Chapter 9

..FriendLove..

 

Story from Aaron//FriendLove 3//

It was been three months I never heard Gui Gui’s voice again It was been three months I had broken my promise to her. I knew she understood it but I just couldn’t forgive myself. I made her waited for two years, and I even couldn’t come back.

I stopped contacting her. I didn’t know what I should say when I called her. Say sorry? Promise I’ll come back one year later? That was nonsense. I had broken my promise then I promised again?

I felt like had no strength without her these two years. I was so happy when it passed and thought I could come back…but it was just sank my hope when they said I couldn’t come back until one year later…I forgot how to smile without her…even to Hebe…

I shook my head. I couldn’t be like this…I must do everything well and came back to her.

I started to practice again. But suddenly Hebe entered the music room. I knew she was just called Gui Gui. The questions appeared in my head. How was she? Was she okay? Did she ask about me? Did she miss me...?

Hebe walked towards me. But I just ignore her until she said, “Aaron…I just called Gui Gui…”

No…why must she say her name in front of me? I felt my heart was in pain again.

“Umm…she asked me about you. She wondered why you never contact her again…” she continued.

I ignored her, hoped she will stop talking about her.

“Aaron…” she called me and I still ignored her.

“Don’t disturb me. I’m busy,” I said as cold as I could.
Please…stop talking about her…I was hurt enough…

“But…Gui Gui…” she tried to talk again but I interrupted her.

“I’m busy, Hebe…can’t you stop pestering me just to talk about her?”

I turned to her as she spoke again, “Aaron…Gui Gui…”

“I said stop talking about her,” I interrupted her for the second time.

“Why? Why I must stop talking about her? What’s wrong with you? Why do you change? She is our best friend! You even never call her again in these three months? Why? She waits for you, do you know it? Since when you become like this? I think you really care about her?” suddenly she shouted to me.

Her words made the wound in my heart became worse than before.

I stood up and shouted back to her, let out my anger out. “Stop act like you know about my feelings! You don’t know everything! You can’t understand what I feel right now!”

I rushed out of the room and made my way to the dorm. I entered my room and slammed the door hardly.

I leaned my back against the wall and slowly slipped on the floor. I wanted to shout my heart out…

I didn’t only hurt Gui Gui, but also Hebe. I just couldn’t control myself when she said that and everything what she said was true.

I also wanted to shout that I miss Gui Gui a lot…I wanted to tell everyone that I really love her…that I couldn’t stand when she wasn’t here with me…

Gui…did you miss me?

................................................................................................................

I couldn’t believe it. The year was like in the hell passed. I could back. I could meet her again. I could meet Gui Gui!

I couldn’t hide my happiness. My lips curled into smile and never wanted to disappear. I kept pestering Hebe, asked her to pack quicken. I couldn’t wait the time I could see Gui Gui again.

“Hey…Hebs…pack quicker! I don’t want we’re late…” I said to Hebe, even still smiled but I was annoyed she was too slow to pack her things.

“Ei…you better help me than just kept disturbing me!” she protested.

“Okay…okay…” I stood up and started to help her.

Left Europe, I felt really light. That wasn’t I didn’t like here, but I was just so excited to meet Gui Gui again. But suddenly a thought flashed in my mind.

Was she angry to me for I didn’t contact her? Did she miss me? What will I say when I met her? Must I just confess to her? Will she love me back?

I kept thinking as we arrived in Taiwan. My euphoria back into my heart and I asked Hebe, “Eh, Hebs…you don’t call Gui Gui, do you? I want to make this became surprise for her.”

“Mmm…” she seemed so tired.

“Good!” I said happily. “Now…let’s go to her house!”

I took her hand and led her to leave the airport, went to Gui Gui’s house.

“Ei! We just arrive! We’re even still in the airport!” she stopped me.

I ignored her. I dragged her and called the cab. I glanced to her who sat beside me. I sighed.

“Let’s go home first,” I said to her as she just nodded.

I was so impatient to meet her. It was just a few hours after I and Hebe were home; I picked her up to go to Gui Gui’s house. She almost screamed when saw I appeared in her house. But at least, she followed me to go to Gui Gui’s house.

We arrived at her house. But it was so empty. Where was Gui?
“You think…is Gui Gui home?” I asked Hebe.

“I don’t know. But her house seems so empty,” she said as we looked around and found her house was really empty.

“Maybe she’s not home…” she finally said.

I couldn’t hide my disappointment. I really wanted to meet her. I couldn’t wait to see her again, to see her smile, to hear her voice. It was been three years I waited this moment…

Right…three years I waited…just a few hours more, it wouldn’t be bothered.

Smile appeared on my face automatically. “Why don’t we wait for her? Just a few hours…that’s no matter. She has waited for us for years…”

She agreed. We stood in front of Gui Gui’s house as we chatted happily. We chatted about the funny moments when we were in Europe. She didn’t ever mention the moment when I turned into a freak. I knew she didn’t want to make me felt uneasy. But I just wanted to apologize to her.

“Hebs…” I called.

“Yes?”

“Umm…I’m sorry…” I said.

“For what?” she lifted up her right eyebrow.

“You know…I…I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to be so cold towards you…I was just so depressed with everything…” I explained.

She shook her head. “It’s okay, Aaron…”

She smiled to be and I smiled back.

“Hebs…I…” I wanted to tell her I really regretted but I was interrupted by someone who was shouting.

I and Hebe turned around and saw two figures not far from me. One was a guy. And in front of him was a girl. And that girl…I couldn’t believe my eyes…She was Gui Gui!

Suddenly I saw that guy pulled her and kissed her. I felt my blood was boiling inside me as I could feel my heart crushed.

She pulled him and shouted, “What are you doing?”

I clenched my fist when saw he grasped her shoulders and said, “Why do you forget me, Gui? I never forget you…Do you remember the boy that you brought to your home years ago because he helped you when you’re lost? That’s me…do you know who is the boy that asked me to the ball when you were in Junior High School? That’s me…”

I didn’t understand what he was talking about. What I got just Gui Gui was someone important in his life. But that wasn’t the right reason for him to kiss her!

He pulled her on his arms and those words were out from his mouth, the words that I always wanted to say…

“I never forget you…and I never stop loving you…why do you forget me?”

I felt I never be angrier than now. Why did she just silence? Let him to hug her, even she wasn’t angry he kissed her. That wasn’t what she would do three years ago…she will punched or at least slapped the guy who was dare to kiss her…she will scold at him, shout at him…but why did she just remain silent?

I couldn’t hold my anger anymore as I rushed to them. I pushed them apart then punched that guy right on his face.

“Stop!!!” I heard she and Hebe screamed at the same time. I stopped unwillingly because a punch wasn’t the enough exchange for kiss Gui Gui.

I turned around and saw her eyes widened when she saw me.

“Aaron…” she said unbelievingly.

I just remained silent and didn’t dare to talk. I just stared at her face that I missed so much.

“Why…are you here?” she stuttered.

“I come back…for you…” I whispered.

For my surprised, she laughed immediately.

“For me? Are you kidding? I think you forget me already,” she said.

“I don’t forget you! How can I?”

“You do forget me…I know it,” she said as she approached that guy.

“Here Wang Zi…come to my house…I’ll help you to apply medicine,” she helped him to stood up.

At that time I just saw his face, that Wang Zi’s face properly. My blood was boiling again because I realized that he was that guy! The same guy in three years ago.
I grabbed Gui Gui’s hand when she was about to leave with that jerk.

“Let me go,” she said coldly.

“No…” I shook my head. “I come back for you…why don’t you believe it? Don’t you even miss me just for a little?”

She turned her head away. “Why do you care?”

“Of course I care!” I raised my voice. “Why do you change? You’re not like Gui Gui in three years ago! Why do you change? Is it because of him?”

She laughed coldly, bitterly as my heart was pain more than before.

“So what if I change? Why do you bother? Why don’t you just stay in Europe and never come back?” she shouted to me and rushed entering her house with that jerk.

“Aaron…are you okay?” Hebe who remained silent suddenly spoke.

But I just ignored her.

Why don’t you just stay in Europe and never come back?

Those words killed me as well. I couldn’t hear everything anymore, I couldn’t see everything anymore. I even couldn’t feel everything anymore. I felt like my heart was dead. I felt like I fell into the emptiness.

Gui Gui…it was too late to come back?

I chuckled bitterly.

Of course I was late. Two years she waited but I didn’t come back. One year I broke my promise to her.

Even the words ‘I Love You’ was too late already to say…