The Only Exception

Wonder

"And I've always lived like this, keeping a comfortable distance." - Paramore

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were all currently seated and scattered across the seats and floor of Youngjae's living room. All included: Im Jaebum, Choi Youngjae, Jinyoung Park or Junior, BamBam, Jackson Wang, and Mark Tuan. 

"So? What's going on?" JB started the conversation after moments of silence. Jackson and Youngjae both looked at Mark who sighed. He had explained to Youngjae before they all assembled in his house and Youngjae took it surprisingly well, even though it wasn't quite the reason that he thought it was going to be. But soon, he was teasing him much like Jackson had when he found out. He didn't ask questions. He just accepted it and moved on. The only thing he did ask was if he was sure he still wanted to get everyone together and tell them that he was gay. He said, "You don't have to tell them if you're not ready. I don't mind keeping it a secret. Though, I bet Jackson knows, considering how close the two of you are." Imagine the shock on his face when Mark told him that Jackson literally found out two days before him. And that Mark wasn't the one who told him, even. He just waltzed into the empty class one day and BAM, he found out. 

"I've asked Youngjae to gather us all here today-"

"What is this? You starting a cult or a religious circle?" Junior interrupted, laughing. The rest of the guys, who had no idea about the bomb Mark was about to drop, laughed along. 

"Guys, come on. Take this seriously." Jackson scolded the rest and frowned at Junior's comment. They sat in some more silence, amazed at the fact that Jackson was taking something that was not about him, seriously. Jackson, they knew, was not overly conceded. Nor did he care about any of his family and friends less than he cared for himself and joke around about stuff, but it must have been something big for him to ask that of them. 

"All right... go on," JB said like the calm-ish and slightly cool headed guy he was, his attention on what Mark was about to say. 

"I thought for almost three hours on how I should roundabout go telling you guys this. Specifically, JB, Junior, and BamBam. Jackson knew first, he found out by himself, though. And Youngjae knew second. He was suspicious and I was tired of keeping it a secret or whatever. I have found a way I want to word it. Listen closely because I am not going to repeat myself." He made eye contact with everyone in the living room. Once that was done, he shoved some things laying on the coffee table to the side and stood up on it, arms splayed out as he spoke two very simple words.

"I'm gay." 

"Damn, you could have cushioned it some for them." Mark, who had closed his eyes, peeked one open and looked at Jackson who had spoken.

"They could have found out the way you did, you know."

Jackson made a thoughtful face and then nodded in agreement. 

"Do I even want to know how you found out, Jackson?" Junior quipped, his face in his hands. Mark stared at Junior, trying to gauge his reaction, but coming up with nothing. Suddenly, he became mortified, realizing why he never wanted to tell his friends. What if they didn't want to be around him anymore? Was he supposed the beg and plead for them to stay in his life as friends? Reassure them that he would never make a move on them? For some reason, he found that the back of his throat started burning and that there was just a little pressure welling up behind his eyes. He was on the verge of crying. What if all the negative what if's became reality? 

He stood down from the coffee table, not wanting to look at anyone anymore. Jackson must have noticed because pretty soon, he was at Mark's side, giving him a one-sided hug. He was whispering, "It's okay. Even if they can't except you, you've got me and Youngjae."

Mark shook his head, trying his hardest not to cry. He felt ashamed of himself, for something he felt like he couldn't help.

Abruptly, he felt his hand being taken and found himself sitting in Junior's lap, Jackson beside him. He made a move to get up but was yanked back down by Junior. "Hey! I'm your mom" (a/n: I will love you forever f you know where this is from).  Jackson laughed, he knew that Junior was trying to lighten the situation Mark felt like he got himself into. "And if I'm your mom," Junior continued, "I'll love you the way you are."

Mark smiled, twisting his body around and pushing Jackson off Junior's lap so that he could give Junior a big bear hug for giving him some comfort. Junior hugged back speaking into his ear, "Earlier, I didn't mean anything in a mean way. I just didn't want to hear the details of you getting it on with another guy. I'm your mom, after all." Junior chuckled and Mark joined in. He pulled away when he heard someone clear their throat, nervously. 

He turned to JB, who was the source of the sound. His nerves came back but they disappeared once JB finally spoke. "Look, Mark, I don't mind this and all but... just so long as... you know, haven't used me for uh," he cleared his throat once more.

Mark grinned and shook his head. "If I wasn't even attracted to Jackson, what makes you think I would be attracted to you?"

There were chortles and snorts and even an "Oooo, burrrrrn," heard in the room. JB made a face between disgruntled and happy. 

Jackson patted JB's shoulder and looked offended enough for the both of them, making everyone in the room laugh. And Mark distinguished a laughter from someone he had yet heard speak about on the whole ordeal. BamBam. Mark quieted and looked at BamBam, the rest of the guys following suit. It took him a while but he finally got the hint and gave his two cents. "I'm gay about Mark being gay. But like, me being gay as in the happy gay and Mark being, well, gay."

Youngjae threw a pillow seat at BamBam's facing, hitting him on the forehead. "Last time we let you speak." He snickered. 

"What? I was being completely honest." BamBam said as he chucked the seat pillow back at Youngjae. 

"Anyway," JB interrupted, "I'm glad that you told us this. You were always very... distant? Yeah, that's the best way to put it. So, I am glad that you trusted us enough to even tell us." He was smiling and seemed more comfortable. The guys nodded in agreement, all except BamBam, who curiously looked at Mark. 

"Mark?" He asked. "I'm also glad that you told us, but why now? It could have been earlier or it could have been later, but it was now." 

Youngjae and Jackson looked at each other, smirking. 

"Well, what if Mark wants to introduce you to someone special to him?" Jackson posed the question as he walked to the other side of the room. "What if he wants his friends to be okay with him dancing into another man's arms?" While delivering this line, he waltzed straight into Younjae's arms, who gave him a little twirl. "And if they wanted to kiss freely without the fear of being caught?" Youngjae dipped Jackson and they brought their faces near each others, all the while making kissy faces and noises. 

Mark quickly shut down their production by throwing all the seat pillows he could get his hands on, at them. 

"What? You know it's true," Jackson retorted, plopping back down on the couch after helping Youngjae pick up the pillows. 

"Now, Mother Junior has got to know who's got Mark's attention," JB said, but only because he too was curious about who Mark was interested in, 

"Yes, Mother dearest has to know now," Junior added. 

"And I just wanna know," BamBam said, earning him another pillow to the face. 

Mark looked around the room, at the two faces of the guys who knew and the guys who wanted to know. His friends. His friends who had accepted him. 

He gave them a smile and said, "I've told you guys too much already today. I am emotionally exhausted. Maybe some other time, yeah?" 

He couldn't help but laugh at the groans of protest from the guys. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

okay, so I will try and update every two or so days. though, the longest I will probably take to update is a week or a little over. Just until I get into the habit of an actual updating schedule. Hope you enjoy!