Distractions

Picture Perfect

 

Vogue Girl Korea Headquarters

5:20 PM

Location: Seoul, South Korea

 

"Cho Haena, Miss Cho Haena?" 

I looked up from my paperwork, annoyed at the distraction. President Lee had insisted that finish this by today, the stubborn man, because he wanted it ready for editing tomorrow, meaning that I would be working overtime. The joy.

"Deh?" I snapped, ready to poke some eyes out.  

"Ah, President Lee asked for you to go to the 10th floor, studio B." It was one of his many assistants, a fashionably dressed man whose name I had never learned.

"I can't," I told him. "I'm finishing these layouts for the next issue because President Lee said he wasnts them finished today."

"He has said now that those can be turned in tomorrow. The photographer for the photoshoot going on now has to rush away because his daughter fell off of the swings or something. President Lee wants you to finish the shoot because there is only a few more left." 

I groaned. So I had stressed to do all of that work for nothing? Great.

I took the elevator to the 10th floor, and couldn't help but grin when the door to studio B opened, and I saw who  was inside. It was him.

“You, photographer-nim,” G-dragon, Kwon Jiyong, cheered, breaking into a big smile again and hurrying up to me.

“Why is it you again?” I asked, faking a teasing groan as I started to adjust the cameras the way I liked them to be.

“Big Bang will be comeback soon so we can getting all of this done early,” he told me. “Are you a fan of us, Miss. Cho Haena?”

“I’ll be sure to buy your album,” I replied, dryly.

He followed behind me as I moved on to the enxt set of cameras. “So I’m free for dinner Tuesday night,” he told me, raising an eyebrow.

“That’s…nice.” Oh, not this again.

“Did you get my note last time?” he asked, grinning at me. Seriously, Jiyong was very possibly the most straight forward guy that I have ever met. But then again, being just that famous and popular probably did that to a person's ego.

“Yes, I did,” I answered.

“Let’s go out for dinner then, hum? How about it”

“I don’t think an idol should seem that desperate for a dinner date,” I told him. “It’s ruining your suave image.”

“I think you’re worth ruining my image for.”

 

[Step #7: accept requests for dates from other guys]

 

“Fine”

“Really?” Jiyong looked surprised to have won me over so easily, and straighted up quickly.

“I said fine, don't make me change mind,” I told him, hiding a smile.

For the first time, I saw him blush, letting on that he wasn't as nonchalant as he seemed. "Great!" he said, offhandedly.

I watched as he turned, starting away towards me, and I yelled after him. "Hey, it's just dinner, okay?" 

It’s funny how fast a person’s mind changes. One dinner turns very quickly into several dates.


 

 Super Junior dorms

3:47 PM

Location: Seoul, South Korea

 

Starting out, I don’t think that Kyuhyun thought we were going to get along. We started off on a wrong foot, with me being rude to him as an elder, and then kicking his at a video game. But, it turned out that we got along the best, whether it be because of the smaller or mutual love for ketchup and gaming.

I spent a lot more free time at the Super Junior dorm now, mostly hanging out with Kyuhyun and sometimes Ryeowook. I tried being y to them, believe me, but it was impossible to stay heartless and mean to Wookie’s hurt expressions.

By that time, Winter had completely engulfed Seoul, which paved way for my favorite winter activity: snowball fights. However, the only people who I could harass into venturing with me into the white would was Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, and Siwon, so the four of us divided into teams. However, alliances were quickly forgotten as it turned more or less into all of us ganging up on Siwon, who still seemed to be winning.

An hour later and more or less soaked to the bone, we hurried back into the house and was met with hot chocolate from the other members.

“You should go change,” Leeteuk told me, not even turning to look at me as I came in. “You’re going to catch a cold if you stay in those clothes. I left some out for you in the bathroom.”

I tilted my head, studying him. I’m completely rude to him and he doesn’t seem to care at all, but I have a snowball fight with his friends and he gets annoyed? Well then.

I spun around and headed for the bathroom. Inside, I found a pair of red sweatpants with an elastic waist strap, as well as a white tshirt. Wondering whose clothes they were, I opened the door a crack, intent on find out,but froze when I heard voices from the kitchen.

“Hyung, come on, what’s with that face?” Eunhyuk was complaining and I heard the sound of a chair scrapping the floor.

“Just drink your hot chocolate, Hyuk,” Leeteuk replied.    

“Hyung, I was wrong,” Kyuhyun added. “Nana is totally cool. I think you’re the lucky one now for having her.”

All I heard was a whispered reply. “I know.”

That was the sweetest thing anyone had ever said about me and I sat down on the cold tiles, not sure what to do or think now.

Was what I was doing even right? I hadn't really even Jungsu or the whole fiance a chance at all. Was I really hurting Jungsu?


[A/N]: Sorry! I've been busy. Hu. hu. hu.