Tears Stole the Heart

Secret

After several months, Kyuhyun moved on with his life. His father, the only person he has in his life. He will study hard, so that he can graduate and find work. He will then make sure to get his father out of the prison. With Ji Sung's determination to help his father, they found out that his father has a chance to go out of jail, since there is a witness who wants to testify for Mr. Cho. Kyuhyun and Jung eum are getting ready to visit Kyuhyun's father in the detention cell, and tell him the good news.

Upon enetring the place, sad stares welcomed Kyuhyun. When they reached the table of the police officer who is in charge of the visiting schedule, instead of escorting them to the visiting area, they were brought to a different place.

"Noona, where is the officer taking us?"

"I don't know. We will know later."

Kyuhyun and Jung eum's eyes almost fell out of their eye sockets when they read the door signage: Morgue.

The police officer told them to go in. Kyuhyun can't explain but he feels really scared and nervous. It is the same exact feeling he had when he lost his mother months ago. The officer stood beside a dead body. the police opened the blanket covering the body and Kyuhyun almost lost his conciousness upon seeing the face of the dead body.

"Appa..?"

The time Kyuhyun's tears fell, was the exact time Jung eum gasped. The police officer handed Kyuhyun a folded paper, to which he assumed a letter. Kyuhyun got the letter and looked at the police with a confused look.

"What is this sir?"

"It's a suicide letter we found in your father's things."

Kyuhyun was shocked to hear what the police said.

"Suicide note?! My appa won't do this. He is not the kind of man who will resort in doing this..."

"Your father was found hanging inside the bathroom. We tried to revive him. But, he is not responding anymore. I'm sorry."

I'm sorry. That is the same exact line that Kyuhyun has been hearing eversince his father got convicted. It won't even make his life better if they say it. But why does he have to hear it over and over again? Kyuhyun then just felt Jung eum hugged him.

"Kyuhyun-ah..."

Kyuhyun went closer to his dad's body. Unable to believe that he is facing his father, who is already lifeless.

"Appa... why? why did you leave me? appa..."

Kyuhyun hugged his father's lifeless body. Of all the people, why is it that his father have to experience this? Why his family? They were just living a simple life. He swore beside his father to let the person who did this pay whatever damage he did to his family.

"Appa... I promise you. I will make the person who did this pay for everything. I will let him pay in whatever way."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the cremation of Kyuhyun's father, he decided to go back to school. He used his parents' death as his inspiration in school, to make his performance even better. Kyuhyun will graduate as the High school class valedictorian next month. It is a good news. But the only thing that makes him sad is that, no one will put on him the medals and recognitions that he will get.

Kyuhyun is currently walking to his class when a junior high student bumped into him. The said student asked if he is okay and  asked for an apology.

"I'm really sorry. Are you okay?"

 But instead of answering politely, Kyuhyun spat him the mistake he did.

"What do you think?! Are you stupid to even ask? What if I bumped with you like that?"

The student can't contain his emotion. Why is this guy suddenly got mad at him? He remembered, he said sorry.

"Why are you even getting angry? I said sorry."

"Why? Can your apology bring back what happened? No, right? So why bother saying sorry? You're just the same as others."

Kyuhyun then turned his back on the said student and went directly to his class. The said student picked up his name plate which maybe dropped when he bumped the senior student. The name plate reads: Lee Sungmin.

Sungmin huffed his cheeks in embarassment with the senior student. He is really confused as to why is the other student is so angry when he bumped him. Sungmin just shrugged his shoulders and went to his class.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Kyuhyun's class, he went to the cafe where he is working. Kyuhyun is currently the one supervising the cafe. Since Jung eum is not in Korea. She is in Japan to pick up her younger brother. After his shift, Kyuhyun went home directly. When he reached their house, he was then again accompanied by sadness and emptiness. He went to his desk and sat there. He smiled faintly about the last memory that he shared on that place with his father. Minuyes later, Kyuhyun fell asleep due to overthinking.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Lee Residence:

Sungmin is busy with his homework, while Ryeowook is playing games on his PSP. Sungmin turned to Ryeowook and scolded him for just playing games and not doing his homework.

"Ryeowook, why are you not doing your homework?"

"I'm tired Sungmin..." Ryeowook said. His eyes still focused on his PSP.

Sungmin heaved a sigh. His brother is becoming more stubborn as the days go by.

"Wookie-ah. Please. It's not only you who lost mom. Were the share the same situation. So please, focus on your studies."

Instead of listening to Sungmin, Ryeowook answered with sarcasm.

"Wow. When did you start learning to sermon me like that?"

"Ryeowook, can you please stop. Come back to your senses. Mom is gone, dad is also starting to drift away from us. And I feel like you're doing that also."

Ryeowook can't help but laugh at Sungmin's sentiment.

"Hey. Stop saying that. I'm not going anywhere."

Sungmin just looked at his brother and puffed his cheeks.

"Whatever. Just do what I say."

Ryeowook laughed at Sungmin's reaction, but he just decided to follow his hyung's order.

"Okay. If you say so."

While reading his lessons, Ryeowook thought of the same thing that his brother thought. Sungmin is also the only one that's left to him. Indeed, their dad is slowly drifting away from them. He is not going home lately, so yeah. It feels like they lost their own father too. Ryeowook was startled when Sungmin talked again.

"Wookie-ah, you wake up early tomorrow since you have school. You have to go to school tomorrow by yourself. I will not be in school tomorrow morning. I'll just go to school in the afternoon."

Ryeowook wondered if Sungmin has something important to do. Why does he have to be absent in school?

"Huh?! You don't have a habit of being absent. Why are you not going to school tomorrow?"

Sungmin scratched his head. Contemplating whether to tell Ryeowook the reason or not. But he chose to just keep mum about it.

"I just need to do domething important tomorrow. I'll go to school in the afternoon, so don't worry."

Sungmin smiled, but Ryeowook is persistent to know the reason.

"What is it exactly that you won't tell me the reason why you'll be absent? Do you want me to accompany you?"

Sungmin shook his head and declined his brother's offer.

"Uhm.. no. I'm fine. I can manage."

Sungmin looked at Ryeowook. He appears convinced. But Ryeowook turned to him again and asked him.

"Are you sure?" Ryeowook then plastered a knowing smile.

"You're keeping a secret from me. If I know, you have a lover Sungmin. But if there really is, don't keep it a secret from me. Okay?"

Sungmin almost choke from his own saliva with his brother's statement.

"What are you blabbering about?! Can you please stop about that nonesense? I don't have any time for that. So please. Don't try to bug me with that nonesense again."

Ryeowook laughed and teased Sungmin even more.

"Okay. If you say so."

Sungmin pouted since his brother seems to be suspicious of him having a "lover"

"Aish! You do your assignment! Do what you want!"

Sungmin left Ryeowook who is still laughing. He went upstairs and to his room. He then locked his room's door and heaved a sigh. What he is about to do, is something that Ryeowook should definitely not know...