The Start of Something New

Secret

Upon arriving on the placethat they agreed on, Kyuhyun entered the Resto bar and chose to occupy a table that is quite secluded. His friends are not yet there. Out of boredom, he decided to take a nap. Kyuhyun was then surprised when someone woke him up. When he raised his head, he saw that it was a restaurant crew.

"Sir, excuse me. But sleeping is not allowed here." said the crew with a dinosaur teeth.

Kyuhyun smirked. This crew is something. "I'm sorry. Look, I'm waiting for my friends to arrive."

"B-but sir..."

"Fine. Give me a cup of coffee."

"Huh?" The crew was suddenly confused of what the customer is saying. Coffee?

"You heard me right? I suppose you were taking orders. Give me a cup of coffee, so that I won't fall asleep."

"Ah.. Y-yes sir."

"Yah. The new customer is really handsome. But also very arrogant."

The other crew smiled. "How did you know that he is arrogant?"

"He is really arrogant in giving his order." 

Donghae (crew) immediately went to the kitchen and passed the order to his friend, who also works in the restaurant.

Ryeowook (other crew) laughed. Donghae haven't gotten used to their customers.

"There are a lot of customers who are like that. You should get used to it." Ryeowook said while preparing the coffee.

"Psh. Whatever. That angelic face conceals a demon inside. He seriously ruined my mood."

"Just forget what he did." Ryeowook handed Donghae the cup of coffee.

"Here. Give him his order."

Donghae is hesitating. Ryeowook is nice. Maybe he will consider doing a favor for him.

"Ryeowookie.. can you just give it to him instead?"

Ryeowook was surprised. Just what exactly Donghae want him to do?

"What?! Hell no. You give it to him. You were the one who took his order, right? So you have to serve him his coffee."

"Ryeowook-ah... please... just this once..."

Ryeowook looked at Donghae. Nothing will happen to him if he serve the coffee to the "arrogant customer". So maybe it's fine if he will be the one to do it.

"Fine. I'll do it."

Donghae jumped with joy and haugged Ryeowook.

"Thank you Wookia! You're really my hero!"

Ryeowook went out of the kitchen and went to Kyuhyun's direction. He served the coffe, but Kyuhyun fell asleep again. So he decided to wake him up.

When Kyuhyun opened his eyes, the coffee was placed on the table that he is leaning to. From afar, he also saw his 2 friends coming.

"Here's your cup of coffee sir. Enjoy."

"Thanks. Kindly leave it there."

Ryeowook was about to go when Yesung and Hyukjae arrived. Ryeowook greeted the other two customers before leaving completely. When Yesung and Hyukjae saw the coffee, they smiled sheepishly.

"What drama is this? Why did you suddenly thought of drinking coffee Kyuhyun?" Yesung laughed and sipped on the cup of coffee.

"Seriously bro, you ordered coffee? You're really getting old now." Hyukjae commented while smiling with his shark grin.

"Stop it. If I hadn't gotten bored waiting for yo, I won't fell asleep. And if I hadn't fell asleep, I won't be forced to order a coffee. So you have to pay this cup of coffee. Besides, Yesung drank the coffee. Not me."

Yesung laughed. Amazed by his friend's witt. "You're hormones are seriously crazy dude."

"In all fairness. The one who served you your coffee is a cutie." Hyukjae stated trying to tease Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun faintly nodded. "Yeah. He is. But not my type."

"Ooohh.... Someone's choosy." Yesung laughed, making his eyes appear smaller.

"Don't compare me with yourselves, who brings home and beds every girl."

"Uh.. Excuse me, but that's not my forte. Only Hyukjae is like that, but not me."

Hyukjae reacted to Yesung's statement.

"Only me?! Oh C'mon! If I know you wanted to that cutie earlier. right then and there. Right dude?" Hyukjae then nudged Yesun's arm.

"ert! But your suggestion is not bad either." Hyukjae and Yesung both laughed at the latter's statement.

"You're really erts. Can't you be a little discreet of being yadong maniacs? Other people might think I'm one of you." Kyuhyun siad with a bit of sarcasm.

"Well.. You should be. C'mon Kyuhyun. You're a man. Don't tell me you don't get boners when you spot someone cute or hot?" Hyukjae said, trying to provoke Kyuhyun.

"Just like what I'm saying. I'm not like you."

Yesung and Hyukjae laughed even more with what Kyuhyun said. While in the kitchen, Ryeowook and Donghae can clearly hear the three men's conversation.

"Did you hear that? Did you hear that Ryeowook?! Those guys are certified erts!"

Ryeowook sighed. He should have believed Donghae with what he said earlier.

"Yesh. I guess you're right Hae. They're not just arrogant, but also ert."

"They should learn a lesson from your Sungmin hyung. I'm sure that if he learned you were being talked about ually by those, Sungmin will beat them all."

"Psh. Forget it. Sungmin has a lot of problems to solve. I don't want to add on his list of problems."

Donghae sighed. "Aigoo! Sungmin can just work here instead, so that you will have more money for your expenses. Why does he keep on working with a small salary being a clinic assisstant?"

"You know, he loves his job. If he didn't quit college, Sungmin is a doctor now." Ryeowook smiled faintly.

Donghae sighed. "Yeah right. Sungmin is smart and kind. It's really upsetting that he had to give up college."

Donghae and Ryeowooks conversation was interrupted, when the manager called Donghae.

"Donghae. come here."

"Yes sir?"

"Get the order from table 37."

"Okay sir."

Donghae went to the said table number to get the customers' order. But upon seeing the customer occupying the table, surprise crossed his face. It was the arrogant customer! He was about to leave when Kyuhyun called him.

"Hey. Didn't your manager tell you to get our orders?"

Upon hearing what Kyuhyun said, Donghae was left with no choice. He turned aroung and went closer to the customer's table. Just when Donghae looked up, he saw the face of the other customers. His eyes almost popped out of its socket when he saw Yesung. Yesung's smiling eyes went wide upon seeing Donghae.

"Donghae?!"

Hyukjae smiled. Yesung have a past with this person?

"Dude, you know him?"

Donghae doesn't know what to do. He feels like his throat turned dry and the only thing he was able to say was...

"H-hyung..."

Kyuhyun was also shocked when he heard what Donghae said.

"Wait.. What?!" Kyuhyun turned to Yesung. "He is your brother?"

Yesung nodded, then looked at Donghae. "What are you doing here?"

"H-hyung.. l-let me e-exp-plain.."

"Does our dad know about this?"

Donghae shook his head. "No..."

Yesung stood up and held Donghae's arm. He held him going out of the restaurant. But before they can go out, the manager intervened.

"Sir, excuse me. You are not allowed to harrass and hurt my employees."

Yesung scoffed. His eyes becoming thinner. "Your employee?! Well, mind you. I'm his brother so I'm telling you not to meddle on this. Understand?" Yesung turned to Donghae. "Let's go."

Yesung dragged Donghae out of the restaurant. After hailing a cab for him, he stuffed Donghae in the passenger's seat. After the taxi left, Yesung went back inside the resto.

"Hey dude. You didn't tell us you have a very attractive brother." Hyukjae smiled.

"Hands off to my brother, Hyuk. I mean it."

Hyukjae laughed. Oh this is quite a show. Yesung getting angry. He likes to provoke him more.

"Hey... keep it down. I'm just saying."

"I can't calm down if he's around. All my life I've been his nanny. He's getting hard headed as he gets older." Yesung huffed some air from his mouth.

"Is he still studying? I don't see him in our house when I go there." Kyuhyun asked, unable to contain his curiousity.

"He's living separately from us. He said he wants to get out of our father's shadow and influence. So he decided to be independent and send himself to school. But he visits our house often."

Hyukjae was amazed. "Really? Wow. That's just too cool."

"You should be proud of him. He is not spoiled. And he's very much independent." Kyuhyun said.

"I'm proud of him. It's just that... I don't want him to work like a slave for other people. Look at his job here. He takes orders from strangers. That's the last thing that I would want to happen to my brother. But he is just really hard-headed, so I sent him home." Yesung then flashed a grin.

Hyukjae can't believe that his friend can be protective of his younger brother. "What if the driver of the cab won't send your brother home?"

Yesung laughed at this. He knew Donghae very well. "The driver is scared as hell now. I have his plate number. I also told him that I'll report him to the police if Donghae was not sent home."

Kyuhyun laughed while shaking his head. "So Donghae was his name? I'm sorry dude. i think I was kinda' rude to him earlier."

Yesung raised his hand, sign to dismiss Kyuhyun's apology. "It's okay. I'm sure you wouldn't be like that, if you knew who he was."

"Yesung hyung, what if donghae escapes from the driver? Will the driver still go to jail?"

"Donghae won't definitely do that. I know him too well. He doesn't want someone to be put in danger because of him."

Hyukjae and Kyuhyun laughed. Oh boy! Their friend seems so serious about his brother.

"You know what dude? I'm starting to think that Donghae is your son, and you're a teenage dad. Look at you. You sound like you're his dad."

Hyukjae lauhghed even more. "Damn! How come I didn't noticed it?"

"Cut the dude."

 Yesung then laughed together with his friends. While in the kitchen, Ryeowook and their manager can just shrug their shoulder with what they heard.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Lee Residence

Sungmin is busy cleaning their house, when his phone rang. He didn't bothered to answer it anymore, since he knows that it was his boss who will say sorry again. His boss terminated him from his work as an assistant. His boss is a doctor and will go to Japan, to p[ractice his profession there. This means, Sungmin being jobless. He is worried now where to get their daily expenses. Sungmin doesn't want to spend the remaining money that they have in the bank, since it is intended for their father's medication. Sungmin is not even sure if the money that they have is enough to pay his father's hospital bill. Eversince their father was diagnosed with liver cancer, his condition got worse to the point where he went comatose. All of the things that are happening had been unknown to Ryeowook. Sungmin doesn't want him to know. Because once Ryeowook finds out, Sungmin feels that his head will just hurt more. So it is much better if the situation is kept from them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Kim Residence

When the cab that Donghae is on, arrived at their house, he immediately went out of the cab and asked an apology to the driver. Upon reaching the fron of their gate, Donghae pressed te doorbell. A househelper opened the gate for him. Upon seeing him, the househelper, which happened to be their nanny when they were young jumped with glee.

"Omo! Donghae-ah! You are here! Your mom and dad will be very happy once they see you."

The nanny screamed at the top of her lungs. "EVERYONE!! DONGHAE IS HOME!!!"

Donghae was not mistaken. He then heard the voice of his mom screaming. His dad'd voice is also full of happiness. When he went face to face with his parents, their smiles seems to bare all of their teeth.

"Aigoo... My baby... Donghae-ah. It's good that you decided to go home. Mom missed you a lot." Mrs. Kim said while hugging her son.

"I miss you too, mom. And please. Stop calling me baby."

"No matter what you say, you will always be the baby of this family." Mr Kim said, to which Donghae scowled.

"And you too dad. I'm a grown up man now."

"You're right son. Oh.. How time flies so fast." Mrs. Kim looked at her son from head to toe. But she stopped midway when she noticed something.

"D-Donghae-ah.. why are you dressed like a restaurant crew?"

Donghae felt like his head went big. How will he explain to his parents that he is working on a restaurant?

"W-what?! Uhm.. m-mom.."

Donghae was not able to explain when his mom hit him.

"Aigoo! This kid! Get inside and change your clothes! We are working hard, and you'll end up working in a restaurant?"

The only thing Donghae was able to do, is to sigh and follow his mom. If only he was not able to see his Yesung hyung earlier, his life may still be peaceful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three men are still having fun, since Kyuhyun wanted to unwind and escape stress. They spent hours of drinking alcohol, and the effect is slowly kicking in. Hyukjae and Yesung were already drunk. While Kyuhyun is not even a bit affected.

Hyukjae is endlessly laughing while bugging Yesung, who is also drowned in his own world.

"D-dude.. please.. I wnat to be friends with your brother.." Hyukjae said in a slurry voice.

"Dude. I told you last time... Hands off to my brother.." Yesung said. His eyes, becoming smaller due to the effect of the alcohol.

Kyuhyun can just shake his head. His friends are really weaklings when it come to alcohol.

"Yah. Get yourselves together. You're both really drunk."

"Yeah right bro. We are so drunk.. but you are still cool as hell."

"Your alcohol tolerance is high as dude. You're the only one who can go home."

"Don't worry. I'll call my driver to send you home."

"Thanks. But no thanks dude. My parents will think that I'm a drunkard who can't go home. Which is true. But they will sermon me for sure."

"Well good for you. You'll just get a sermon dude. Me? I have to endure endless hits from my noona." Hyukjae said, to which Kyuhyun laughed.

Their conversation was cut off when Ryeowook went to their table and placed the bill.

"Here's your bill sir."

Kyuhyun can't grasp the situation. He doesn't remember asking for their bill.

"Wait. We didn't asked for our bill yet."

"I'm sorry sir. But we are closing now."

"What?! That's murder. Can't you see were still having fun?" Hyukjae said, to which Ryeowook sighed.

"I'm really sorry sir. It's really way past our store hours."

Yesung clucked his tongue. "This is really disgusting." He then looked up to Ryeowook.

"Cute, can you tell your manager to extend a little more?"

Ryeowook amiled timidly. "I really want to do that sir. But we have already extended for you. We are supposed to close by 8PM. But our manager saw that you are still having fun, so he decided to give you an extension and finish your drinks."

Resignation hit Kyuhyun. "Okay. Since you're already closing. We will just pay our bill."

Kyuhyun paid their bill and walked out of the restaurant with his drunk friends. Ryeowook counted the payment, and found out that it was more than the amount that the customers are supposed to pay. Ryeowook went after Kyuhyun and was lucky to find them before thay leave.

"Sir wait! The paymant that you left was too much."

Yesung smiled and pinched Ryeowook's cheek. "That's for you cute. For your excellent customer service."

After Yesung said those, Kyuhyun dragged him together with Hyukjae. Ryeowook went back to the restaurant to finish his work. After his duties are done, he went out of the restaurant. Fear clouded Ryeowook's heart when someone's hand grabbed him. Ryeowook closed his eyes. Oh God! He has a lot of things to do. He is not prepared to leave the world yet. His fear subsided when he heard the owner of the voice. Seems familiar?

"Hey, you're that cutie from earlier right?" Kyuhyun asked with glee.

"Yes sir. Why?" Ryeowook said with relief, upon seeing Kyuhyun.

"Do you know how to drive a car?"

"Y-yes sir. Why did you ask?"

Hesitation is evident in Kyuhyun's eyes. But he can't just abandon his best buddy. "Can you drive this man home? He can't handle himself."

"B-but s-sir..."

"Please. It's not like I'm passing the responsibilty to you... But I just need to drop my brother in his pad. And bringing Yesung with us... He will be home really late."

"Sir I'm sorry but..."

"Please. Just this once. And I'm sorry for being rude a while ago." Kyuhyun heaved a sigh. In his mind, he is already crossing his fingers hoping that this person will help him.

"So? Will you bring him home? Please?"

"Even though he's like the biggest jerk on earth, he still has a heart." Ryeowook murmured to himself, before saying yes to Kyuhyun's request.

"Ok. I'll do it."

Kyuhyun smiled widely "Really? Thanks!" kyuhyun handed Ryeowook a piece of paper with Yesung's address.

"That's where he lives. Kindly park his car in the underground parking, then kindly make sure he's inside his pad before you leave."

“Okay.” Ryeowook nonchalantly said.

Kyuhyun helped Ryeowook to get Yesung inside his car. By the time he’s sure that Yesung is palaced safely, Ryeowook helped him to get Hyukjae inside his own car. After they placed Hyukjae inside the car, Kyuhyun went directly to the driver’s seat and immediately drove off. Ryeowook was left with a drunk Yesung. After a little while, Ryeowook sighed and started the car’s engine before leaving the place.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hi Guys! Finally I'm back. After several years. I made a short edit on this chapter. I added something. Hope you'll enjoy it. Leave your comments below. i'll be happy to read them. Thank you!