Start

Black Umbrella

Hanbin stares at Jinhwan’s face. Those black circles under his eyes are obviously clear and that small body of his is giving an aura telling everyone ‘I’m stressed so don’t with me’. Since morning, the look of distress on his face had never fade, making Hanbin wonder, what kind of problem is his best friend facing.

“Hey”

 

“Jinhwan”

 

“YA KIM JINHWAN!!!” Hanbin screamed earning not just Jinhwan’s attention but the whole class. All eyes are on the duo making both of them blush for a while. Thank goodness Mr Choi is not here yet or both of them have to hear a long lecture after class and trust me, your ears would be red until night fall.

“What’s your problem dude?!” Jinhwan hissed, ashamed with the people’s stares.

“I’m the one who should be asking you that, what’s YOUR problem?”

“I’m perfectly fine!”

“No you’re not”

“And how do you know that?”

“Tch”

“‘Tch’ is not an answer”

“I’ve known you for a long time dude”

“Seriously, I’m perfectly fine”

“Is this related to that Koo Junhoe guy?”

“… N-No, it’s not!”

“I figured”

Silence escapes Jinhwan’s mouth as he tried to say something that is stuck in his throat. Hanbin stares at him for a while before leaving out a soft sigh as he turned his gaze in front, watching as Mr Choi entered the class with his annoying signature greeting, now, pull out your homework please.

The whole lecture about science and biology had never entered Jinhwan’s ears. His mind kept thinking about all the events that happened yesterday that is related to a tall guy named Koo Junhoe. At the bleachers, at the graveyard and at his house. Well the thing is, before yesterday, his head is full of questions related to that guy but now… it’s just the face. From his eyes, nose, lips to his eyebrows, nostrils, jawlines… literally everything about that amazingly handsome face is in Jinhwan’s head. It’s funny right?

And when he thought about lips, that thick red lips, looking so soft, moist and tender, Jinhwan had never felt so sinful. His heart rate increase to a rate that he had never felt before and it’s not comfortable. Its freaking annoying how his face would heat up and he would mentally slap himself for thinking like that.

He tried to think of something else, focusing on what Mr Choi is currently teaching which still doesn’t go straight to his head. Then, when the tall teacher suddenly talked about human tears, the vision of the classroom dims, revealing Junhoe kneeling on the ground in front of him, crying his eyes out.

The view was the same as yesterday except for the fact that Junhwan was standing beside him while watching HIMSELF sheltering the crying Junhoe from being wet soaked due to the rain.

“He misses you, you know” Jinhwan said as he watches ‘himself’ walked away with Junhoe by his side.

“I know” Junhwan answered short. An awkward silence pasts as Junhwan tried to touch a rose in front of his tombstone and sighs slowly. He looks to the sky, watching as rain continues to pour down on both of them.

Jinhwan stares at the figure. Though, occupied with an umbrella, Junhwan doesn’t seem to need it as he’s literally a ghost so he’s not opaque or whatever. Every droplets of rain just passed through him like he wasn’t there. So does Jinhwan.

The white roses captured Jinhwan’s sight and he quickly remembered what happened this morning. He woke up due to a gust of wind, brushing his face and the feeling of rough flowers in his hands. Bougainvilleas are there, composed neatly on his palms.

“Did you entered my dreams last night?” Junhwan looked at him for a while before nodding. Yes, he did appeared in his dreams but Jinhwan couldn’t recall anything from last night and that confuses him.

“I don’t remember anything”

“I intend to”

“Why?”

“Because I told you everything” Jinhwan furrowed his eyebrows. Everything? What does he mean?

“Is it worth forgetting?”

“Yes and no”

“What do you mean?” (Please don’t sing)

“Those things that I told you, it was too much. I thought you can handle it but I was wrong. You cried” the hint of sadness was clear in his eyes, reminding Jinhwan about Junhoe last night, how he looked almost the same with his cloudy eyes.

“But” he continues “not all things that are said are completely forgotten” he touches Jinhwan’s cheek, caressing it softly, feeling the warmth transferred into his cold palm.

“When the time comes, you’ll remember and by that time you’re ready to face them” Junhwan said as he turned around, dissolving in thin air.

 

 

 

“Wait!” Jinhwan screamed as he tried to grab hold on Junhwan’s hand but failed. The taller boy turned his head towards Jinhwan, a sign for him to continue.

 “Who’s them?”

“When the time comes” with that, Junhwan completely disappears and what replaces his face totally caught Jinhwan off guard.

A death glare from Mr Choi.

~*~

If you thought that Jinhwan is going for detention, then you’re completely right!

But also wrong.

At first, Jinhwan was lectured on spot by Mr Choi, making some of the students sigh in relief. Why? Because, instead of talking about the human skull, he’s now talking about morals and discipline, and all of those are for that small little boy who slept in his class.

30 minutes pass ending Mr Choi’s class also signing that it’s recess, and still Mr Choi isn’t satisfied with his ‘lecture’ and asked Jinhwan to follow him to the teacher’s room to… you know. But, as a good friend Hanbin could be, he lied told Mr Choi about Jinhwan feeling unwell, reasoning with him using those eyebags under Jinhwan’s eyes. Well, that fooled the tall teacher enough as he left the class with still unsatisfied mouth. Maybe he’ll let it go with some other student in his next class.

“You owe me a chocolate pudding and an explanation” Hanbin said not looking at the petite boy beside him as he gathered his books and put them inside his bag. Weird for not getting answer, he turn his head to see Jinhwan spacing out again.

“Dude”

“…”

“I’m so tired of this ” he whispered to himself as he left the daydreaming boy, heading towards the canteen to buy his own chocolate pudding.

 

~*~

 

Junhoe was resting on his bed. He returned home early that morning after Jinhwan went to school with Mrs Kim accompanying him. When he arrived, he simply thanks the woman and closed the door rather rudely before climbing the stairs, heading towards his room. He stopped his tracks when another woman, a really beautiful one, is standing in front of him with her hands on her hips. She was about to scold the boy before she realised the pale face the boy is wearing.

“Oh my God, are you okay?” she reached for Junhoe but was simply pushed away.

“Sorry, I currently have a fever and I don’t want to make you sick, mom” the tall boy smiled before continued his journey towards his room which is only a few steps away. He walked past her, entered his room before closing it weakly.

As he lays on his bed, his mind was left in Jinhwan’s house. The thought of his deceased brother watching over him was still clear on his mind.

“He watches over you, everyday, everytime. He couldn’t leave you alone, not yet I think. I find it weird too when he suddenly came to me. I honestly thought you were half ghost or something as I see ‘you’ the last two nights, in front of my house. Or maybe you’re a stalker because Junhwan wears black like all the time. It was creepy though. There’s already rumours about you walking around at night but I assume people mistook Junhwan for you….”

And Junhoe couldn’t hear the voice anymore because the surrounding suddenly slowed down. Jinhwan voiced echoes in his mind but he couldn’t make the words. He stares at the boy intensely. There’s something in his stomach, he feels like vomiting, his heart races rapidly, his breath increases and when he felt something warm holding his hand, he felt calm, am uncomfortable one.

Jinhwan was looking at him with worried eyes, mouthing something he couldn’t hear. He starts to sweat which is quite common for someone who had fever but this is completely not for the same reason.

His hand reaches Jinhwan face, brushing it slightly before he smiled and dozed off, leaving Jinhwan blushing alone.

Junhoe stares at his ceiling, for unknown reasons, he misses the small boy. He misses his voice. He misses his eyes. He misses his hair. He misses the heart-shaped mole on the right side of his cheek. And he misses the warmth that spread through his palms when their hands held. He misses Kim Jinhwan and he still don’t know why.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From the corner of the room, Junhwan stood silently, watching every bit of Junhoe’s actions and chuckled from time to time. Well, the start of a new relationship is beginning. He thought.

“Hyung” that surprised him. But Junhoe is not looking in his eyes. He’s not even looking at where he was standing. He can’t blame the younger though if he can’t see him.

“I know you’re there. I miss you. I really do but who is Kim Jinhwan to you?” the question was left hanging. Junhoe knew he couldn’t get the answer, well what was he expecting? He sighs before closing his eyes, slowly dozing off.

If only he turned his head towards the window, he’d probably see the three letters written on the smooth surface of the window.

RTB

 


 

Hai! You guys miss me? Haha after effortless struggles to update and finally

TBH OneHD is killing me! You see I hide all my iKON vids in a folder so I wont watch them because I have to control my feelings because I'm unable to go to iKoncert in Malaysia because probably I'll be entering college and it's past sunset which my mom wont allow me to go etc

okay and onehd is literally spamming iKON MVS and in HD and everytime I watch them, I cringed internally and I'll be screaming and crying hahaha

so for Malaysian iKONICS who are going, please tell Jinhwan that I love him and tell Junhoe to back off because by that day I'm dead

And as a token of forgiveness for updating so late, I added a new one shot in my one shot collection pairing Junhwan titled The Ocean is Red

Leave a comment because that's what encourage me

-akirazinan-