Five Years

Picture Perfect

“Nana, you look like a million dollars.” It was the voice of Park In Young calling out to me as she approached me, flowers in hand.

“You mean she looks priceless,” Minhye corrected.

“Ah, deh. Priceless.” In Young tucked the flowers into my hair, and stepped back, admiring her work. “There. It’s perfect.”

At that moment, Junho’s head poked into the door. “Are all you girls dressed and decent?”

“A little late to ask after you’ve already peeked in, isn’t it?” Minhye snapped.

“Yeobo, be nice to me. This is a special day,” he whined. Then Junho saw me, and let out a low wolf whistle. “Looking good, Cho Haena,” he said.

“Yah!” Minhye barked, drawling a laugh from her husband. She rolled her eyes at me, then started for the door. “I’m going to go keep an eye on this one, okay, Nana?”

“Deh,” I replied, smiling to myself as a happy Junho took her hand. They were just too cute together. In the last few years, Junho had signed to a major soccer league, and even played for South Korea in the FIFA tournament. Minhye had become his personally trainer, and they had gotten married after dating for only a year but really, they've known each other for so long that it was as if they'd been dating for centuries.

“You have about 20 more minutes before go-time, okay?” Junho told me before disappearing out the door.

20 minutes. Oh boy, here comes the nerves.

“Unni, can I have a moment to myself?” I asked.

“Of course dear,” In Young answered, reaching to pick up her purse. “I need to make sure that the others are all dressed and ready to go as well.”

The sound of the door slamming shut for a final time left the room enveloped in silence.

20 minutes.

I turned, carefully, to face the full length mirror and studied myself carefully. I had stopped dying my hair the reddish auburn color and had reverted back to my natural black hair. I looked older, more mature. The white wedding dress I was wearing was strapless, and a satin vail was attached to a pin in my hair. I looked very much like a fairytale princess.

20 minutes, and I was about to walk down the aisle. Just 20 minutes.

Just then, a soft knock came at the door. I looked up just as it was pushed open a crack, and to my surprise, Kwon Jiyong had poked his head in.

“Nana, can I come in?” he asked.

“Ah, Jiyong-ah!” I immediately waved him in.

He was dressed head to toe in Armani, a silver and black suit that looked expensive and luxurious.

“Wow, Nana-ah, you look amazing,” he said, reaching forward to give me a small hug.

“Thank you,” I replied. “And I’m so glad that you could make it here this afternoon.”

He grinned at me, sticking his hands into his pockets. “Well, I couldn’t miss this big event now, could I? I have to say…I was a little surprised when I got the invitation. I mean, I knew you had something else going on back when we, you know, but Park Jungsu? I had no idea.”

“And I’m still sorry about that, about us,” I told him. Let's be honest: I had more or less used him.  

“Aniyo, it’s okay,” he added hurridly. “Jungsu hyung is a great guy. I’m glad that if I had to lose, I lost to him.”

Suddenly, I had the urge….to cry. Oh no.

I think Jiyong noticed my watering eyes and quickly stood up, giving me a pat on the back. “Anyways, I have something for you.”

“For me?”

Jiyong held out his hand, and put a small blue jewel pin in my hand. “I know there’s that American custom for wedding days: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. I think you already have ‘new’ and this here can be old, borrowed, and blue. This is directly from G-Dragon’s jewelry collection, and it’ll bring you good luck.”

“That’s so sweet,” I said, now tearing up for real.

“Oh no, don’t cry or you’ll ruin your make-up.” Jiyong closed my fingers around the pin and turned towards the door. “I’ll see you out there, okay? 10 minutes, arasso?”

I nodded silently and watched him slip back out of the room. 10 minutes. The nerves were kicking in. I sat in dead silence for a few minutes, just listening to my heartbeat. Suddenly I realized that I needed company, that I needed someone to talk to.

As if answering my wished, Minah entered the room. “Unni, everyone is ready and seated.” Her blue eyes sparkled in excitement and she came up, pulling the pin out of my hand. “Do you want this on?”

I nodded, and she turned me around, trying different places to see where looked best.

Minah had grown in the past five years as well. She was still slim, she was still beautiful, and she was still rich. But Minah had learned to loosen up and trust people. In someways, she had gotten more youthful while I had gotten more mature.

“Minah, you’re next,” I told her over my shoulder.

She looked up at me, confused. “What, unni?”

“I said you and Donghae…you guys are next.”

I’ve spent quality time with Minah a few years ago and I knew that they were crazy about each other. Besides, Minah’s family all loved Donghae, and his family loved her. They had been dating for years, and hardly ever fought. Besides, she was 25 now and Donghae wasn't getting any younger, nearing 29, and I could definately see marriage in her future.

Minah blushed prettily, ducking her head. “Don’t say such things,” she chided.

At that moment, the door to the dressing room swung wide open and my father stood in the doorway dressed in a black suit.

“Are you ready, honey?” he asked, giving me a big smile. “Minah, thank you again for letting us hold this event at the Chae Luxe. Everything looks so nice here. But the other bridesmaids are already waiting, so you should go.”

“Deh, Mr. Cho, it’s no bother,” she bowed. Giving me one last hug, Minah strolled out of the room, leaving me with my father.

He held out his arm for me and I took it, slowly. “Shall we?” he asked.

I couldn’t breathe. Numbly, I nodded, and followed him out.

Crap. What if I tripped? What if I fell? What is something completely horrible happened and I-

The double doors to the ballroom hall opened and I heard the sound of the piano music drift out. My eyes snapped to Jungsu who was standing at the end of the velvet carpet and never left.

From just look he was giving me, the big smile and dancing eyes, I knew that it didn’t matter. It didn’t matter if I tripped, or if I fell. Nothing mattered except that today, I was getting married to Park Jungsu.

 

But I didn’t fall, thank the lord. The wedding went through just as planned, and then the reception that the Chae’s were hosting as a wedding present was also perfect. The decorations, the music, the food: it was everything that I had hoped it would be.

On my way back from the restroom to fix my hair, I heard voices down a side hallway and froze, recognizing them. Minah and Donghae had snuck away from the reception and were admiring the paintings in the hallway. His arm was wrapped securely around her waist, and I could see her leaning into him.

“I think this might be painting of a fruit basket,” Minah decided, tilting her head. “If you look at it from this angle….no, now it looks like a vase of weeds.”

Donghae laughed, pinching her cheek. “This is fun, isn’t it?” he asked.

Not wanting to interrupt their moment, I inched towards the hallway, hoping to pass them unnoticed.  

“I think today was just perfect. What do you think?”

“I think…I think you’d look great in a wedding dress.”

I didn’t hear Minah’s response as I rounded the corner, but I couldn’t help but smile. My little dongsaengs were so adorable.

Back in the reception, Jungsu caught me just as I was going in by the wrist, and pulled me towards the middle of the room. “You owe me a dance, Mrs. Park Jungsu,” he whispered into my ear, pulling me close.

 We swayed to the soothing music, and I could feel his heartbeat through his dress shirt.

“There are almost 7 billion people in this world, Cho Haena, and we’re just one of that 7 billion.” Leeteuk’s voice was low, meant only for me to hear. I smiled, remembering those familiar worlds. “In 7 billion people, aren’t you glad that you found me?”

“Found you?” I scoffed, pulling back to look him in the eye. “Puh-lease, Jungsu-ah. You walked into my bar. I think it’s better to say that you found me.”

“Well,” he replied, leaning forward and dropping a chaste kiss on my cheek. “I sure as hell am glad that I found you.”


[A/N]: Okay, this turned out perfect. afdsskdfsdh this story is over. Anyways :O As usual, Minah's main story is Crazy Beautiful, and I have new storyy: My Best Friend with EXO. Go sub! Links all below. 

I am going to let you on a little author's secret since this story just ended. G-Dragon's character was originally going to be Kim Hyun Joong. Random, right? But that chapter was around the time that Big Bang was making their comeback, and although I do not approve of GD's creepy long one-sided hair, his swagger in Bad Boy caused me to change my mind at the last moment. Just wanted to share that with you all! 

Thank you for sticking with me! I know I neglected this story a little at first, but I love you all. <3 <3 Leave me nice comments, alright? Also, if you liked it, please share it with your friends. Bye, see you guys in my next story!  ;)