Chapter 7

Hide and Seek

“That’s the end of the exam. Pens down.” All the students stopped at their last question and obeyed the teacher. All the papers were collected to the front and the students remained silent and still until dismissed. They were all too tired to move or talk after the continuous exams that week. Minjee rested her head on the desk completely mind blank; with her eyes closed she watched the glowing colours dance in the darkness. The colours formed a picture of the night at Moonbin’s house. It was weird– that night. They barely spoke a word to each other yet– nothing was awkward. Even when she left early that moment, he walked her out and watched her enter the taxi that took her home. Looking back she wondered why she didn’t try argue or tried to leave at the beginning…

Minjee fluttered her eyes opened as sun glared into her eyes. She looked up to the guys still being as loud as ever (even after all the exams), going over if they got similar answers, cheering when they got the same answers or looking sick to their stomachs if they didn’t. Moonbin glanced over and caught Minjee’s gaze. His laugh softened to a smile, Minjee didn’t even realise she was looking at him. The corner of Moonbin’s lip lifted before continuing back to the guys like nothing happened. Until then Minjee mentally slapped herself, her face heated and it wasn’t because of the sun. She sat up straight and stiffly fluttered her eyes denying what she just did. Things started feeling… weird and she wanted it to stop. Minjee stood up from her seat and walked out without tucking it back in. Everyone stared from their seats since she was the only one moving from her seat and in a strange way to.

In the bathroom Minjee slashed cold water in her face, only to regret it instantly as the weather had been cooling down recently. Panting hysterically, she quickly reached for the paper towels and dried up her face and hands. The shivering continued, she tried warming up her hands with her breath and cupped her face quickly but they were still ice.

“Come on, Minjee, jump, jump, jump..” Minjee started saying everything she was doing to bring her sense back, “please calm up~ uh, I mean warm up. What am I doing? What is wrong with me?…” she watched herself in the mirror only to question herself even more, than before. In result, she decided to go on a walk since that seems to be the ‘normal’ thing to do. After feeling around her pockets she realised she forgot to bring her headphone and let alone phone in her schoolbag, although it was only shortly after she heard a familiar song from one of the rooms.

She sneakily opened the door and saw Eunwoo once again on the piano. She giggled lightly and quickly looked around her realising it was the same place where she got lost the first time.

Minjee knocked on the door that was loud enough for him to hear through his headphone. Eunwoo stopped midway and sighed since he was getting into it before getting interrupted. He looked up, ready to glare at the intruder only to have his face softened and instantly stood up, removing his headphones.

“The exams are over and you’re here doing more work” Minjee walked in swaying her arms around the wide space. Surprised Eunwoo only watched her, expressionless. Minjee made a weird smile since he didn’t reply back, starting to feel awkward like she was talking to herself. “What?” she impatiently asked.

 

“Hey guys! Where’s Eunwoo?” MJ hung on the frame of Sanha’s and JinJin’s classroom door, being completely oblivious of the other students inside resting. The guys shrug, too tired to keep up with MJ’s energy. MJ cheekily smirked, “let’s go find him!” he points to the direction of the cafeteria and followed his finger out the door, JinJin’s gave in and patted whiny Sanha to get up.

All the boys eventually tagged along with their Happy Virus and made their way.

 

“You’re weird” Eunwoo finally spoke, moving away from the keyboard and closer to her direction as she continued to aimless swayed around the room.

“Trust me, this isn’t the weirdest I’ve been today” she muttered while reflecting her questioning moments in the girls toilet earlier.

“What?”

“What?” she grinned, brainwashing him instantly with her cuteness. He stopped her in her tracks, Minjee nearly bumping into Eunwoo’s chest but was able to stop in time and glare at him for blocking her way. She swayed a different way but he continued to get in her way.

“Yah! What are you trying to do?” she laughed. Minjee lost her balance and nearly fell, Eunwoo quickly caught her arm and pulled her close to him. Her other arm blocked his chest and he looked down to her face. Minjee’s eyes bulged out, everything happened to quickly and to have his face to close to hers she froze.

“He has to be in here!” MJ shouted, reassuring the guys as he already made them walk the whole school, and completely forgot Eunwoo likes to be in the music room in his free time. After shouting he shushed everyone and pepped through the gap where he saw Eunwoo holding Minjee. MJ’s excited expression changed to shock. Rocky, who was next to him, decided to see what MJ saw.

“Minjee–?”

Moonbin eyes shot up to Rocky, JinJin and Sanha looked at him because of his sharp reaction. Moonbin cleared his throat and loosened his muscles up a bit to appear casually as made his way to the door. But JinJin and Sanha looked back at each other already suspicious of him.

Eunwoo’s hand gently grazed Minjee’s cheek cupped it, he focused on her eyes and slowly travelled from her cheek to her small, delicate lips. Eunwoo’s cold finger tips warmed up by Minjee’s red cheeks, goose bumps raced all around her body. He Leaned down to her face, Eunwoo allowed Minjee to feel his warm breath touch before his lips lightly press into hers.

“EHHHHH‼” MJ lost control of his voice and couldn’t help but to scream. Sanha smacked his legs since he crouched down to see what everyone else was seeing, MJ covered his mouth but still was incapable of stopping.

None of it felt real, Minjee stood in shock wide eyed, her first kiss–, there was nowhere to hide, she didn’t know how to feel, everything was completely numb.

 

Rocky looked over to Moonbin, but he was already gone.

 

 

 

What would you do in Minjee's situation? It's a mystery on what will come next...

 

Comment, subscribe and upvote :)

Thank you~