Chapter 10

..FriendLove..

 

//FriendLove 4//

Gui Gui was sat alone on the chair in front of the college library. She tried to concentrate to the book that she read but she couldn’t. She couldn’t snap out the image of Aaron was standing in front of her, told her that he came back for her.

She wanted to believe it but she didn’t want to be disappointed again. If Aaron lied, if he didn’t come back for her, if he finally left again, she will fall in the same hole. The hole where she fell because she hoped Aaron will come back, but he didn’t.

“Why are you back just now? I want to believe you but I don’t want to be hurt again…” she let tears fell on her cheeks.

“Gui Gui?” She turned around and saw Wang Zi approached her.

“Why are you crying?” he asked in concern, but Gui Gui just shook her head as she wiped her tears.

“I’m okay,” she said weakly.

“Is that Aaron again?” Wang Zi asked.

“I…”

“You cry because you remember him again?” Wang Zi asked again.

“That’s…”

Gui Gui didn’t know what to say. Wang Zi couldn’t stand her confused feeling.

“Gui…” Wang Zi called, his face turned to serious. “I’m serious about yesterday…”

“What yesterday?” Gui Gui asked confusedly.

Wang Zi looked through her eyes, made her heart jumped a little. “About I love you,” Wang Zi said softly, but at the same time seriously.

“That’s…” she inhaled. “I don’t know what to say,” Gui Gui answered honestly.

“Do you hate me?” Wang Zi asked.

“No! Of course no!” Gui Gui said quickly. “I’m just…”

Wang Zi interrupted her. “You can’t love me back?”

Gui Gui bent her head down. She felt guilty, since just Wang Zi was by her side when Aaron and Hebe weren’t there.

“Why?” Wang Zi whispered. “Why? I’m not good enough for you?”

“No!” Gui Gui shook her head immediately.

“Then why?”

Gui Gui bent her head down again. Why? She also didn’t know why. Why can’t she accept his love? He was so good to her. He’s handsome, smart and kind. Why can’t she accept him?

“Is it because…” he hung her words.

“What?”

“Do you love Aaron?” he asked almost whisper.

Gui Gui was surprised by Wang Zi’s question. What kind of question was that? She loves Aaron? She loves him? That’s funny!

“You’re kidding, right?” Gui Gui let out a fake laugh. “How can I…”

Wang Zi interrupted her. “Do you love him?”

She was silent for awhile. Does she love him? Him? Her best friend? How can she? That was won’t happen…or was it true?

Wang Zi looked so disappointed when saw Gui Gui’s reaction. He hoped she would say no confidently. He hoped she would laugh at him and said he was crazy to think like that. But she didn’t. She just silenced. She was speechless.

“I must go. Think about it,” he gave her a fake smile.

Before Gui Gui could say anything, Wang Zi left her. He felt was like a fool. Who cares he loves her for a long time? She never and will never loves him back.

Gui Gui watched his back disappeared as his words kept in her mind.

Do you love him?

Does she love him?

Do I love him?

………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Aaron, are you okay?” Hebe asked Aaron who was walking silently beside her, entering their new college. He became so silent since yesterday night.

Hebe felt the mix feelings inside her. Must she be happy that Gui Gui didn’t want to forgive him? Or sad? If Gui Gui and Aaron became like this forever, she will have the chance to get Aaron. But…she couldn’t stand it when her two best friends fought like this, especially because of her. Because she forced Aaron to go to Europe with her.

“I’m okay,” Aaron answered in a flat tone.

“You seem so weird today,” she told honestly.

“I’m okay,” he repeated as he continued walking. His thought was still blank like yesterday night. He just kept walking and didn’t notice he walked alone, since Hebe just watched him in confused.

Was it too hurt for him if Gui Gui couldn’t forgive him?
Why? If it was Hebe, will he feel the same?

Will he be like this if she ignored him like Gui Gui did?
Does he love her?

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Gui Gui walked slowly in the hallway, alone again. Her mind was still filled with Wang Zi’s words. Those words didn’t want to out of her thought, and she started to be pissed of that.

She didn’t notice around her. She too engrossed with her own thought, made her accidentally bumped into someone.

“Sorry,” she said but then she was shocked when saw whom she bumped into.

“Hebe…”

“Gui Gui!” she said enthusiastically.

“Why are you here?” Gui Gui asked.

“I go to this college, so does Aaron,” Hebe answered as Gui Gui’s face turned into sad.

“Gui…can we talk?” Hebe asked, more like beg.

Gui Gui thought for a moment before she nodded.

They went to the café where they always visited three years ago together. They sat on the seat where they sat three years ago. It was like that three years never happened. It was like they’re back to the time three years ago.

“This remind me to the old time,” Hebe smiled.

Gui Gui nodded enthusiastically. “Yes! I really miss that time!”

Hebe got the way to the conversation that she wanted.

“Gui,” she called. “Do you really miss that time?”

“Of course!” she said.

“Then…why don’t you forgive Aaron?”

Gui Gui remained silent when heard that question. Hebe sighed when saw she refused to answer.

“You can forgive me too easy. You want to hang out with me again, back to the old time. But why can’t you forgive Aaron?”

“I…”

Why? That word again. Why? Why can’t she forgive him? Was that so difficult?

Inside, Hebe was fighting between her love and her friendship. She wanted to defend her love of her friendship? Which must she choose?

Then she remembered how sad Aaron now. She felt jealous. Why wasn’t her? Why can’t her? Why can’t he love her? She was better than Gui Gui, but why wasn’t her became his love?

“I love Aaron,” those words just out of Hebe’s mouth without thinking, made she herself and Gui Gui were shocked.

“What?” Gui Gui asked unbelievingly.

“I…love Aaron,” Hebe whispered. “Is it okay if I were with him?”

Gui Gui’s mind was blank. She didn’t answer nor respond. She just remained silent.

“I take it as yes,” Hebe said before she gathered her things. “I leave. Bye…”

Gui Gui still silenced, even Hebe disappeared already.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Gui Gui lifted up her face and stared at the twilight sky. It was the same sky, the same place where she waited for Aaron, on the rooftop of her Senior High School.

She closed her eyes and felt the breeze caressed her face gently. But she couldn’t enjoy it like before. Her mind was in mess now. First, Wang Zi asked her if she loved Aaron. And then Hebe told her that she loves Aaron.

What should she do?

She chuckled, realized her question was lame. What should she do? Why must she do something? Why must she feel uneasy when she knew that Hebe loved Aaron? That’s not a big deal. She should know it from the start. And she should know that Aaron had the same feeling with Hebe.

She felt tears burned her eyes. Even she denied it all over the time, her heart won’t accept that denial. Deep in her heart, there was love and she just could deny it.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Aaron stepped entering his High School that he had left for three years. He missed this place. He missed when he walked together with Gui Gui and Hebe to the school. He missed to teas Gui Gui. He missed to hear her yell when he messed her hair. He miss be chased by her around the school.

“Aaron Yan?”

He turned around and saw his favorite teacher, Miss Wang.
“Miss Wang,” he greeted politely.

“How have you been? There’s no news about you for these three years,” she asked.

“I’ve been good,” he lied.

“Oh…I’m happy to hear that,” she said. “Aaron, when did you come back?”

“Yesterday,” he answered shortly.

“Did you go to see Gui Gui already?” she asked as Aaron’s face turned to sad when heard Gui Gui’s name. “Do you know she always comes here and waits for you for three years?”

Aaron stared at her unbelievingly. “Three years? You mean…she still waits for me for these three years?”

She smiled when saw how happy Aaron to hear that. “Yes. She never stops, I know it. She always comes to the rooftop everyday, waits for you there…until this day she…”

Miss Wang couldn’t finish her words because Aaron rushed to the rooftop already. She just shook her head and her smile widened.

Aaron ran as fast as he could. She waited for him. She never stops to wait. She just lied when she said why he didn’t stay in Europe forever. He never felt this hopeful than before.

He opened the door and stepped on the rooftop. He smiled when saw Gui Gui was sitting, staring at the sky.

“You’ve lied to me. You never stop to wait for me,” he said when he was in front of her already.

Gui Gui lifted up her face and surprised to see him. She stood up and was about to leave, but Aaron grabbed her hand.

“You lie, right?” he asked as he looked through her eyes.

She felt like suffocated. She managed to talk as calm as she could. “I don’t lie to you. Why do you think I still wait for you?”

“Then why do you always come here everyday?” he asked stubbornly.

“There’s no connection with you,” she swung her arm off and walked towards the door.

Aaron hugged her from behind and held her tightly.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered. “Please forgive me.”

She struggled, tried to get free. But Aaron’s hug just too tight, she couldn’t get free.

“Gui…is it too late?”

She tried to hold her tears as she said, “Very late.”

“Can’t I get the second chance?”

“You lost it already,” Gui Gui said coldly.

“Why? Is it because that guy?” Aaron couldn’t help but asked.

“Do you love him?” this question kept in his mind since yesterday night.

Gui Gui didn’t answer. She was too busy to hold back her tears. Aaron felt his heart cracked.

“You really love him?” he loosened his hug, didn’t have strength anymore.

She turned around and stared at him. “Wang Zi is the one who always by my side when I’m alone. He’s the first person who gave me a hand to help me stood up. He’s the first person who really cares to me. He’s the first…”

“Does it mean yes?” Aaron asked as her heart ripped into small pieces.

Gui Gui turned around as the tears rolled down on her cheeks.

“Why do you come back?” she asked. “Why do you come back just now? Why do you come back and ruin my life?” she raised her voice. “Why must you come back and hurt me again?”

Aaron spun her around and sealed her lips with his. He grabbed onto her nape and pulled her closer to him. He was out of thinking. He kissed her hardly. She just froze and didn’t move. At that time she wanted to close her eyes and kiss him back, but then she remembered about Hebe.

I love Aaron.

She loves him…

Gui Gui tried to push Aaron away but he held her tightly. She pounded her fists onto his chest as her tears fell uncontrollably. Aaron felt her tears and it made him back to himself. He let go of her.

“I hate you, Aaron Yan! I hate you!” she shouted to him and ran leaving him.

Aaron stood there, with his heart was broke. He never felt this helpless, this hopeless before. He didn’t cry, he didn’t felt anything, even he didn’t feel a little pain. Because his heart was dead right when she let out the word ‘hate’ from .