Migraine

Wonder

"And I will say that we should take a day to break away, from all the pain our brain has made, the game is not played alone. " - twenty one pilots

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You were honestly worried that he had a thing for me? Aw, isn't that cute!" Jackson squealed while they were shooting basketballs. The stench of the gym and the smell of the balls and everything in the gym, actually, coupled with the terrible lights were giving Mark a headache. Jackson's girly squeal didn't help it go away either. 

"Hey, not so loud?" Mark asked, shooting the ball and missing, plopping down on the gym floor after, giving up. He rubbed at his temples while squeezing his eyes shut. "This is going to be the death of me."

"Is it hurting that bad? You normally don't complain about any sort of pain unless it really does hurt."

Mark only nodded his head as Jackson sat next to him, nudging a water bottle in front of him. He gratefully accepted and chugged it down, handing back the almost empty bottle to Jackson who drained the rest. 

"," Mark got more unbearable pains and his eyes were squeezed as tightly as they could. 

"Mark..." Jackson furrowed his brow in concern, "maybe you should just go home if you don't want to see the nurse? Skipping one day isn't so bad. I'll even take notes for you!" Despite the pain he was feeling, Mark could not help but laugh at the thought of Jackson be willing to take two sets of notes, let alone one set. "Okay, not cool man. You're so meeaaaan." Jackson put an arm around Mark's shoulders and talked more quietly, careful about his friend's problem. "But seriously, I'd do anything for you, Mark." Mark turned and faced Jackson, looking him in the eyes and saw his sincere worry. He smiled widely and felt better, though there was still a more than dull ache constantly pounding in his head. 

Then he heard a squeak of a shoe on the gym floor and turned in its general direction to see Yugyeom whose back was to them as he stood still. And indeed, Yugyeom was hoping that Mark or Jackson would not have heard the sound that he could not stop from happening. He could be light on his feet and make escapes soundlessly, but today was just not his day. All he heard when he entered the gym was, "I'd do anything for you, Mark," leave Jackson's lips and he saw their close proximity. For some reason, that Yugyeom had a faint idea for it, he felt upset and envious of their closeness. 

"Ah, Yugyeom, hello!" Jackson got up and made the short trip to him so he forced a smile. 

"Jackson, hey," he said calmly. 

"Tell Mark that he should go home."

"I-I... what? Why?"

"Because he'll listen to you, Yugyeom."

"But why should Mark go home?"

"He has like a migraine. A really bad one. See, Mark, he's the type of guy to not complain about anything, even pain. and he's been complaining about this headache of his for almost an hour. So, go, shoo." Jackson shoved Yugyeom towards Mark and left, saying that he was going to refill his water. Not before winking at Mark behind Yugyeom's back and sauntering away. 

"Mark, you okay?" And after speaking, Yugyeom wanted to smack himself. Jackson just told him what was wrong with Mark. Was it really necessary to ask?

"I'll be fine, Yugyeom. Thanks for asking, really."

Yugyeom stared at Mark who was trying his hardest not to grab at his head but Yugyeom noticed and sighed. "Really, Mark? I heard from Jackson."

"Then it was sweet of you to double check." Mark's lips turned upwards some and so did Yugyeom's. They sat in silence, but it was a comfortable silence, with each of the boys taking one another in from the corner of their eyes. 

Mark winced at a sudden sharp pain and Yugyeom stood, holding a hand out in front of Mark. 

Mark stared at Yugyeom's hand with questioning eyes.

"Geez, I thought you were the smart one here," Yugyeom huffed before bending down and grabbing one of Mark's wrists and pulling him up, dragging him away from the empty gym and into semi-empty hallways. 

"Ah, Yugyeom, what are you doing?" Mark asked when they had left the double doors of the school. 

"Taking you away from the school so you can get that nap that you need."

"I can't just leave."

"Yes, we can leave."

"... We?"

"Well," Yugyeom was warm in the face once more, "ah, that is... uhm.. If you d-don't mind me tagging along, of course. I just want... I just want to make sure that you're okay, Mark." He said the last part so quietly that Mark had to strain himself to hear Yugyeom but he heard. And he saw that Yugyeom was a little flustered and that he had let go of his wrist to rub at the back of his neck. "Mark... I know you worry about your grades and such, but, ah, you know... You take on way too much. Or so, I've noticed. I probably shouldn't be speaking because you're helping me in maths. But, sometimes, it's good to take a break so you don't stress and cause yourself pains. Jackson was concerned, you're cared for, you know?"

Mark, for the first time, was feeling flustered himself. The way Yugyeom looked at his shoes, with a bit of a pink face, and nervously rubbing at the back of his neck made Mark's heart thump out of his chest, he was anxious but he looked at Yugyeom and spoke. 

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Were you... Were you worried?"

Yugyeom incredulously looked at Mark. "Of course, I'm worried, you idiot! I thought it was obvious!" Yugyeom realized that he had shouted it and quickly slapped his hand on his lips, wide-eyed. He now knew what Youngjae meant by the blushing thing. 

So, there he stood, with his wide eyes staring right at Mark's wide eyes. He finally looked down, not knowing what else to do. He seemingly couldn't control his tongue around Mark anymore, words tumbling one by one, clumsily forming sentences that he regretted. Then Mark chuckled. His chuckles turned to loud bellows as he doubled over, tears forming at the corner of his eyes. "Y-Yugyeom," Marked breathed out. "You're so ing cute, oh my god, my stomach hurts."

Now it was Yugyeom's heart's turn to be thumping out of his chest. It seemed to happen more often when Mark was around and he was just starting to understand just what it meant. He huffed, extremely warm now. He narrowed his eyes at Mark. "Hmmm, where's that migraine of yours gone?"

Mark's mouth fell open. He hadn't felt much pains almost a little after they left the school. "I really don't know."

"I think I do..." Yugyeom neared Mark, raising his hand. Mark freaked once Yugyeom's fingertips skimmed his cheekbones. They stayed there a bit and then he felt a sudden pinch on his cheek. He jumped back, grabbing his cheek.

"Yah! What was that for?"

"It just seemed that he way to get rid of your migraine was to cause you pain elsewhere. Like you said, your stomach started hurting and your head stopped. I was just giving you a demonstration. See, you've forgotten all about your stomach."

"Yugyeom, you jerk."

"You were laughing at me, Mark. Now if you excuse me, you're not in pain anymore, I will return to school." In truth, he didn't want to leave Mark, he was just majorly embarrassed right now. 

"Yugyeom! Wait, please don't go back... I mean, we're already out. Stay with me. After all, it's good to take a break, right?" Mark said meekly, hoping to convince Yugyeom to not leave.

"Fine, but you're buying me ice-cream." Yugyeom honestly could not be any happier and neither could Mark.