Chapter 4

Hide and Seek

“Come down to the gym when you’re finished changing!” Minjee’s teacher reminded the girls from the door as she waited for the teacher of 2-A as he did the same to the boys in his. Once a week the two class come together for a P.E lesson and for Minjee it was her first, she was nervous because she still didn’t know her classmates and let alone others in her year. The bright side was that the bigger the group the better for her to get away from Moonbin and MJ, especially after how MJ treated her.

The students made their way down to the school gym where their homeroom teachers waited for them, the students giggled and mucked around as they enter while Minjee walked solo and took a good glance at the giant fresh looking gym.

When all the students arrived they surrounded the teachers as they explained the game they set up for them. They prepared two boxes with bingo balls in both and each student had to lucky dip from their classes box, they would had to pair up with a student from the other class with them same number for dodge ball. If anyone from the pair get’s hit in the game they’re both out.

It was Minjee’s turn and she didn’t really care who she paired up with since she doesn’t know anyone in that class, she pulled out the number 14 ball. Minjee stood around for a while too shy to ask others what their number was while the other students socialised and paired up so carelessly.

“What number did you get?!” Minjee constantly heard from many different mouths that she didn’t know where to look. “Aw 14!” her head quickly directed itself to the voice with the same number as her. She scanned the area of where she heard the voice and found a group of guys, half of the group was covered by other students so she couldn’t see them all.  She took a deep breath before approach the group of guys and hoped that she doesn’t make a fool of herself.

Regret suddenly built up as the rest of the group was revealed to be MJ and Moonbin, Minjee just wished one of them isn’t going to be her partner.

“Doesn’t anyone have number 14?” she awkwardly lifted her hand to reveal her number while all the boys stared at her blankly.

“Eunwoo does!” the orange headed friend with braces pointed to him but got blocked off by Moonbin.

“Yah, Angel” he walked in front of Minjee with a smug look, “do you want to swap numbers? So then me and my friend can pair up” he smirked, trying to swoon her with his charm, but she knows him well as a playboy to not fall for such a cheap trick.

“I like a challenge” Eunwoo mentioned from behind Moonbin. Minjee went on her tippy toes to look over Moonbin’s tall shoulders to see her partner. He grinned at Moonbin who titled his head with a chuckle.

 “Oh” after hearing his voice she was able to recognise Eunwoo as her saviour of when she was lost on her first day.

“What? Do you guys know each other?” the one with blonde hair and blue fringe, which she thought was weird, questioned her reaction when stopping Eunwoo. Minjee was going to respond until she was cut off by the one and only, MJ.

“Yeah, that’s Eunwoo’s girlfriend” Moonbin scoffed at MJ’s ridiculous comment.

 “Moonbin-ah~” the prettiest girl in class 2-A approached with her group giggling behind her, “what number do you have?” she touched Moonbin’s hand to see the number, “Oh! We’re partners!” she giggled, Moonbin looked away annoyed to be stuck with such a partner.

“Yah, Eunwoo. You want a challenge? You will get one” Moonbin walked away from the group to the other side of the gym with his partner tailing behind him.

“We’ll catch up with you guys later” Sanha waved while he and MJ joined Moonbin’s team. While they left JinJin and Rocky sneakily asked other students to swap numbers so that they can pair up together.

When the game started MJ’s team was on the same as Moonbin’s while JinJin’s team joined Eunwoo’s for some friendly battle... for those four, as for Moonbin and Eunwoo their only target was each other as their smirks and trick shots flew everywhere. While Eunwoo was doing his own thing Minjee took the opportunity to get revenge on MJ after his rude behave towards her.

The game commenced and poor Moonbin’s partner was constantly struggling to keep up with his sharp moments that he pulled her behind him, she kept whining that he was too harsh and too into the game. But Moonbin didn’t care as the only thing on his mind was to defeat Eunwoo and his partner.

Eunwoo was more chilled when versing Moonbin. He also had a reliable partner that knew how to defend herself. Minjee was clear of her surroundings but still managed to have her eyes glued on MJ who was having a ball of a time with his other pair and friends on the other team. Sanha managed to get Rocky and JinJin out making the both of them off guard that Minjee took the opportunity to strike, the emotions changed so quickly from excited to shock when the ball was scraped on MJ’s side making them out.

Minjee gasped in excitement for her achievement for beating MJ and laughed at their reactions, especially MJ’s, as they had very shocked expressions and Sanha pouted in disappointment. Minjee continued to jump around feeling victorious but nearly came to an end when a ball was heading straight towards her, she was quickly pulling by the wrist into someone’s back, Minjee looked up and it was Eunwoo’s. Minjee was surprised that he did that but she then remembered that the point of the game was to protect your partner.

For the rest of the game Minjee stayed behind Eunwoo as he continued to dodge and get others out which helped them be one of the last standing along with Moonbin and his partner. The two friends glared at one another, waiting for one of them to make the first move.

Rocky and Sanha held each other’s hands anxious to watch their friends’ dramatic battle taking place and refusing to root any of them on.

“Oppa~ I’m scared, let’s just forfeit” Moonbin’s partner whined while tugging on the hem of his shirt to leave, but her flirting didn’t buy him.

“No, stay behind me” Moonbin tried redirecting the girl back behind him but she continued to be right in the open, trying to pull him away. Moonbin was getting fed up and turned around to face her, but the gym fell silent when the sound of the dodge ball hitting Moonbin echoed. He turned to face Eunwoo with a shocked expression. However, Eunwoo shared the same look when looking over to his side where Minjee was with an achieved smile of victory.

Minjee’s and the rest of their team cheered while Eunwoo smirked at Minjee by how excited she was over a game. Minjee ran over to him and high fived his hand enthusiastically, making him crack a proper smile that bought his friends to shock to see.

Moonbin pulling on the hem of his shirt to make his partner to lose grip and for her to finally let go stranding her from the crowd. He walked over to Eunwoo with a stern face but when he approached Eunwoo it faded away into a smirk as he scuffed his hair and pushed him back with a light chuckle, reuniting once again. Eunwoo side smiled back in response before the teams split up again for one more short game.

 

 

Lunch came around and everyone was pumped that they don’t have classes for the time being. As always, Minjee replaced her head phones in her ear to continue extra work for her next subject.

“Minjee, it’s time to go!” her head phone was pulled off once again, but this time it was by someone else.

“Rocky?” he chuckled and grasped her wrist before running off with her. Minjee nearly tripped over the table legs and dropped her pen on the floor, although there was nothing she could do but try to keep up with him no matter how confused she was.

“Come on guys!!” She heard another shout out, Minjee tried to look behind her shoulder to see who it was and it turned out to be Moonbin as he and the rest of their group ran out of their classroom and straight past her. The hallway was overpowered by the boys’ laugher and footsteps making every move out of their way.

It was a weird feeling and experience for Minjee but she strangely enjoyed it, it could have been because of the thrill and youth that the guys expressed that she lost when she first started high school.

 

 

EUNWOO FINALLY APPEARED!!

Did you enjoy the Eunmin, Woojee or whatever you want to name them moments?? ;D

 

Comment below, subscribe and upvote :)

 

Thank you.