Teardrops and Pancakes

Lost Stars

Jungkook's POV

I destroyed both of us right between summer and fall, between the warmth of the sun and the chill of the wind. 

"Please. Please don't leave me like this."

"I'm sorry," I paused, desperately trying to swallow the tears that had welled up in my eyes again. "I have to. My career could be over if we get caught. And the entire group's career will be over too. I can't waste everyone's hard work. I can't let down the fans and ruin us. This-this thing that we have- we can't keep it."

"Bangtan knows, Jungkook. They allowed us to date," Jimin whispered feebly, and her head was buried in her hands.

"It doesn't matter if they approve or not, the outcome from the fans and the public will be the same, and it'll ruin us. They've worked so hard, and I can't be this selfish. Please I'm just worried for the group, for me, for you. Please Jimin. I-I can't ruin everything," I said, begging her to understand me.

She paused for a moment, registering the words.

"You think I didn't worry? I'm part of a group too. Yerin's hard work, everything she dreams of will be ruined if we get caught. My fans, my company will be so disappointed in me. But I chose this life when we started dating. I chose love, I chose happiness, I chose this relationship, I chose you!" Jimin bursted. "Don't you dare give me some bull about a career or something, because we both know that we can make this work if both of us want to! We've made it work for the last six months, why are you giving up now?"

She started crying again, her sobs filling the suffocating silence around us. Tears dipped off of both of our faces and onto the floor, leaving behind a mess that I would have to clean up.

"I'm sorry. I-I have to." I reached out for her weakly, only to have her stand up and walk towards the door. "Please don't be like this, Jimin. I still want you in my life."

"You made your choice." And then she ran out, a trail of tears following her.

 

The others thought I couldn't hear their late night meetings. They always whispered, and they held them long after I had gone to bed. But I heard. And I knew that they meant well, that they just wanted me to heal. And I was being ridiculous, to be honest. I had broken up with her, and yet I was the one who had to cry myself to sleep two weeks afterwards.I was the one who moped around everywhere, mustering all of my energy for the moments in front of a camera. I was the one who fell asleep listening  to her album just so that I could hear a glimpse of her voice. I was the one who regretted it.

"What should we do?"

"He's clearly heartbroken."

"Do you think we could get them back together?"

"Why did he break up with her anyways? They were so happy."

"The managers have started to catch on to him."

"I don't understand it."

"I knew it was a bad idea to let him date."

I woke up the next day to the smell of pancakes. They were usually my favorite, a rare gift reserved for holidays, but here they were. I stumbled out of my room to find Seokjin and Jimin crowded around the stove. I sat down at the table, questioning why I had decided to get out of bed. The others trickled in one by one, and took their spots near me. 

"Jungkook are you even listening?" Namjoon said, snapping me out of my stupor. "We have to record a couple songs today, so try to make sure you're in a good condition."

"How can I be in good condition?" I said with a dry chuckle. "I'm upset as hell, and I just lost the one person who could help me."

"Jungkook we're here for you," Hoseok reminded me, his tone gentle. "Talk to us."

I laughed dryly again. "How can you guys understand? There's only two people in the world who understood my relationship with Jimin, and besides, none of you guys have dated in years."

I felt Seokjin's temper rise before he said to me, "Love is the same across all relationships. And missing someone is something we've all done, whether it's with our family or friends, Jungkook."

I sat there silent, staring at my plate and swirling around some  maple syrup.

"Oh for 's sake Jungkook," Yoongi said suddenly. "Get your head out of your . You broke up with her, you left her, you're the one who inflicted all this pain upon yourself. We've lived longer than you, we know things that you do not. We're not asking for your ing life history or your diary or your social security number. Just tell us what the happened so we can try to help you!"

I felt a rush of anger flood through me. "Do you want to know what happened? Fine I'll tell you. I ing wimped out. I thought about you guys about what you've sacraficed for me. And I wimped out. I couldn't imagine a future with Jimin that would be worth all the ruin that would eventually catch up with us. And so I wimped out. I gave up. And god, I regret it, but there's nothing that I can ing do about it. And I love her so much and I miss her but she probably hates me and wishes she had never met me. So I'm stuck, and I can't get out." 

I looked back down onto my plate to see that my cheeks were wet with tears. I felt Taehyung pat my back gently as Seokjin spoke again, all traces of anger gone.

"Maybe it was for the best. If you two were meant to be, than it'll all work out in the end," he said.

Author's Note

Hello! Here's another quick update. I feel like the dialogue in this chapter is sort of awkward, so I'll probably fix it and touch it up every now and then. What do you guys think will happen next? Please comment, subscribe, and upvote. Thanks! (Also, a shoutout to my almost fifty subscribers! I love you all and thank you for supporting this story!)