Snow and Kisses

Lost Stars

Jimin POV

He asked me in the winter, a month after we met. The snow coating the world around us in blankets of white and the cold air stung my face.

"Can you say yes?" Jungkook asked me, and I bit my lip, not ready answer. 

The silence of the city stretched between us.

"I don't know if I'm ready," I said, trying to be honest with him and myself. I looked at him, and the bright light of the moon sharpened his features and surrounded him with a gentle glow.

He let out a gentle sigh, his breath curling around his lips.

"I'm not asking you to marry me or anything. I just want you to be my girlfriend. I don't need you to go public or anything, I just want us to be official, at least while we're alone," he said quietly.

I knew that. I knew what he was asking. I knew that it wasn't a huge deal. But just imagining a fraction of the hate I could get if we were caught terrified me. We had been meeting for a month in secret, late at night and fully disguised. But something about being labeled as boyfriend and girlfriend heightened my fears.

I thought for a moment before murmuring, "Let me think about it."

Jungkook sighed quietly before replying, "Take your time."

And so we stood there, on top of the JYP building as the wind swirled flecks of snow around us. I let my mind drift to our entire relationship and everything we had. And looking back at the last month of our relationship pushed me towards the answer I wanted to tell him.

"I want you to say yes," he said, breaking our hour long silence. "I want you to be my girlfriend. For so many reasons. Please."

I looked at Jungkook as he turned to face me. I knew that he had trouble expressing himself, and the uncertainty on his face made a tiny crack in my heart.

"Yes," I said, and maybe it was for the right reasons and maybe it wasn't. "I'll be your girlfriend."

And the smile on his face made me feel like any hate I got for this would be worth it.

"You're my girlfriend. Park Jimin of 15& is my girlfriend," Jungkook said.

"Yes, she is," I replied I 

He took a step towards me and placed his hands in mine. My heart began pounding against my ribcage, and I felt blood rush to my cheeks. I looked up at him and saw the way a shard of moonight was reflected in the black of his eyes. He closed his eyes and began to lean in. I puled my hands out of his and wrapped them around his neck and met his lips at the halfway between out bodies. 

Our lips barely brushed together when my phone began ringing loudly. I pulled away from him slightly as Jungkook screamed in mock frustration. I checked the name that flashed across my phone screen. Yerin. 

I considered ignoring it before pressing "Accept" and putting the phone to my ear. 

"What's up Yerin?" I answered, trying to make my voice as casual as possible.

"What do you mean what's up, Park Jimin? I come home to the dorm-" shouted Yerin, and I moved my ear away from my ear to keep myself from going deaf. I paused before moving it closer again.

"-second time this week! I had to lie to our manager to cover up for your sorry ! You better be in the hospital or some ! I'm older than you! How dare you cause me this much-" Yerin continued.

"Yerin. Yerin. Yerin," I repeated until she calmed down. "I'll tell you everything when I get back to the dorm. I promise. I'm sorry."

And I hung up just as she began shouting again, this time about how I better have a "really good ing excuse" for being gone. 

"Well, Yerin's a little bit pissed, so I think I've got to get back now," I said with a quick laugh.

"I'll see you sometime later then, girlfriend," Jungkook said, placing a ridiculous amount of emphasis on the last word.

"Alright boyfriend," I said, mirroring his emphasis on our new titles.

I mustered up all of my courage and leaned up to give him a quick peck on the lips. Jungkook's eyes widened in shock as I walked away. I opened the door that led back into the JYP building as I called out, "We were inturrupted earlier."

I heard his laugh echo through the night as the dorr shut behind me. 

Half an hour later, I stood in front of my dorm, trying to come up with the best way to tell Yerin about why I had been missing from my bed for the last month. 

I'm in a relationship with Jungkook.

I've been seeing Jungkook.

I just kissed a membeer from the hottest boy group of today.

I ran my fingers through my hair as all of my thinking came to the same conclusion. There was no good way to tell her. I knew that she would try to support me, but Yerin had a protective side that could destroy my relationship with Jungkook if I wasn't careful.

I didn't get any more time to think as the door swung open suddenly, revealing a very cross Yerin.

"So. Park Jimin finally decides to come back to the dorm," she said with a mother-like tone.

"Yerin. I kissed Jungkook," I blurted out, my brain scrambled because of her sudden entrance.

opened, and she stared at me for a second before grabbing my arm and dragging me into the dorm.

"What the are you talking about Park Jimin?" she asked.

"I kissed Jungkook. From Bantan Boys. We've been seeing each other for the last month," I said nervously.

Her jaw dropped lower, her eyes full of disbelief. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Does anyone else know?" she said.

"Just Jungkook. He might have told s as well, I guess," I replied.

"So it's a secret," she said.

"Yes. Please don't tell anyone else, Yerin. I actually like him," I said, a burst of uncertaintly flooding through my veins.

"Are you insane? Have you seen his fans? Do you remember how long it took me to nurse you back to reasonable health after that After School Club episode?" she asked, ignoring my request.

"I know. But I really do like him," I said as I stared my feet. I wondered if I had really made the right choice.

Yerin's face softened as she looked at the insecurity surrounding me. 

"I'm happy for you. I hope you're happy. But I don't want you to get hurt, by him or by the fans," she said softly.

"I know. Yerin do you think I made the right choice? Do you think I could take it back?" I said.

"Park Jimin. You can make this work if you try. It's risky, but if you're happy, I'll do anything I can to help you," she said. "Other idols have done it. If both of you try hard enough, it can happen."

I was never as grateful towards Yerin as I was on that day.

Author's Note

Hello! Thank you to everyone who has already subscribed to this story. It took me a little longer than I thought to update, so sorry about that.  I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Do you guys want me to switch POVs every chapter or so? Right now, I'm planning to do it all with Jimin's POV, but if you guys want to see Jungkook POV as well, I'd be willing to add that. Please subscribe, comment, and upvote. Thanks!