Drastic Change

Secret

• Lee Corporation:

Sungmin went to his dad's office. It is not unknown to him that their company is losing big amounts of money, so he and Ryeowook have decided to transfer to a middle class high school. In a span of almost one year eversince their mom died, you will think that there is some kind of a certain magic that wiped out their luxurious life. Their company also starts to get bankrupt because of its stocks failing every month. But that is the thing that Sungmin is trying to keep from Ryeowook. Something that he shouldn't know.

He went inside his father's office, and found him to be drunk again. Sungmin went to his dad and talked to him.

"Dad. You're drunk again..."

Chunhwa turned to his son and asnwered him in a slurry voice.

"Oh. Sungmin-ah... you're here... you don't have class?"

Sungmin sighed in frustration with what his father is acting. He is not the same father that they looked up to before their mom died. Tears welled in Sungmin's eyes, as he tried to talk to his dad again.

"Dad... what's happening with you? Dad.... our company is losing money. You need to get your act straight, so that everything will go back to normal before its too late."

Instead of listening to his son, Chunhwa laughed at his son.

"Who do you think you are to sermon me? I'm still your father! You are just my son! So don't you tell me what to do!!!"

Sungmin cried in frustration. His dad is not listening to him anymore. His dad's system is already consumed by alcohol.

"Exactly dad! You are the father, but it seems that you're not. You don't have time for me and Ryeowook. Do you think how hard it is for us also?!"

All hell broke loose. Chunhwa threw the glass of whiskey he is drinking to Sungmin's direction. Good thing Sungmin was able to dodge the hit. The glass collided with the wall and broke to pieces. Sungmin can't believe that their father did that to him.

"Dad..."

"Shut up!!! Just shut up!!! Leave my office!!!"

Sungmin still stood there. Frozen and shocked to what just happened. But Chunhwa's voice resonated like thunder.

"LEAVE!!!!"

At this point, Sungmin hurriedly went out of his father's office. He covered his face that is full of tears while going to the nearest elevator. Once he got inside the elevator, he shook his head multiple times. Sign of giving up on his dad. The incident earlier proved that maybe their father has no hope to go back to his old self. His mind was already consumed by alcohol.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Yumkwang High School

Jung eum and Ji Sung had been looking for Kyuhyun in his school. Everywhere they go, they can't find him.

"Jinjja! Where is that kid?!"

Jung eum is already pissed off looking for Kyuhyun.

"He said he is Senior-A, right? But there are a lot of classrooms here that we went..."

A student overheard their conversation and went to them

"Excuse me, are you looking for Cho Kyuhyun?"

Jung eum smiled upon hearing the student.

"Ah yes. Do you happen to know him?"

"Yes. He is my classmate."

"Oh! Thank God! Do you know where he is?"

"He is on the school's rooftop."

Jung eum felt her breath stopping with what the student said. Just what the hell Kyuhyun is doing up there?! Jung eum then thanked the student and dragged Ji Sung, going to the rooftop.. When they arrived there, they sa Kyuhyun sitting on the edge of the rooftop. Only the steel railings are supporting him from falling down. Jung eum, seeing Kyuhyun's location hurriedly went to him and spanked his head.

"Aish! YAH!!!" Kyuhyun said angrily to the one who spanked him. When he turned his head, he saw Jung eum glaring at him.

"Noona!! Why did you hit me in the head?"

Jung eum smiled and hit him again.

"I really like your question. Why do you think is the reason that I hit you? And what are you doing there?"

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders.

"Can't you see that I'm sitting?"

Jung eum glared at him again and huffed her cheeks.

"Yah. Cho Kyuhyun, can you at least answer in a polite manner?"

"What do you need?"

Jung eum is almost losing her patience with the sarcastic Kyuhyun. But she held it in.

"Why do I feel like you're angry? Do you have a problem?"

Kyuhyun smiled. "Many. So don't worry about my problems. You'll get old real fast."

"Aigoo! You're getting really sarcastic as the days go by."

Jung eum then handed Kyuhyun a paper bag, to which the latter just looked at. Jung eum then noticed that Kyuhyun did not take it, so she tried to get his attention.

"Aren't you going to take it? This is for you."

"What's that? What's that for?"

Jung eum sighed. Is Kyuhyun planning to be a lawyer? Why is he asking so many questions?

"Just take it! Why do you even ask a lot of questions?"

"Why?! Exactly, what is that for?"

Ji Sung smiled at Kyuhyun's stubborness, and tapped his shoulder. He then advised Kyuhyun to move away from the edge of the rooftop.

"Just take it Kyuhyun. Then open it, so that you would know what's inside. But before that, you have to move away from there."

Just because Kyuhyun respected his Ji Sung hyung so much, he did what he was told. After that, he got the paper bag from Jung eum and opened it. He was shocked to see a new shirt , shoes, pants and a wristwatch. Kyuhyun shook his head and handed it back to Jung eum.

"This is too much noona. I can't accept these."

Jung eum got mad and handed it back to Kyuhyun again.

"You know, its an insult to refuse a gift. So instead of refusing it, just accept it. Okay?"

"B-but n-noona..."

Ji Sung intervened, since he can feel that Kyuhyun won't follow what Jung eum is telling him.

"Take it Kyuhyun. We even bought that from Japan. I will feel bad if you won't accept it."

Kyuhyun doesn't want to take it but he doesn't want his hyung to feel bad because of him.

"Okay. Thanks for this hyung."

"You're welcome."

Jung eum scowled. This kid is really something.

"Yah! Why are you saying thank you to your hyung first, and not me?"

Kyuhyun smiled sheepishly and thanked Jung eum.

"Thank you noona."

"Hmp. Whatever. Wear those clothes later. We will have dinner in our house."

"Wait... What? Why in your house?"

"Why? Am I not allowed to have dinner in my own house? Don't you want to meet your new hyung?"

Kyuhyun was so confused of what's happening.

"Huh?"

Jung eum looked at Kyuhyun with a pokerface.

"Are you sure you will graduate a valedictorian? You look stupid with your expression. Did you forget that we went to Japan to pick up my younger brother?"

Ji Sung smiled at the two persons' argument. He also told Kyuhyun that his new hyung wants to meet him.

"Kyuhyun-ah, your new hyung wants to meet you. Don't worry. He is playful and a bit naughty, but he is good."

Kyuhyun sighed in resignation. He doesn't have much of a choice.

"Okay. I'll go to your house later."

Jung eum smiled and did a fist pump in the air.

"Good. I'll expect you later. Annyeong Kyuhyun-ah."

"Annyeong Jung eum noona, Annyeong Ji Sung hyung."

The couple left and Kyuhyun followed them with a stare until the two disappeared from his sight. Kyuhyun sighed heavily. Everytime that he will think of something that is not good, the couple will just suddenly appear like some kind of a super hero, and prevents him from doing anything. If Jung eum and Ji Sung didn't come to see him today, maybe he is also dead by now. After contemplating on some things, he decided to go down from the school's rooftop. He is halfway down the stairs when someone came rushing up the stairs and bumped him. Causing for his things to drop and scatter on the stairs. But instead of helping him pick up his things, the person who bumped him didn't even glanced back and instead went straight to the school's rooftop. Kyuhyun smirked. He angrily picked up his things and followed the other person on the rooftop. When he arrived there, he saw that person running towards the edge of the rooftop. Kyuhyun shouted at the person since he is really pissed off.

"YAH!!! You! Won't you even say sorry that you bumped into me and I dropped my things?"

The said person stopped running and faced Kyuhyun.

"Sorry. There. Are you happy now?"

Kyuhyun was shocked to see the person. It was the junior student who bumped at him last time!

"You again?! Do you really like bumping into people?"

Sungmin looked away from Kyuhyun.

"Can you just leave me alone?"

Kyuhyun went to Sungmin's direction and towered the other student.

"As far as I know. This is a school property. So everyone is free to go here. You don't have a name carved in this building, do you?"

Sungmin is already on the verge of crying. But he held it. He doesn't want anyone seeing him cry.

"Can you just at least not talk to me?"

"Okay. Fine. I don't mind not talking to you."

Kyuhyun turned his back and was about to leave, when he heard someone sniffing. he stopped on his tracks and turned back. He saw the student crying. He went to him, then Kyuhyun asked.

"Yah, are you okay?"

Sungmin didn't answered so Kyuhyun handed him a handkerchief. But instead of taking it, Sungmin just looked at it and contnued crying. Kyuhyun then squeezed the handkerchief between Sungmin's hands and then left. Before completely leaving, he remembered something...

"By the way, don't blow on my handkerchief. And make sure to wash it. Because if we meet again, I'll get it from you."

After saying that, Kyuhyun left for his class and Sungmin was left speechless....

 

 

A/N:

Hello JOYers! Are you excited for the next chapter? Just relax. We are just starting the story. Either way, if you have comments please feel free to leave it in the comment box. Saranghae!