Chapter 2

Hide and Seek

On the way to the cafeteria Minjee tailed the silent boy with her head low as she felt uncomfortable but she just assumed that it was a self-conscious thing since they don’t know each other. Once they arrived at the cafeteria it was crowded with students, whether they were sitting at the tables or waiting in line. There were too many unfamiliar faces for Minjee that she didn’t feel ready to eat there yet and also she already packed lunch in her bag so she decided to leave back to class, but after she thanked the student that helped her find her way back, he turned around and nodded before walking to his group of friends that texted him to meet up.

When she left she had eyes still following her from the moment she walked in and with his high and mighty friend that doesn’t like helping, let alone talking, to anyone.

“Yah” Moonbin called out his friend in a husky voice to appear intimidating when his friend, Eunwoo, arrived at the table, “why were you with my Angel?” The rest of the group looked at each other completely lost by the situation.

“Just finish your food and mind your own business” Eunwoo ignored his friend while picking food of his friends trays. This is a normal scene that happened every time one of Moonbin’s friends talked to the girl he’s after, however, it always ended in laughs very quickly but that was not the case when it was Eunwoo, better yet, it had never happened with Eunwoo before and for him being naturally defensive tension only grew in the air. Moonbin wanted his ‘Angel’ to fall madly in love with him, as he made nearly every girl in the school do that only lasts for a week or less.

“Do you know who their talking about?” the youngest friend whispered to Moonbin’s friends that knows everything about him,

“Some girl that works at the cafe started school today, I’m guessing that’s who it is” the orange headed Maknae blankly nodded his head with his mouth opened.

 

For the rest of the day Eunwoo stayed in the music room continuing his work and Minjee hopped into the bus to go to work. When she walked in another student behind her took notice of her and quickly swiped his opal card so he can take the seat form behind her.

When Minjee arrived to her work place, the student sat in the booth and waited her to start her shift.

“Hello, are you ready to order?” Minjee smiled as usual, even though she remembered him from last night, the customer had dark brown hair that was parted in the middle, with big eyes, a big smile and big lips.

“Can I have two hot chocolate, take out please” Minjee wrote his order down before he paid her.

“Here’s your change, take a seat until we call out your order” however the customer didn’t move. Minjee looked up in question of him. “...may I help you?”

The customer continued to smile while shaking his head, there was no one waiting behind him so there was no problem in his mind to stay there. “... I am just curious about you and my friend”

“Your friend?”

“Eunwoo. Tall, dark hair, has that cold look in his eye” Minjee just narrowed her eyebrows while shaking her head. Most of the description of his friend linked up to her helper that morning but she recommended keeping it secret in case he made a possible scene about it. “Okay, we’ll see then tomorrow” the boy walked off leaving Minjee confused, she brushed it off and continued to focus on her work.

 

The next day when Minjee walked into her class to see the same playboy from the other day smirk at her.

“Hey Angel, do you want to eat lunch with me today” Moonbin attempts to flirt,

“I have better plans to attend to” she lied but in her mind anything would be better than being with him

“Why? You haven’t even met my friends to judge yet. Besides it’s only your second day so I doubt you have made any proper friends” Moonbin teased to get a reaction from his Angel which worked perfectly as planned.

Minjee defended herself after being offended by a stranger by giving a mendacious response that she does have friends. Within her one day of school she only spoke to two students and one of them only said two words while the other told her to not fall the playboy, Moonbin.

 “Prove it, show me who your new friends are” after being put on the spot, Minjee looked around the classroom to see if there was any familiar faces but they were or foreign. She didn’t want to confess that she has no one because then he would feel superior to her and Minjee doesn’t like to lose.

“... They’re not in this class” she lied,

“Well then, that settles it then” Moonbin leaded back in his seat, “don’t plan on running away because I’m going to be right next to you” Minjee sighed in frustrating and irritation at Moonbin and herself as she ran her finger in her hair.

 

Throughout the first class Minjee felt Moonbin gaze at her continuously and it was driving her up the wall, however, she endured it long enough until it class was over to avoid the attention being drawn to her.

“What is your problem?” she blurted out but only Moonbin and his friends can hear as her classmates chattering overpowered her voice.

“Ooh, Moonbin~ you’re firing up your g-friend” Minjee scoffed and rolled her eyes at Moonbin’s provoking friend that came to the cafe yesterday, she started to speculate if Moonbin was the ‘friend’ he mentioned that afternoon. Minjee grabbed her headphones out from her pocket and leaned back into her seat to block out the distractions.

When Minjee slipped into her own world of music, it got interrupted quickly by someone removing her left headphone. “You can’t avoid me” the boy’s voice whispered. It was clearly Moonbin’s which gave her more the reason to block him out again as she continued to complete her work that she has been attempting to before.

Minutes pasted and the bell chimed when the teacher walked in. Minjee still had her headphones in and so Moonbin threw a paper ball onto her table for her to notice break was over. However, Minjee was being stubborn and threw it back at him without looking as she thought he was still trying to agitate her. Moonbin dodged it in surprise that it nearly hit him, the teacher noticed Minjee’s rude behaviour and approached her. The whole class was silent as they watch.

The teacher stood close to Minjee for her to realise that class had started, when she did he quickly yanked the headphones out of her ears and straightened her back. Minjee was frightened by the consequences that she was going to get while the whole class stared and remained silent.

“Throwing rubbish and listening to music in class. No need to act like you can do whatever you want just because you’re new”

“Teacher! I threw it at her at first” Moonbin confessed without a single sign of fear, he’s a well-known troublesome student to the teacher’s that they don’t scare him anymore.

“Okay, the more hands the better. You two get to clean the room while your classmates get early leave” the students silently cheer and whisper at the news, while Minjee’s frown grew longer. This was the first time she got in trouble so she felt very horrified and intimidated. It made her hate the playboy even more than expected but that wasn’t the issue.

Minjee held her head low even for the rest of the day, she was too scared to stuff up again or displease another teacher after that incident.

 

 

Comment below, subscribe and upvote :)

 

Thank you.