Chapter 5

CITRUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[a/n: Hey guys! Maybe some of you, don't get the story well at first. To be honest, I accidentally hide the first chapter from the start. So please read it before the second chapter. Here's an update as an apology!]

Yoona's POV

I was sitting at the hospital's lobby's couch when I saw Jessica unnie walking.

"Hey, over here!" I called her while waving my hand then she looked at me. "Good morning, Jessica!"

Fufufu~ that's the second time I called her by her name.

"...I'm going to his room." She said while walking away.

"Ah, right!"

This isn't the time to mess around. We arrived at gramps' room. I have to mention that I don't want to be expelled! 

"Uhm... All morning, there's kinda been this thing... that I wanted to talk about..." I carefully said while avoiding his gaze on me.

"Is it about your expulsion from school?" Whaaat?! He got it right!

"Th-that's right."

"Firstly, I have to express my gratitude. I was a huge burden to you, yesterday."

"No, no. No need to thank me... It's the normal thing to do. Besides, gramps, you're a family... I could never have just left you." I said while Jessica was quiet.

"I very much agree with that." He said nonchalantly. "So I have cancelled your expulsion." He added which really shock the hell out of me. 

"EH?!"

"Jessica told me what really happened... As an educator and grandfather, my pride got the better of me. This hospital stay has given me the chance to review my shortcomings."

"Ya...YAY!" I exclaimed happily.

Jessica... She talked to him for my sake... I swear, this could be the happiest day ever!

"Now, Jessica..." He muttered then face Jessica." You should do what you want to do and not worry about me." He said and I could say that Jessica was really shocked by it.

"Grandfather..." She stood up and tried to protest.

"...Got it?" Gramps cut her while glaring.

"...Yes." She said with her head low. Why does she seem not happy about it? 

 

~~~

 

Visiting hours was done so we head back home.

"Thank you, Jessica. For talking to gramps for me."

"It wasn't really..." She said with her stoic face.

What's up with her? Hmm...

"So, Jessica! Come back to our home! Gramps said you could do what you want! Mom is so lonely without you! Okay?" I said trying to brighten up the mood while running around.

"Even with my father absent, it's my home too. I'd come back even without your request." She said with her eyes closed.

And just like that...

I returned to normal school life.

"WELCOME BACK, YOONG! I THOUGHT I'D NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN!" Sooyoung shouted while squeezing me with her tight hug that caught everyone's attention, looking at us confusedly.

"KNOCK IT OFF! NO ONE EVEN KNOWS ABOUT IT!" I shouted back trying to free myself from her.

And Jessica...

"Sorry for all the trouble I've caused." She said and bowed once she got inside our house. Mom immediately ran to her and hugged her.

"JESSICA! Welcome back!" Mom said with her tears flowing down her cheeks. I just smile while watching them.

I guess my pushing worked... 'Cause she returned home.

"You two!" Someone shouted at the school's corridor while me and Soo were walking and talking. "Don't be so noisy out here! Return to your classroom!" The student council president yelled at us with Sunny-shi behind her.

"And your hair color..." Sunny-shi added.

"We weren't noisy!" Sooyoung answered irritab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter