Chapter 1

Hide and Seek

“Hello, are you ready to take your order?” Minjee smiled with a slight bow, she is in her second year of high school, and tomorrow’s her first day at her new school, Fantagio high school. Her old school didn’t provide her the right education she deserved so her and her dad agreed to move schools.

“One large iced Americano” the customer had black hair and soft features with a thick navy hoodie with English printed words on it. Even though they are in the middle of winter, Eunwoo can’t have a day without his ice coffee. Minjee smiled and gestured to the closest table for him to wait until his order was called out.

While the emotionless boy waits for his order two customers enter the cafe, both laughing at each others’ lame jokes in thick baggy ‘street wear’ hoodies, one in grey and the other in black. The one in grey is always in search of any type of attract girl to benefit himself as entertainment, so when he encountered Minjee even his friend looked over to him already prepared on what he’s going to do.

 “Hello, Angel” the boy mischievously smiled and rested his chin on his hand. Minjee looks at him puzzled as his behaviour was abnormal for a customer.

“Um... May I take your order?” she remained professional but the boy didn’t stop. However, she knew that he was a playboy, who she despises.

“How about something as sweet as you?” Eunwoo, who was waiting for his order eye-balled them and looked away in disgust. He wasn’t the only one, Minjee felt like gagging at his poor pick-up line, however, he is a customer so she must order what he wants.

“Okay, so that will be one frozen lemonade?” she grinned as the flirtatious boy’s smile dropped from embarrassment making his friend crack up beside him.

One large iced Americano?” one of the workers called out, the boy in the black walked to the counter and glanced over to the boys,

“You guys sure took you time” he scolded while grabbing his drink and walking out of the cafe. The two boys looked at each other with anxious expressions while tailing after him. Minjee eyes followed the boys when they were exiting. When they left her face soured and she scrunched up their order and threw it in the bin.

 

“Hyung! Wait up!” the boys’ shouted as they ran up to their friend, who wasn’t even showing the slightest bit of interest in them.

“You’re drinking another ice coffee?”

“Problem?” the youngest shakes his head in panic, wide-eyed. Eunwoo was a cold boy, he could even be colder than his iced Americano. People always wonder why he hangs out with such a loud group when he has that personality. Eunwoo continued to walk while the other two fall back. The two boys always tried to find ways to break his ice-like personality, but it always ended up with them whining to their leader for protection.



On Minjee’s first day, she has the typical anxious vibes going up and down her spine, although the school uniform was a confidence booster for her as she thought it looked cute on her.

She taps her toes against each other as she anxiously waits for her homeroom in the teachers office to conform her arrival. The teacher’s office door opens as only feet could be seen by under the teachers desks, a male student with his black hair parted in the middle sticks his head out to take a glimpse of the new student before scattering off back to his class with the information.

“Guys! Guys! Guys!” the boy runs in and everyone’s come to a stop. The boy staggers to the teachers desk as he catches his breath,

“It’s a GIRL~~” all the boys roared and cheered while making rumbling sounds with their tables. While the girls moan and pout at the disappointment that it’s not a new male student. Soon after their homeroom teacher walks in and everyone makes their ways back to their tables while being as loud as ever, Minjee felt intimidated by just hearing them from outside the classroom as they all sound really close. She’s afraid that they won’t accept her. Their teacher called Minjee in, she walked in slowly with a polite smile and her heart was pounding out of her chest, she tried to put it in her head that she was working, she made body language appear charismatic. While Minjee introduced herself she took that moment to obverse the students. And the girls actually smiled back, not in a smug way but in an approachable way. The boys on the other hand were all trying to gaze into her eyes while she avoided the eye contact because of their uncomfortable behaviour. All the boys found her beautiful, which she was, she took care of her body well making it soft and fair, and a perfect figure due to exercise. When Minjee was walking to her seat that her teacher gestured to her happiness died when she noticed who was sitting next to her on the other side of the aisle the gangster and his henchmen smirking directly at her, indicating that she was going to be trapped.

 

The students remained silent with only the sounds of pen on paper throughout the room when classes were in session, which Minjee desired for, no complaining, no gossiping, and no distractions.  The only problem was the three boys beside her mucking around like kids, although her old school was worse.

The bells rang and the students expressed their boredom in moans and groans. Minjee stretched her arms over her desk and closed her eyes when feeling the amazing sensation on her back and arms. Minjee let out a sigh before opening her eyes, she has never been this excited for school before, she felt like she was living the life, even if it hasn’t been halfway through the day yet. Although, someone in particular always seemed to ruin it. Minjee looked to her left to see ‘street wear’ boy 1 gazing at her with his head resting on his hand and his friends chatting behind him.

“May I help you?” Minjee finally asked feeling agitated. The boy just shook his head and remained staring at her, Minjee raised an eyebrow before giving up and leaving the classroom. After releasing her frustration by control her breathing Minjee decided to tour the school on her own while listening to music. The school was very bright with white walls that reflect the light off from the large windows in all the rooms, with wide hallways.

Minjee ended up walking to where there were no more signs to guide her to her way back; she started to feel concerned whether she would make it back to class on time. However she had been walking for only a short period of time so it is less likely she will be late. Minjee strangely just assumes that her old school is different with times. While walking through the unknown hallway, Minjee came across a half opened door. She hoped maybe there are students in there that can help her find her way back. She poked her head through the crack slightly to check, but there was no one, but she was mistaken. The side hidden behind the door has a student playing the keyboard with his headphones plugged in.

The student seemed deep in what he was doing so Minjee let him be. She walked back to the centre of the hallway whining in frustration.

As for the boy deep in his work, hits reality again when his phone vibrates in his pocket. He places his pencil on the book stand before taking his phone out to check his message from his friends. After reading he packed all of his equipment back into his bag and walked out, without noticing Minjee’s existence. It took her a while to notice him as well, when she did she was startled yet relieved.

“Uh excuse me?” Minjee reached out, the boy turned to her with short memories recapping him who she is. He masked his thoughts and remained emotionless waiting for her to continue to talk, “do you know the way back to the cafeteria?” the cafeteria was close to her classroom.

The boys eyes shifted away from her for a moment before saying anything,

“follow me”

 

 

Chapter one complete! Comment below what you think.

 

Comment, subscribe and upvote :)

 

Thank you.