Catastrophe Continues...

Secret

• Cho Residence:

Mrs. Cho is spacing out and crying non stop due to what happened. But she needs to be strong for Kyuhyun. She was cut off from her thoughts when the door of their house opened, and Kyuhyun came in. Her son is really happy. He is holding a trophy. She was not mistaken. Her son again won in the National Math Olympics, and bagged the championship title.

"Umma, where's appa?"

Mrs. Cho is still not on her right mind, and a bit unstable due to the turn of events. So she stuttered when she replied to her son.

"Ah.. H-he he's... Son, your appa just a-attended something important."

Her actions were left unnoticed by Kyuhyun.

"Umma, is there something wrong? Are you okay?"

Mrs. Cho was not able to hold her emotions anymore. She hugged her son and told him the truth. When Kyuhyun learned what happened, he immediately consoled his mother. They then decided to go to the jail where his father is detained, to see how he is and to check on his condition.

"Appa, what happened? Why did they put you in jail?" Kyuhyun cried while talking to his father

"I don't know son. I don't have any idea on why all of the evidences are pointed against me."

"Appa, I'll get you out of here. I have money that I kept from the prizes that I won from the competitions. We can use that for your bail."

Mrs. Cho somehow, felt a bit of hope on what their son said. But it was quickly replaced by sadness again after hearing what her husband said.

"Son, the case that they filed against me is non bailable.. I can't bail out for my temporary freedom."

"What?! B-but Appa..."

The police officer then went to them and stopped their conversation.

"Enough with the talk. The visiting hours is already over."

"B-but officer, we just arrived and we haven't even spent an hour talking."

"Kid, just follow what I said."

Kyuhyun then turned to his mom.

"Umma, why are they like that?"

Mrs. Cho just told her son to follow what the officer said.

"Kyuhyun-ah, let's just go home. We will just go back here tomorrow."

Mrs. Cho then turned to her husband "We will go back here tomorrow. We will get you out of here..."

Mr. Cho, seeing his wife and son being in that situation also started crying.

"Take care. Both of you. Hanna, please take care of Kyuhyun. Take good care of him."

"I promise. I will take care of our son."

Kyuhyun and his mom left the place. When they reached their house, his mom started crying again. This is the first time that he saw his mom crying so much, and it hurts him since he can't do anything.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

• Funeral Home : Mrs. Lee's Wake

Ryeowook and Sungmin are both crying in front of thir mother's coffin. But among the two, Ryeowook is the one who is crying so much, while Sungmin don't even notice the tears that falls down from his eyes. Sungmin starts to think that life is really unfair for them. Why is it that their mom who is kind and loving, has to receive this kind of crime? And what's worse is that, the person who did the crime was one of the persons that they trust so much -- their family driver. Sungmin's train of thoughts were cut off when he noticed their father's presence.

"Sungmin, bring Ryeowook home. I will stay here to process your mother's cremation tomorrow morning. You go home now. Take care of your brother." Mr. Lee told his son, with a voice void of any emotion.

"B-but appa... I don't want to go home yet..." Ryeowook said while crying.

Sungmin turned to his brother and convinced hm to just follow what their father had said.

"Ryeowook please. Don't be stubborn. Let's go."

He then, turned to their father and bid goodbye, which the latter just nodded.

The brothers went home. And as what had their father planned, the cremation took place the next morning. Their dad doesn't want the incident to become a bigger issue. So they decided to process the cremation quickly.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

• 3 months later...

Mrs. Cho is now having problems on where she will get the money to enroll Kyuhyun in college. Their bank savings is almost gone now, since it is where they get their daily expenses. She can't also find a decent job like before, due to Mr. Lee's influence. She is just selling accessories on the sidewalk, so that she can at least provide daily allowance for Kyuhyun. She is currently keeping the goods she sells when she felt dizzy and lost her conciousness. When she woke up, she's already in a hospital and Kyuhyun is with her.

"Umma, How are you feeling?" Kyuhyun asked upon seeing that his mom had gained her conciousness.

"Kyuhyun? Kyuhyun-ah? Why am I here?"

Seeing his mother like that, Kyuhyun broke down in tears and held his mom's hand.

"Umma, You lost your conciousness while you were on the sidewalk. Please stop doing it already. It's not safe for you anymore. I can just apply for a part time job, so that we will have an income."

Mrs. Cho smiled and patted her son's head upon hearing what he said.

"Kyuhyun-ah, I'm your mom. You are my responsibility, so I should be the one working."

"But umma... I want to help."

"If you really want to help, waht you just have to do is to study well. You don't have to think of other things."

His mom smiled a small smile. Kyuhyun just agreed on it for the meantime. He just looked at his mom. But he is thinking. Maybe it's not that bad if he will not let his mom know that he will apply for a part time job.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

•Lee Residence:

Sungmin and Ryeowook are talking while having their dinner.

"Hyung, Is appa here?"

Sungmin faced Ryeowook and plastered a pokerface.

"Wookie-ah, you should not look for appa anymore. We both know that he will come home drunk again."

Ryeowook pouted at this, and can't help to make a comment

"I hate appa. Why is he like that? Why does he have to drown himslef in alcohol?"

"We should be the one to understand our father first. Maybe he is still coping up with umma's loss."

"You know what Sungmin, I noticed that our house helpers decreased. Where are the others?"

Sungmin was caught off guard with Ryeowook's question. But he didn't let Ryeowook see his emotion.

"Appa said that we should be independent already. So... he sent the others home."

He looked at Ryeowook ad it seems that he believed what he said. But deep inside Sungmin, he knew it was a lie. Unknown to his brother, their company is losing big amounts of money since their mother's death. And what Sungmin fears is that, his dad is slowly becoming an alcoholic. The members of the board are having secret meetings to discuss if they should still invest their shares in their company. It was not unknown to him that for the past 3 months, there are many things that had changed. And one of it is the continuous pull out of shares by their investors. He can't just keep quiet and watch. He needs to make a move...

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Hello JOYers! Done with the third chap! Sorry if its not that much. I will try my best to update tomorrow. Just kindly leave your comments in the comment box. Author will take a rest now. Annyeong!