Chapter 5

Hide and Seek

After school Minjee and the guys head off to the library, yes, that’s right, the library. Minjee laughed at first to the idea and thought it would be a waste of time as they are not the kind to study or pay attention in class to know what content to study for… but as a few hours passed the guys were more into their work than she was and all have done twice as much work as her. Minjee was very confused and even wondered if she walked in with the wrong people, but it was them… maybe…

The clock stuck midnight and the guys finally decided to call it a night, they left the library with students’ still staying back to complete as much studying as they can. The boys had their shoulders slumped over exhausted while walking in silence. Minjee felt the same but still had an itch to ask them something.

“So.... Do you guys study often?” Jin Jin droopily nodded his head before resting it on MJ’s shoulders, but MJ shrugged his head off because the extra weight was over kill.

“For exams we all go to the library to study, other than that we really don’t. We’re all ranged at the top of the class with Eunwoo and Moonbin first” Minjee nodded repeatedly as her mind was to too tired to function properly. Until it was all properly processed in her head.

“…What!” she shouted, making all of them wake up in shock. Her breathing increased as it was too much for her to take in. She couldn’t believe it and in fact she didn’t want to, him? Moonbin? He? Out of them all in their class is number one! Completely flabbergasted Minjee was. All though it never occurred to her why they were in the top classes anyway.

She brushed off that the others were unknown top students and ran in front of Moonbin and stops, he nearly stumbled over her and stood with his half opened eyes. The guys continued to zombie walk past them.

“What was your end of year overall results?” her finger was inches away from his face, Moonbin moaned and rolled his head back dreaming about his bed.

“I don’t know, 94 or something” she shrieked in horror. 94! How can he get a 94? Minjee struggles to get passed 90.  She felt embarrassed, all those hours and days spent studying and this guy only studies for a few weeks and becomes first! It frustrated her, he’s the kind of people that she envied on how easy life was for them.

Moonbin opened one eye fully to Minjee’s frustrated face. and let out a chuckle, “this really annoys you, doesn’t it?” he smirked.

“Yes! It does” arms crossed, Moonbin can’t help to not take her seriously and continued to smirk while walking past her,

“Good”

Later when Minjee finally arrived home she hit to the books instantly as the fire inside of her ignited by Moonbin and his stupidly smart brain and amazing grades and annoying personality. He enjoyed watching her pain and has now found a new hobby to kill time at school.

The next day at school the guys chilled at the cafeteria while Minjee stayed back to study, she was determined to beat Moonbin no matter what it took, or how many hours until the exams. Eunwoo went to catch up with the guys after finishing his extra work, but got distracted when he spotted Minjee still in class. He quietly strolled over behind Minjee and stopped, still remaining unseen.

Eunwoo bent over mouth to ear and spoke loud enough for Minjee to hear through her headphones, “studying hard I see” his soft deep voice gave Minjee goose bumps, she quickly pulled her headphones out and turned her head to him, but as she was completely unaware on how close she was to him that dropped when she was eye to eye to his perfection.

Minjee couldn’t help but to stutter and glowed bright red, “w-what are you doing here??” Eunwoo remained calm and cool… on the outside. On the inside, he felt his body heat up. He stood up properly before he couldn’t endure it no more.

“Just finished some work” he slid his hands in his pockets and looked out the window to distract himself. Under those few seconds, Eunwoo was able to slow his heart rate and looked back over to Minjee, who was looking down at her work, not sure what to do.

“…Studying?”

 Minjee sighed in frustration, “yes – and I will not stop until I have a higher rank than him!” she aggressive explained while clenching onto her pen.

Eunwoo smirked, “I can let you borrow my notes if you want”          

“Really?”

“I aspire people who don’t like Moonbin” Minjee laughed when Eunwoo understood her, he smirked as they bonded over their dislikes (Moonbin).

“YOU, I like you” she points energetically at him and turned back to her work with new motivation. Eunwoo’s face lit up only the slightest, which was not seen by Minjee but by all the other girls in the classroom. They all grabbed out their phones to capture this once-in-a-life-time moment and started taking pictures of him. However other girls glared enviously at Minjee for being so close to Eunwoo and wondered what type of sorcery she put on him.

 

As school ended, Moonbin kept messing around with Minjee by annoyingly pushing her into people beside her as they made their way out the gates. Annoying Minjee became his hobby and took any opportunity to drive her up the wall.

“Hey Moonbin! Wait up!” JinJin shouted as he, Rocky and Eunwoo caught up to them. Moonbin sighed as his alone time with Minjee ended.

“Minjee, do you want to head to the library now?” Minjee excitedly nodded to Eunwoo and walked beside him so they could part ways with the others. Moonbin’s smile faded.

“We’re heading off to practise. See you tomorrow” Rocky farewells as he was ready to leave with Moonbin and JinJin to their dance studio were they practise every week.

“I’m not dancing today!” Moonbin blurted, “I got a date” his eyes shifted to Minjee to see her reaction, but it did not bother her, she just thought it was typical of him to do so.

“Yah, we thought you were done when you started spending time with Minjee” JinJin recalled as he opposed Moonbin’s future actions. Minjee awkwardly stood there as they spoke about her. It made Moonbin embarrassed and hid from it as soon as he could.

“What made you think that?! She’s not my girlfriend! And there’s a whole lot of prettier girls to hang out with” Minjee scoffed at Moonbin’s rant. He looked away from Minjee and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

“Imagining being your girlfriend! What hell that would be. I don’t have time to deal with this cr*p” Minjee walked away with Eunwoo following behind her after giving Moonbin a sharp glare.

JinJin and Rocky awkwardly stood in placed and cleared their throats, waiting for time to pass.

“AISSHH – all hell with it, I’m out of here” he ruffled his hair and stormed off to the café.

 

(Re-edited, sorry)

 

Comment, subscribe and upvote :)

 

Thank you~