Kickin' and Screamin'

Picture Perfect

 Terrace Crossing Apartments

9:08 AM

Seoul, South Korea

 ---------

I was woken up in the morning by a ruckus at the door: the sound of the door banging closed and footsteps in the kitchen.

“Rise and shine, kids!”

That voice. It was my grandmother. Oh no.

Another voice piped in, and I recognized Leeteuk’s mother’s voice. “Jungsu-ah, why are you sleeping on the couch?”

“Ahh, Nana must have kicked him out. How disappointing…. I was hoping that-nevermind.”

There was a loud thunk as something heavy was dropped onto the kitchen counter. I turned over, burying my head under my pillows, wishing everyone else in the apartment away. No such luck.

“Yah, Cho Haena, wake up!” Grandmother called, voice booming. “I know you can hear me, so come out here. We brought breakfast for you two.”

 

At half past ten, there was a series of loud knocks at the door. I had dressed in a tshirt and pajama pants, and had just started hooking my gaming system into the new tv. I didn’t even look up, expecting Leeteuk to just answer the door.

There were voices, several voices, and the next thing I knew, a whole crowd of people had piled into the living room. The Super Junior members were carrying Leeteuk’s belongings, and the leader himself was older a giant white teddy bear that seemed to have been from a fan.

“So, is this the fiancé?” Eunhyuk asked. I ignored him, continuing to plug in wires.

“Aishh, what a lucky girl,” Kyuyhun added. “Aren’t you going to great your oppas?”

“Aniyo,” Leeteuk insisted. “She doesn’t need to-”

“Lucky?” I scoffed. “Who the hell actually wants to be in an arranged marriage?”

“Yah!” Sungmin replied, looking shocked, “what kind of a tone is that?”

 

[Step #3: piss off all of his friends]

 

“You don’t know me,” I snapped back. “Don’t ‘yah’ me.”

“You sound like a troubled teenager from a motorcycle gang,” Kyuhyun observed.

Leeteuk sighed. “Kyu, don’t-”

“As if I really even care about your opinion. Besides, I can’t even ride a motorcycle.”

“Aren’t you going to help your fiancé unpack?”

“No,” I answered shortly, ending the conversation.

 

After the guys had finished Leeteuk move this things in, they all scattered around the house, and Ryeowook and Donghae headed into the kitchen to cook lunch. I stayed on the couch, already fully engrossed in my game of wii Mario Kart.

“Yah, you’re good,” Kyuhyun said, coming up beside me. “”Let me have a go.

“Get another controller,” I told him, waving towards the counter. Silently, I added Kyuhyun into the race, and gave him a long look as the cartoon karts started to line up at their marks. He had better be ready to bring it, because there was no way in hell that I would be going easy on him.

 [Step #4: beat his friend at video games]

 


 

Ssun Korean Barbeque Shop

7:31 PM

Seoul, South Korea

 ---------

Leeteuk must be a saint. No matter how rude, y, cold, or unpleasant I was, he always gave me the same, warm smile. I pressed every single button I could find, did all the things that I knew he hated, and still…no rise. Maybe he was just a robot.

Still, I didn’t give up hope. Eventually, he is going to get tired of me and snap, and then, I will be free.

 

[Step #5:Don’t come home for dinner]

 

I’d taken to not even staying home for dinner anymore. I would tell him that I’m going out to eat with friends, and then just leave. I wondered if he hated eating alone at the kitchen table, or if he was going back to the dorm for Ryeowook’s wonderful cooking.

I found out on a Thursday and he was doing just as I expected when my phone buzzed halfway through dinner with Minhye , Junho, and Sam. It wasn’t a number that I recognized.

 

New Message: You definitely cheated somehow. I would never lose a game of Mario Kart, especially to a girl.

 

I knew who it was from.

 

Reply: How did you get my number?

 

I was surprised to hear from Kyuhyun, and a little offended by his suggestion that girls couldn’t play video games. A moment later, I got a reply.

 

New Message: From Leeteuk hyung’s phone. He’s here for dinner again. Yah, why aren’t you cooking for your husband?

 

Reply: Fiancé

 

New Message: Same thing, what are you doing?

 

Reply: I’m eating Korean barbeque with my friends because I don’t want to have a fiancé. Anyways, if you’re going to be such a sore loser, rematch anytime, and I will kick your again all the way back to...well...Seoul.

 

New Message: Yah…you know where I’m from? Are you a fan of mine? An ELF?

 

Reply: Bye.

 

New Message: Sunday then, 3:00. Rematch.

 

Reply: Bring it.

 

“Is that your fiancéeeeee?” Minhye teased, peaking over my shoulder. I had told all three of my close friends about my dire situation, and she was the only one who didn’t feel my pain.

“Leeteuk is so polite and funny!” she had said, squealing. “Oh my god, you have got to introduce me to Choi Siwon.”

I drew much more appropriate reactions from Junho, whose lip curled at the thought of me being wrapped up in a scandal with an idol and being killed by anti-fans, and Sam, who just though that arranged marriages were not right in the 21stcentury.

“Who is that?” she asked, brows wrinkling.

“Don’t worry about it,” I replied.


 Terrace Crossing Apartments

6:48 PM

Seoul, South Korea

 ---------

 It is said by many that the greatest strategy in any confrontation is often the element of surprise, and I agreed. That’s why, randomly, I chose a night to stay home.

“Are you not going out for dinner tonight?” Leeteuk asked, raising an eyebrow at me. “I’m going to cook some pasta if-”

Just then, the door bell rang. Happily, I skipped to go open it to the delivery guy who handed me a bag of chinese food. I paid and tipped the guy, then turned to Leeteuk.

“Oh, oops, sorry. I forgot to get you any.”

 [Step #6: order chinese food, but don’t share any]


[A/N]: Nana is trolling Leeteuk so hard......I was trying to bring out her immature side a little bit :) go sub to my new SHINee/OC story, Juliet!