The Calm Before The Storm

Picture Perfect

 

Terrace Crossing Apartments

10:03 AM

Location: Seoul, South Korea 

It was February when I started to wear my engagement ring. Truthfully, the ring was beautiful and didn’t deserve to sit in a box in a bedside drawer. The first person to noticed was actually Kyuhyun, who commented on it in between firing shots at zombies on the tv screen.

“Did hyung get that for you?” he asked, taking his eyes off of the game for a millisecond before swinging back. “It looks really expensive.”

“Get what?” Leeteuk called from the next room.

“Hyung doesn’t know? Yah, Cho Haena, are you wearing another man’s ring?”

“Bwohh?!” Leeteuk strolled in, jerking my hand up from my controller to his face level. Then, his apprehensive face relaxed into a smile. “Ani, that is mine. Don’t scare me like that, maknae.”

“You’re ridiculous,” I told him with a fake glare, blasting another zombie out of Kyuhyun’s way for him.

Seeing Leeteuk pout, I reached up with my right hand, tugging him down to sit next to me on the couch.

“Says the grown woman playing Sunday morning video games,” he huffed. Then, without warning, he proceeded to pull me onto his lap, settling in with his arm around my waist, chin on my shoulders.

“Yah….what….” I started, whispering.

“Just keep shooting those zombies,” he muttered back, but I couldn’t take my eyes off of his face. I had never seen him this serene and happy before, ever, but seeing him like that made me smile back.

“Nana, what are you-oh god,” Kyuhyun had turned, and was now making gagging sounds. “You’re supposed to have my back in this zombie apocalyptic world, Nana. And there you are making mushy eyes with hyung while I just got jumped by a zombie and lost half of my health in a parking garage. I’m only down to one life!”

“If you don’t shut up, you’re going to have no lives,” Leeteuk muttered back. I gave him a soft smack on the arm for threatening bodily harm to the maknae, then returned to the game. 

 


 Terrace Crossing Apartments

9:24 AM

Location: Seoul, South Korea 

I woke up on February 21st, my birthday, to Leeteuk jumping on the bed. Sometimes, he acted even younger than me. Only sometimes.

“Wake up yeobo!” he yelled, yanking me out from under the covers. “You and I are going to spend all of today together, just us two. Then we’re having your birthday dinner here tonight.”

I groaned. I had told him that I didn’t want a big party, but it seemed as if Leeteuk had planned one anyways. Almost as if he had heard my thoughts, he added, “Just a few close friends, Nana. I promise.”

Since I was still sleepy and tired, and Leeteuk couldn’t go out anywhere very freely, spending the morning together ended up being us having breakfast and then cuddling on the couch for a movie. Then, Leeteuk decided that he was going to bake me… a cake.

“Oh, really, you don’t have to,” I insisted, protesting as he pulled me into the kitchen. “Do you even know how to bake, Jungsu?”

“How hard can it be? Ryeowookie does it all the time.”

We did get the cake into the oven eventually, after what looked like a bomb had exploded in the kitchen. Flour covered the table, as well as other random ingrediants.

“Nana, you have flour in your hair,” Leeteuk muttered, reaching up to brush it away. Our eyes met, and my heart skipped a beat. He had flour on one of his cheeks, and I reached up as well to brush it away. His hand came up and caught mine, pulling it back down.

“You have…on your cheek…” I started, but he silenced me with a soft, gentle kiss.

 

Leeteuk had invited my friends, as well as the Super Junior members who didn’t have schedule to come over for a nice birthday dinner. Kyuhyun was able to make it, along with Siwon, Ryeowook, Heechul, and Donghae. Minah came as well, along with Sam, Minhye, and Junho.

“Should I come and help you check on the food?” Minhye asked, almost yanking me towards the kitchen. I looked back at the others and shrugged. I didn’t really feel bad about leaving Minah with the guys because she was so at home with them all anyways, and she thought Sam was just adorable.

“I have a friend you should meet,” Minah was saying as I almost had my arm pulled out. “His name is Lee Shin, and you two remind me of each other a little bit!”

“Shin is like Sam, only with pop culture knowledge,” Donghae added. I had no idea who Shin was, so I let Minhye close the door behind us.

“What’s going on?” I asked her. She knew full well that the food was not ready yet, so I knew she had wanted to talk privately.

“Nana, guess what? Junho finally confessed to me last night!”

“WHAT?”

“Well we went out together to get you a birthday present, which you are going to love by the way, and …it just happened. And oh, Nana, it was so perfect. I’ve been wanting to confess myself for ages.”

I couldn’t believe it. Two of my best friends were dating…it was…perfect.


[A/N]: For Lee Shin and Minah and Donghae, go read the main story, Crazy Beautiful! This is the calm before the big big big big big big storm. I'm on vacation now, so I might not have time to update often even though I have internet.