The Start of Everything

Secret

• 2006: Seoul, South Korea

 

Everyone is busy, in preparation for Lee Corporation's 11th anniversary. The CEO of the company, Lee Chunhwa is also ecstatic in making sure that everything is perfect for the event.

A lady in her late 30s came toward him. She is Kim Hanna. Mr. Lee's secretary.

"Mr. Lee, you have a meeting scheduled."

"We are all busy here. I don't think I can do the meeting."

"Well, I can just call the office and tell them to cancel it for you."

Mr. Lee smiled at this. He is really thankful that he hired his secretary. She is very responsible and hardworking, like her husband who is their family driver.

"Okay. Do that. Thank you."

Before his secretary left, he remembered something and asked her to do it.

"Oh. By the way, can you please tell your husband to pick up my sons from the house? They are so stubborn that they won't go to this event by themselves."

Ms. Kim smiled at this and nodded.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A car is parked in front of the venue. Inside were the sons of Lee Corporation. Sungmin and Ryeowook. Sungmin is the eldest son and is the heir to their business. He is currently 17 years old and Ryeowook is a year younger. They got out of the car and headed to the party. While walking, Sungmin's ear caught Ryeowook's whine. He faced his brother and talked to him.

"Wookie-ah, what's the problem?"

Ryeowook rolled his eyes and pouted. "You know that I don't like going to parties intended for old people right?"

Sungmin sighed and tried his best to explain to his brother why they had to be present at the event. "Ryeowook, we are the sons of Lee Corporation. Every event that has something to do with the company, we are expected to go. We also promised Dad that we would attend the event. We don't want to disappoint him, right?"

"I know but still...."

"No buts. We'll just show ourselves that we are present. And after that, I'll ask Dad if we can go home."

Ryeowook is still not satisfied. But nonetheless, he agreed. Sungmin is really a good brother and a good son. He will do everything to make Ryeowook and his dad happy.

The brothers attended the party and greeted the guests, but after a few hours, they decided to go home since Ryeowook was having tantrums. While they were in their car on their way home, Sungmin was having a conversation with their driver.

"Ahjussi, do you have kids?"

Their driver smiled upon remembering his son. Then he started telling details about him.

"Yes. I have a son, but he doesn't like going out."

Sungmin pouted and felt a little disappointed since he wanted to make new friends

"Really? I hope you can bring him to our house. We want to be friends with him."

Their driver is really happy, these kids are surely not the typical type of "Rich Kids" that are arrogant and cocky. These kids were raised well by their parents and both of them have a pure heart.

"Okay. I'll try to convince him. Actually... I think you are just about the same age. He's a year ahead of you."

Ryeowook seemed to be pleased with what he heard and couldn't contain his reaction.

"Really? Sungmin that's cool! We'll have a new friend."

Sungmin just smiled at this. Even his brother seemed to be excited about meeting their new friend.

 

Ryeowook and Sungmin arrived at their mansion which is located in an exclusive subdivision. After they got out of the car, their driver told them that he'd be going, to which the brothers just nodded. While on his way to the venue of the company's anniversary, he remembered to check on his son at their home. Tonight his son is alone again since he and his wife have to work in order to support his studies. Upon reaching their house, he parked the car and went straight to their home. He went upstairs and knocked on his son's room. He didn't wait for him to open the door and just opened it by himself. He saw his son studying, he went to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Kyuhyun-ah, it's already late. Are you not done studying?"

"Not yet. But don't worry. I'm almost finished."

Mr. Cho smiled at this. His son is indeed a hardworking and smart kid. He always makes sure to complete his schoolwork and study to get good grades.

"Appa, our school chose me to be the representative for the Math competition in Busan. How I wish that even just you or Umma could go with me."

Mr. Cho heaved a sigh. He really wanted to show his support for his son, but the type of work they have won't make it easy to go with him.

"Kyuhyun-ah, you know that our bosses need us every time to work for them right?"

Kyuhyun nodded and his dad ruffled his hair

"But don't worry. I'll try to ask permission from our boss if one of us can take a day off on the day of your competition. They're nice persons so I think they might consider it."

Kyuhyun was really happy that he hugged his father

"Really? Thank you, Appa!"

"You better go to bed now. I'll have to go back to the company's anniversary party. Don't wait for me and your umma. You have to sleep first since you have school tomorrow."

Kyuhyun nodded and his father went out of his room. He heard receding footsteps and the sound of the door closing. He went to the window of his room and saw the car his father driving go off. After that, he decided to go to sleep and get ready for another day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Hi guys! Sorry, the first chapter is not that much. I'm an amateur writer so please bear with me :)

Are you excited for the next chapter? Well not me 'cause I know what will happen (Of course, I write the story so I know. Crazy author. hahahahahaha)

If you have any comments please don't hesitate to leave it in the comment box. I'll greatly appreciate your comments. 

:))))