Angels hidden inside the strangers body

Secret

A/N:

Hello JOYers! I mentioned in the last chapter that I will be adding characters. I decided to add Hwang Jung Eum and Ji Sung. Since I am a fan of their dramas, Secret and Kill Me, Heal Me. Please look forward to their characters. :D

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Samsung Medical Center

When Kyuhyun woke up, he is already lying on a hospital bed. He saw his boss, looking after him. He tried to sit up immediately and greeted his boss.

"A-Annyeonghaseyo.."

His boss faced him, her face ull of concern and curiousity at the same time.

"What happened to you? Why are you full of wounds and bruises? Were you engaged in a fight?"

Kyuhyun shook his head and just smiled timidly.

"No ma'am. I just have a problem."

"Problem you say? Look at you. That is not what a problem can inflict to a person. You know what, if you won't tell me what the reason is, its your choice. I shouldn't have brought you here in the hospital. You were exactly like my brother. You are both hard - headed."

Kyuhyun smiled and felt grateful for the concern that his boss is showing to him.

"Thank you for bringing me here in the hospital. Just kindly deduct the hospital expenses from my salary."

"Aish! Why are you like that?! Do I look like I will neglect you?"

Jung eum (Kyuhyun's boss) heaved a sigh.

"You know what? I want to take care of you. I can see my brother in you. You were really like him. Stubborn."

Kyuhyun smiled at this and said sorry to Jung eum.

"Boss, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience." Kyuhyun then bowed his head and sighed.

Jung eum is just watching him silently, then she held his shoulder.

"You know Kyuhyun, you can tell me what really the problem is. Is it money? I can let you borrow."

Kyuhyun is ashamed to admit, but opportunity is already on his hands. All he need to do is grab it.

"The truth is... I will borrow money..."

"Oh. Then why didn't you tell me?"

"...for my mother's chemotherapy."

Jung eum was shocked to hear what Kyuhyun said.

"Excuse me? You said Chemotherapy?"

Kyuhyun told Jung eum everything that happened to his family in the last few months. His father's inprisonment, his mom falling into sickness, and their savings almost gone from the bank now. Also to the abuse that he received from Mr. Lee's men. While listening, Jung eum can't help but feel pity towards Kyuhyun. He is a young boy who is working and studying hard to help his family, but why does he have to experience such situation like this? She can't believe that a parent like Mr. Lee, would allow someone who is the same age as his children to be beaten up by his men.

"Why did you even went there? Did it ever crossed your mind that maybe he is also angry with you and your mother? Why didn't you just went to me and borrowed money?"

Kyuhyun bit his lip and smiled timidly. "I don't want to drag you in my problem ma'am, and I don't want to bother you also."

Jung eum held Kyuhyun's hand and looked at him. 

"Kyuhyun, we almost had the same situation back then. So I understand you. The only difference, is that I have a brother to raise. If you would allow me, I would like to be your older sister. I want to guide you and help you."

Kyuhyun was surprised to hear Jung eum's proposal. She wanted him to be her brother? Kyuhyun wants to object but Jung eum made it final.

"Call me noona. From now on, you are my younger brother. Araseo?"

"M-ma'am..."

"Annyeong dongsaeng. Tomorrow once you wake up, call me immediately. We will process everything that is needed for your mother's chemotherapy."

After Jung eum said those, she left Kyuhyun who is still speechless. By the time that she reached the hospital's parking lot, she went inside a black car that is parked just meters from the elevator. She happily greeted the man in the driver's seat who is also her boyfriend.

"Oppa. Why didn't you go inside? I was waiting for you earlier."

Ji Sung (Jung eum's boyfriend) just smiled and hugged his girlfriend.

"I'm just okay here. How is he?"

Jung eum sighed and faced her lover

"He has a lot of problems... I really feel bad for him. Why does he have to experience those?"

"Why? What happened?"

Jung eum told Ji Sung everything that Kyuhyun told her. Even Ji Sung can't believe on what he has heard.

"I can't believe this. Mr. Lee is too much. If he is angered by the crime that Kyuhyun's father did, Why does he have to do that to him and his mother?"

"That is also the same thing that I don't understand." Jung eum turned to Ji Sung.

"Oppa. Can you please do me a favor? I hope you will do this for me"

Ji Sung felt nervous. What favor does his girlfriend want?

"What favor is it? Its making me nervous."

"Ahm... I want to help Kyuhyun regarding his dad's case"

"Hm.. What is the connection of that to the favor that you want to ask?"

Jung eum smiled sweetly and hugged Ji Sung's arm.

"Oppa, You don't have any court cases that you lost. Right? You are a lawyer. So I was hoping that you could take a look at the case of Kyuhyun's father and review it. There could still be a chance. Even just lowering down his jail sentence."

Ji Sung smiled sheepishly. Almost laughing.

"Whew! Jung eum-ah. I thought what it was already. I was really nervous. But don't worry. I will start to take a look at it by tomorrow."

Ji Sung elbowed Jung eum on her side.

"You're really acting like his noona now."

"We almost had the same experience back then. The difference is... I have a brother to raise. So as long as I can, I want to help Kyuhyun."

"Don't worry. I'm with you in this."

After saying those, Ji Sung hugged Jung eum. Unknown to Kyuhyun, two people are secretly working to help him and his family.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• The next morning:

When Kyuhyun woke up, he immediately called Jung eum. Jung eum then went to the hospital. They were on his mother's room. Kyuhyun, Jung eum and Ji Sung. The nurses are preparing Kyuhyun's mother for an examination, to check on her condition if she can handle the chemotherapy. Kyuhyun and Jung eum went closer to Kyuhyun's mother. Hanna, then held Jung eum's hand. She can barely talk, due to her condition. Jung eum decided to greet Mrs. Cho first.

"Annyeonghaseyo eommeoni."

Jung eum almost choke on her tears when she saw Kyuhyun's mother started to talk.

"A-ann-yeong-h-has-seyo. P-pl-please... take care of our Kyuhyun..."

At this rate, Jung eum can't hold her taers anymore.

"Eommeoni, please be strong. You will be receiving medication."

Mrs. Cho held Kyuhyun's hand tightly. He also held his mother's hand.

"I love you so much son..." Hanna said while tears streamed down her eyes.

"...you and your father. I'm sorry if I was not able to take care of you and fulfill my duty as your mother..."

"Kyuhyun didn't bother to hold back his tears. Why is he so nervous of what his mother is saying?

"Umma... please don't say that. You didn't lacked in fulfilling your duties. You and appa have raised me very well.."

"I love you Kyuhyun-ah... always remember that..."

"I love you too, umma..."

Fear filled Kyuhyun's system when his mom slowly closed her eyes. He then felt her hand loosing its grip on him.

"U-umma? Umma! Umma wake up!!! Umma..."

Kyuhyun then turned to the nurse in the room.

"Nurse, what's happening? What is happening with my mother?"

The nurse called the doctor and then attended Mrs. Cho. The two medical person was then assisted by other nurses who came shortly after the doctor. Kyuhyun witnessed how the doctor and nurses tried to revive his mother. Kyuhyun is silently praying that God will not allow his mother to go.... But his hopes died down when the doctor mentioned...

"Time of death. 9:45 AM."

The nurse and doctors left. And Kyuhyun can't believe what he is seeing. Jung eum covered from shock and cried hard. Kyuhyun then rushed to his mother's side and shook her.

"Umma!!! Umma wake up!!! Umma please... please wake up... umma... umma...."

Kyuhyun doesn't want to believe. The doctor might just have gave up on his mom easily. There is still chance. This is not true. His mom is not dead. Jung eum and Ji Sung tried to get Kyuhyun away from his mother, but he is a strong boy for his age. He is fighting off so they decide to let the doctor inject him with sedative. So that he would calm down and fall asleep. When Kyuhyun calmed down and started to fall asleep, Jung eum with tears in her eyes turned to Ji Sung.

"Oppa, help me arrange his mother's burial and cremation."

Ji Sung just nodded and hugged Jung eum.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

• Seoul Correctional Detention Cell:

Younghwan received a bad news. A very bad news. His beloved wife passed away. His wife died without him on her side.. He can't even imagine what situation and pain his only son is going through...

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

• Cremation of Kyuhyun's mother:

The court allowed Younghwan to go out of jail for a day to attend his wife's cremation, and bringing it to the moratorium. That day, he also met the persons who looks after Kyuhyun. He asked for their help in guiding Kyuhyun and to take care of him.

"I'm really happy that my son have friends like you. Please take care of my son. There's no one to look after him."

Jung eum smiled and held Mr. Cho's hand.

"Don't worry abeoji. We will take care of Kyuhyun."

Ji Sung the told Kyuhyun's dad about the case filed against him.

"Sir, I'm making sure to review everything regarding your case. There could still be a chance."

Younghwan just nodded. They turned to Kyuhyun who is still standing in front of his mother's columbary. They tried understanding him, since he is still coping up with his mother's loss. They know that it will not be easy for him, so they understand him. Later that afternoon, Younghwan was sent back to jail, bringing the bitter memories that this situation brought them.