Is He Insane or Is He Mark Tuan?

Wonder

It had been almost a week since the incident in Yugyeom's room. It had been almost a week since Mark had seen Kim Yugyeom and Yugyeom, Mark Tuan. It felt longer than almost merely a week. To who? Both parties involved. 

Sure, Mark was not giving up on liking Yugyeom, he just didn't chase after him because he was terrified that he'd scare him away. Meanwhile, Yugyeom's sense of wonderment for Mark had not disappeared any, in fact, it was growing to the point of thinking of Mark in his many spare moments. With them increasing, his fear of falling head over heels for the boy only to end up hurt, once again, in the long run, increased as well. 

Mark went to school. Yugyeom faked an illness to avoid school. Mark went to visit Yugyeom three days in their ceased contact, Yugyeom snuck out to avoid him. He didn't know what to say and Mark was afraid to say anything, so, almost a week without contact it ultimately was. 

Though Mark had thought of using the rest of the boys as mediators, it seemed that no one could get in touch with the elusive and evasive Kim Yugyeom. But, for the most part, Mark was assured, mainly by Choi Youngjae and Jackson Wang, that Yugyeom would come out of his cell and that they would finally talk. Be it good or not. Mark knew this to be true, but he still worried that somehow, Yugyeom would slip right through his fingertips even if he found a way to catch him. 

He sighed, out on his porch, watching the dreary gray clouds slowly make their way across the sky. The outside world looked bland and the air around him was humid and the strong winds were warm. The worst type of day in his opinion. He had just got out of classes and after refusing an invitation to Jackson's house, he walked home in this weather and sweated some. Regardless, once he reached his own home, he put his bag down beside a seat on the porch and sat, watching the occasional car make it's way like the clouds did. How torturous. There was not a thing to distract his mind from wondering about Kim Yugyeom's well-being. He was starting to regret turning down Jackson, the now blonde-haired boy would at least amuse or lovingly annoy him to the point where he almost -almost- forgot to let his worries for Yugyeom consume him. 

Suddenly, a small trickle of rain started falling and the pitter patter of it hitting the awning above his porch broke his current thought and he watched small, just barely visible, rain droplets fall. That small trickle turned into steady rain. That steady rain into pounding rain with the stronger winds gusting it about every so often. He stood and walked towards the edge of the porch, letting the mist of rain sink into his pores. He actually found himself grinning for no apparent reason, just liking the feel of the cool mist and warm winds on his skin. He felt like he needed this. 

His need became more and as the sky darkened, the world became alive with rumbles of thunder. He ran out into the rain, feeling it sink further than his pores and down right to the very bone. Somewhere, lighting flashed and the noise of thunder came a bit after. 

Like a child, he was splashing in small puddles, stomping about. He didn't even mind how humid it still felt anymore nor the fact that his socks were wet and it felt like his feet were sloshing around inside the material of his new shoes. He started running laps around his little neighborhood, not caring if his neighbors were around to see him. Who else would be out in this rain anyways? 

Once he wore himself out from running, he walked around and picked up a fallen branch. It became something he used the bat at the thousands of droplets falling everywhere or at a low branch, which would cause more droplets and leaves to fall. If that bored him, he simply started up running. It was a cycle that kept going until he finally dragged himself back into his own yard to sit on the pathway up to his house. He didn't feel like going in, not till the rain itself gave up. 

His legs were extended in front of him, parted into a v-shape. His arms held him up as he closed his eyes, tilted his head towards the sky and listened as the rain made different sounds when it hit various objects. He sat up straight and cupped his hands, collecting the rain water. It would slip between his fingertips and he felt it run down through his knuckles to his arm and onto his legs. He could tell it was the water that he had caught because, to him, it felt warmer than the water pouring from the sky. In some sort of mediocre way, the warmer rain slipping between his fingertips became Yugyeom. It was as if a teenage girl was writing his thoughts and putting it into some silly analogies for some ty romance story. The thought of that had him laughing in milliseconds and he fell back onto the ground with a thump, still laughing his off. 

Through his laughing, the rumbling of thunder, and the pounding of rain, he didn't hear the footsteps as they made their way to him. But what he did hear, after a distinct rumble of low thunder, was the voice he now knew he was desperately longing to hear: "You may just be insane, huh Mark Tuan?"

Yugyeom. 

 

----------------------------------------

yes, I spent a lot of time with Mark's rain scene. 

yes, this took forever to update.

yes, it is short.

fight me.