," Jimin says, leaning back in her chair. "You've been sober since I saw you last?"

"Yeah," I say. "How could you tell?"

Jimin laughs a little before saying, "You're not screaming at me about how loud my voice is, throwing up all over the floor, or holding a bottle of vodka, so I take it you've been sober."

"Was drunk me really that bad?" I ask.

"You cried twice in my parking lot at the thought of another Jeon Jungkook out there," Jimin says, a dead serious look on her face. "The doorman thought I was harrasing you."

I can't help but laugh. "I'm sorry, everyone tells me that I'm a lot of work when I'm drunk."

"You are," Jimin says with a smile. But soon her smile slides off her face and she says, "I heard that Yerin called you."

I debate whether to tell her the truth or not, but the words slip out. "Yeah."

Jimin leans forward just slightly before asking, "What did she say to you? I've asked her, but she won't spill a thing."

"Nothing important," I say, trying to act indifferent.

"Really? Then how come right after the phone call, Yerin told me to never speak to you again in this lifetime?" Jimin says with a raised eyebrow.

I sigh a bit then say, "She thinks I want to date you. And then, presumably, hurt you."

Jimin stares at me in the eye, a piercing look that didn't exist for her seventeen years ago. "Is that the truth?"

I'm taken back by her bluntness but nevertheless I reply, "I don't know."

Jimin grabs her bag and stands up from her chair. I panic, thinking that I ruined the fragile thing that I had just built up.

"Let's go," Jimin calls over her shoulder. "All this talk is making me want to do something fun."

I scramble out of my seat, stopping at the register to cancel our order and dash after Jimin.

"Bet you can't drink as many shots as me," I say.

Jimin stops walking and looks at me. Slowly, her lips curl into a smile, and she asks, "Is that a challenge?"

"Why yes it is," I say.

Jimin says, "You're on," and the glint in her eyes is the same as when I first met her.

Nine shots of vodka and an hour later, I am reaching out my hand trying to find my shot glass again. Next to me, Jimin has burst into a fit of giggles for some reason, and I register her voice shouting the name "Christian Bale" over and over. Suddenly, I reach over to hold her hand, and Jimin looks at me with wide eyes.

"Hey look! It's Jungkook, my ex! Fancy meeting you here!" Jimin shouts, her words blending together.

I begin laughing hysterically as I look at her and say, "Look! It's my ex, Jimin! I missed you babe!"

And I am reaching over, my arm wrapped around her shoulder in no time. We both start laughing, and Jimin falls off her bar stool, landing on the floor below. 

"I'm on the floor," Jimin says abruptly, all traces of laughter gone. "How did I get on the floor?"

"I think you fell," I say, creasing my eyebrows and trying to match her serious attitude.

Jimin looks at me, confused, before she shouts, "Look! Hey look everybody it's my ex Jungkook!" And she is laughing again, her eyes bright and young.

It is another half hour later when we somehow end up on a park bench facing the Han River. Jimin's head is resting on my shoulder, and her eyes are closed.

"Are you asleep?" I ask her as quietly as my drunk self can. 

"Yes," Jimin replies, and she nuzzles her head into my shirt.

I sigh before saying, "We should get back together. It's odd, I feel like I still love you."

"No," Jimin says quietly. "I'm tired Jungkook. Besides, you don't love me."

"Maybe I do," I say, although I'm not entirely convinced.

"No you don't," Jimin says, and she gets up from the bench only to topple over into the grass. 

She tries to stand up, only to find her knee is covered in blood. "See? This is the kind of that happens when you try to date me again."

I start laughing hysterically, and Jimin starts laughing too. We get odd looks from people, two celebrities laughing their asses off, one bleeding and both of them drunk. But we keep laughing, and everything is ok. 

Author's Note

Oh gosh, I am so sorry for this mess of a chapter. I had the original all written out, but my laptop went and deleted it all. I really wanted to get something up this weekend, so I'm so sorry if this chapter feels rushed and/or just horrible. I might make adjustments to it later, but I will tell you guys if anything major changes. Anyways, keep answering yes or no in the questions. At the end of the story, I'll reveal the questions that was being answered, and your answers will impact the ending of the story! Thank you to everyone who waited for this chapter! Please subscribe, comment, and upvote. Thanks!