Chapter 7

..FriendLove..

 

Story from Gui Gui//FriendLove 3//

“I’ll graduate tomorrow,” I tell happily.

“Really? I think you can’t graduate with your score that’s so low…” Aaron teased me.

“Ey…don’t consider me so mean! I always get the high score since you and Hebe left…” I protested.

I heard him laughed. “I know…you’re so bored because I’m not there, right? So all what you can do just study...”

“Your hope!”

He laughed again. “Ei, I must practice again now…I’ll call you later!”

“Oh…okay! Send my regards to Hebe.”

“Alright…alright…” he said, was about to hung up, but I stopped him.

“Aaron…wait!”

“What?”

“Two years?” I asked.

“Two years,” he ensured me.

I smiled and leaned my back against the wall. I lifted up my face and stared at the sky. I always loved watching sky from this rooftop. I watched the sky with Aaron and Hebe usually. But they weren’t here now. I just could watch by myself.

I sighed. I’ll graduate tomorrow. It meant I couldn’t spend my time here anymore. I’ll miss this place so much, the place where I met Aaron at the first time.

I smiled and took out my small calendar.

One year three months five days later…he will come back!

………………………………………………………………………………………………

(Promise is the words that come out from someone’s mouth. They can break it anytime.)

One and half year later…

“I’m sorry, Gui…I gotta go now,” Hebe said.

“Wait, Hebs…how is Aaron?” I asked doubtfully.

“Umm…he’s practicing now. He seems so busy…”

“Oh…it’s okay,” I said sadly and then hung up.

I stared at the sky from the same rooftop. Even I graduated already, I still came here everyday, just to see the same scene from the same place like years later.

Two years and they still hadn’t come back. I still stared this sky alone. I still went to the college alone. I still went home alone.

They were invited to another show again. They just could back one year later. He broke his promise, but I understood. I just couldn’t understand why he stopped contacting me? He never called me again. I knew he was busy, but these three months, couldn’t he call me just once?

Did he forget me already?

………………………………………………………………………………………………
Two months later…

Two months passed and I still stared this sky alone. Completely alone now. Hebe also stopped contacting me since one month ago. Were they really busy?

I sighed. They forgot me, I was sure. He forgot me, forgot his promise. And I was like a fool still waiting for them. I was so stupid.

I closed my eyes and felt the wind blew my hair, slowly and softly. And my tears were just out from my eyes, one drop by one drop. I felt like I was left. My fear was happened. They left me. That was really hurt…

Aaron…why did you promise if you never could fulfill it?
My tears fell more and more.

“Why do I always see you cry when I meet you?”

I opened my eyes and saw a guy squatted in front of me, smiled. I stared at him in confusion.

“A little girl cries alone, so ironic…”

Those words…

He sat down beside me.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Accompany you. I can’t let a girl cries alone by herself,” he said.

That memory appeared in my head.

“You!” I pointed him, forgot my cry.

“Eh, you still remember me?” he pointed himself as I nodded enthusiastically.

“Why are you here?”

“This is my brother’s school,” he told. “Why are you here? I think you’re in college already?”

“How can you know?”

“I’m in the same college with you,” he smiled.

“What? How can I don’t know?”

“Because you never notice around you. But I always notice you. You’re famous…”

“Me?” I asked unbelievingly. “Oh, of course! I’m the freak of the college. How can I forget?” I laughed awkwardly.

“No…not because of that…” his answer made me surprised.

I gave him ‘then why’ look.

“Because my eyes always catch you,” his smile widened.

I just could give him a confused look.

“Gui…” he called.

He even knew my name

“Can I know…why do you always get bullied by everyone? Since when?” he asked me.

“Why do you ask?” I asked back. No one ever asked me this question.

“I just want to know,” he shrugged his shoulders.

“Umm…that was started when I was in Junior High School,” I told. I didn’t know why, but I just want to tell him. “At that time, the most handsome boy at my school asked me to go to the ball together, but I rejected him. I rather picked my classmate than him.”

“Why did you reject him?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “I never talked to him, and he just said that he loves me. How can I accept him?”

“You’re right,” he agreed.

“Then, his fans ruined my first dance party,” I continued telling. “Since that time they always bully me. Thing that I hate the most is that boy, who is the one who made me is hated by everyone just disappeared since that night. And I also hate when I must accept that I’m always in the same school with his fans, in Senior High School until in college. They said me a freak, because I rejected that boy. And everyone who even doesn’t know me starts to bully me too…”

He silenced for a moment, and I also silenced.

“Are you sure you never talked to him?” he broke the silence.

Suddenly that memory bothered me again.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Mum…where are you?” I cried and looked around. I got lost.
I fell on the ground, but I just continued crying, until someone offered his hand to me.

I lifted up my face and saw the little boy smiled to me. I took his hand without doubt and he helped me stood up.

“Why are you crying?” he asked me.

“I’m lost…I don’t know where my Mum is…” I cried harder.

“Don’t cry…let we look for your Mum together…” he led me to walk together.

“Gui Gui!” suddenly I heard my Mum shouted. I turned around and saw Mum was running towards me.

“Oh dear…I’m so afraid when I realize you are lost…” she hugged me immediately.

Then when she pulled back, she looked at that boy.

“Who is he?” Mum asked me.

“He’s the one who help me, Mum…”

“Son, where are your family? I’ll bring you to your family,” Mum said.

“I don’t have family,” he shook his head.

“Mum…can we have him, Mum? Mum…I want him…” I pleaded.

“Ei…what just you say is like you’re going to have a pet…” Mum protested.

“Mum…let bring him home…” I pleaded again.

Mum sighed until decided to bring him home.

He became my best friend. He always protected me when someone bullies me. He was just like my prince who always saved me.

But one week later, his family came to my house to take him away.

“No…don’t go…” I cried as I grabbed his arm.

He looked at me and smiled. “I must go.”

“No…I don’t want to…if you go, who will be my prince that always saves me?” I cried harder.

“I always guard you…believe it…but you must learn to save yourself by yourself…” he patted my head. “Be strong, okay?”

I nodded as he entered the car. I chased that car until it disappeared. I never met him again. I started to forget how he looked.

Be strong, okay?

Just those words kept in my head.
………………………………………………………………………………………………

I shook my head. That was years ago, when I was still child. Why did I remember again suddenly?

“Hello, back on earth, Gui?” he waved his hand in front of my face.

“Huh? What did you asked?”

He sighed. “I asked, are you sure you never talked to him?”

“Yes…” I answered doubtfully.

He looked disappointed.

“Ei, Gui…” he called.

“Yes?”

“Wanna be friends?”

I looked at him unbelievingly. No one asked me like that except Aaron and Hebe.

“Of course!”

He smiled. “Okay, consider that we just meet.” He took out his hand and said, “I’m Qiu Sheng Yi. But just call me Wang Zi.”

I laughed as I took his hand and shook it, “Wang Zi? Why are you called Wang Zi?”

“Umm…maybe because I’m as handsome as a prince?”

“Eww…narcissist…”

We laughed together. Then we chatted about everything. I felt comfortable with him. This was the first time I felt so happy after years ago, after they left me…

………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Gui!” I heard someone shouted. I turned around and saw Wang Zi ran towards me.

“Wait me…” he caught his breath.

We walked together as many pairs of eyes followed us.

“Umm…Wang Zi…I think everyone is staring at us…” I whispered to him.

“Who cares?” he said carelessly.

“I am…”

“Don’t care about them,” he held my hand. “Let’s go. We’re almost late…”

I stared at our hands that intertwined. “Umm…we?” I asked.

“We have the same class this morning,” he told. “Let’s go…we’re really late…”

He led me to run to our first class today.

This was the first time I had someone to sit beside me in the class.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

I walked happily as I hummed. Be friends with Wang Zi was really made me happy.

Suddenly someone grabbed my hand and threw me on the floor. Ouch, that’s hurt. I looked up and saw some girls glared at me. They’re again. They were some of many people who always bullied me.

“What do you want?” I asked boringly.

“What do we want?” one of them mocked. “We want to give you a lesson!”

“I don’t need it,” I stood up but they pushed me again, made me fell on the floor for the second time.

“You need it!” she said harshly. “You dare to approach Wang Zi…you must receive the risk…”

“What are you doing?” suddenly a voice was heard. They turned around and I could tell their face became pale.

“Wang Zi…” one of them stuttered.

“Out of my sight before I do anything harsh to you,” Wang Zi said coldly. They ran immediately, but Wang Zi grabbed her arm, the girl who pushed me.

“Don’t bully her again or I’ll ruin your life,” he warned as she swung her arms off and ran.

I just stared at him unbelievingly. He was the only person who saved me like that, except Aaron.

Aaron…my heart was hurt again when I remembered him.

A hand in front of me surprised me. I lifted up my face and saw Wang Zi I was offering his hand to me. I took it and stood up.

“Thank you,” I said.

“I’m sorry…you get bully because of me,” he apologized.

“It’s okay,” I smiled. “We’re friends, right?”

He smiled back. “Yes, we’re friends…”

……………………………………………………………………………………………....

Five months later, I and Wang Zi became best friends. That reminded me with Aaron again. But I just snapped it out of my head. Why I always remember him while he forgot me already?

But I just couldn’t forget him, even I wanted to. And from the bottom of my heart, it screamed to me and said I mustn’t forget him.

Be with Wang Zi always reminded me to Aaron. Like now, when Wang Zi sent me home. Just like always Aaron did three years ago.

“Someone is musing…” Wang Zi teased me.

“I’m not musing,” I denied.

“Yes, you are…”

“No…” I told. “I just…remember someone…”

“Aaron?” he asked.

“How can you know?” I asked back.

“I know everything,” he said proudly. But then his face turned to sad.

When we arrived at my house, I turned to him to bid goodbye, but he interrupted me.

“Why do you still remember him?” he suddenly asked. “He left you, right? Why do you still remember him?”

“I just…can’t forget him…” I told honestly.

“You can’t forget him?” he shouted. “Then, why you forget me?”

“What are…”

I couldn’t finish my words, because he pulled me and next second I knew that his lips were against mine.

I shocked and couldn’t move. But when I was back on earth, I pushed him away.

“What are you doing?” I shouted to him, as I wiped my lips with hand.

He grabbed my shoulders and gripped it tightly. He looked at me with pain in his eyes.

“Why do you forget me, Gui? I never forget you…” he said. “Do you remember the boy that you brought to your home years ago because he helped you when you’re lost? That’s me…do you know who is the boy that asked me to the ball when you were in Junior High School? That’s me…”

He pulled me on his arms and hugged me tightly. “I never forget you…and I never stop loving you…why do you forget me?”

I was speechless. I didn’t know what to say, when suddenly someone pushed us apart and gave a punch to Wang Zi right on his face.

“Stop!” I screamed, the same time with someone who also yelled.

I turned to saw who was she, and I couldn’t believe my eyes. Then I turned back to that guy who punched Wang Zi and my eyes widened.

“Aaron…”