I Wrote A Book

Wonder

hehe, I'm back in action guysssss! I'm actually really hyped up to write some. also, I just really like the front bottoms just as much as I like K-pop groups asdfghjkl; i quoted them in "funny you should ask" which is another gr9 song and i just love the witty lyrics, they're probably not everyone's taste. okay, I'll stop promoting them now. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Will you come over tonight? I need some inspiration for my story. I know it's late but if you come now we'll be done by two or three in the morning." -TFB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You really weren't kidding. I mean, I know I said whenever and I know you were joking about the whole entire coming over to my place at two or something in the morning for tutoring. The situation isn't as said, but can you please tell me why did I have to sneak into your room at one in the morning for a tutoring session?"

Mark had been sleeping after going out to get ice cream with Yugyeom and he was awoken by his phone's constant buzzing early on. Low and behold, it was Yugyeom.  Mark should have been ecstatic that someone that had caught his interest wanted to see him, but the migraine had actually worn him out. That and Yugyeom. He was a literal small child in a tall, giant teenage boy's body. Yugyeom had insisted on going to the park and scaring the other kids there away so that they would have the entire place to themselves, just ing around. He had to admit, though, that being on that playground and just messing around made him like Yugyeom even more. He was being honest, it was more of a superficial, "hey, you're pretty hot, let's make out" type thing at first, like the rest of they guys he had been with, but the past few weeks have been something else. 

Yugyeom was something else. He was a rebellious, joking child with a serious side and smart mouth and great dance moves. It was these small things plus others that had Mark falling deeper into the abyss of "I really like you." Maybe he could call it love, but he felt that was too soon. And he wasn't so sure about Yugyeom's preference on the es. He was flirting with him often and it seemed like he embarrassed him but Yugyeom would almost always flirt back in some way, whether he did it knowingly or not. 

"Mark... I lied. You're not here for a tutoring session. Also, you just knocked on my window, you could have used the front door, you know? That part is completely all you, not me."

Mark's face deadpanned as he heard the last line. He sighed and took a seat on the edge of Yugyeom's bed. "Anyway, why am I here then?"

"Wow, you want to leave me already, Mark? You wound me so."

Mark found himself dishing out a tired smile at Yugyeom, "Ah, I could stay here forever but I've got to eat."

"Not a problem, I'd just bring you food and you can just lay in bed all day."

"Yugyeom, you're just trying to fatten me up now. What about if I have to use the bathroom?"

"Mark, I've seen how much you can put away. You'll be fine. Also, even if you get fat, you'd still be Mark. As for the bathroom issue, aren't you glad that my room has a bathroom?"

'Hmm... I haven't been in your room before, but now that I know I'm gonna use it real quick. I really need to go." Mark stood from the bed as Yugyeom fell back on it, mumbling an alright. 

Once he had heard the door close, he sat up and let out a shaky, nervous breath. "I... I didn't think he would actually come. What the do I do now? Oh god." Yugyeom held his face in his hands, attempting to not freak out externally as he heard the toliet flush and water from the sink start. "Why did I think I could do this? I hate confrontations so much." The water was shut off and Yugyeom composed himself as quickly as he could, both mentally berrating and giving himself a pep talk. 

The door opened and Mark walked out. "I wouldn't mind living here actually. It's comfortable. I get fed. Most importantly, there's you." And Mark had to fight the urge to slap his hand over his mouth. It was cringey and he may or may have not dropped a bomb on Yugyeom, it was almost all out in a cheesy way so he was going to roll with the punches now. 

"This is the reason why I invited you here, Mark... When you say things like this... and I overheard you and Jackson the first time we met... Mark are you, you know, gay?"

Yugyeom got his subtle hints after all. Not only that, half of it was Jackson being loud. He was most defintely rolling with the punches. 

"Yes."

Yugyeom nodded his head and bit his lip. "So, ahhhh... Um, do you really think of me as cute?" Yugyeom was expecting Mark to say yes but he wasn't expecting such a blunt and straightforward answer. 

"Yugyeom... have you not gotten my little hints at all?"

"No. I mean, yes! I have like a book of hints. But like, I didn't really think you meant it... I thought I could have been some sort of phase? No,  not a phase. I mean... ugh. This was a much smoother scenario in my head." Yugyeom sat down on the edge of his bed, flustered. 

Mark slowly walked to him and sat next to him. Yugyeom avoided all eye contact. "Hey, Yugyeom... look at me." Mark spoke softly and put a hand on Yugyeom's shoulder. He saw Yugyeom visibly tense some but Mark knew that it was now or never. "Yugyeom, look at me." He demanded in a rougher but gentle tone. And when Yugyeom refused to comply, he leaned over and grabbed his chin between his thumb and forefinger. "Does it bother you?"

Yugyeom's face was near Mark's, yet he still refused to answer and his breathing became heavier and his throat felt like it was burning and there was a new pressure behind his eyes. He was suddenly so very confused and the emotions were so unfamiliar that they became unpleasant. He didn't mind being this close to Mark, hell, he wanted to be closer but a part of him would not allow it. It was inner turmoil and Mark must have sensed it. He let go and sighed. 

He felt hurt but he knew what Yugyeom was feeling. It was what he felt after he had made out with that boy his freshman year. Yugyeom's emotions and thoughts were having a conflict and Yugyeom probably couldn't decided right then and there after all. "It's okay, Yugy... I can wait for an answer. Besides it's way too early to be thinking. Just sleep and worry about this another day, I know how it is. I can wait, okay?" His voice became shaky towards the end because even though he did bot exactly get dumped, after this, the answer could come as a spiteful no and rude gay slurs or no answer would come and he would lose a friend. Both sounded equally bad and he would like to avoid it as much as possible but this is what rolling with the punches meant. 

He made his way to Yugyeom's window, going out the way he came in, almost falling out and injuring himself, shaking it off and tiredly making his way home. 

Yugyeom, who hadn't spoken a word for a minute, had a few small tears rolling down his face but he wore a small smile. 

"You could have used the door, you idiot."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorrysorrysorrysorryifitdoesntliveuptoyourstandards

sorrysorrysorrysorryiamanawkwardpersonokaysorry