Chapter 5

..FriendLove..

 

Story from Hebe//FriendLove 2//

“Aaron!” I shouted when I saw his figure walked slowly alone.

He turned around. I stopped in front of him as I caught my breath.

We walked together, but I thought he was so strange today. He wasn’t like usual. He just kept silent and didn’t smile to me even once. Okay, not just today but since yesterday night, after we caught Gui Gui was with another guy.

“Um…Aaron?” I called. He turned to me.

“Why are you so…silent today?” I asked doubtfully.

He just shook his head and continued walking. I just followed him.

“Hey Aaron! Hebe!!!” suddenly I heard someone shouted.

“Hey, Gui!” I smiled when I saw Gui Gui approached us.

I glanced to Aaron and he didn’t smile to Gui Gui, not like usual. I could sense his anger. Okay, I was getting confuse now. Why was he angry?

I elbowed his stomach, signed him to greet Gui Gui back. He ignored me and looked at the other direction. This guy…what’s wrong with him?

“Hey…Aaron?” Gui gui patted his shoulder. “What’s wrong with you?”

He didn’t answer.

Gui Gui turned to me and asked, “Did he drink medicine wrongly or what?”

All that I could do just shrugged my shoulders. I also didn’t know what’s wrong with him.

Gui Gui followed my act, shrugged her shoulders. But for my surprise, she suddenly smiled. “I watched your performance yesterday! That’s great!”

“Thanks!” I smiled back to her, glad she likes our performance.

But the reaction from Aaron, he just silenced. I and Gui Gui turned to him.

“You watched it? I think you had fun outside?” he said harshly and walked away as I was sure now why he acted so strange.

“I’ll talk to him,” I said to Gui Gui, and then chased Aaron.

“Wait! Aaron!” I called and grabbed his arm. He turned to me.

“What?”

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked. “Your act is so strange! Are you angry? Why?”

“I’m not angry,” he denied.

“You’re angry,” I guessed. “To me? Or to Gui Gui?”

“I’m not angry,” he repeated his words and continued to walk.

“You’re angry to Gui Gui, right?” I shouted. “You’re angry to her just because she has another guy who is so close to her except you! Are you jealous? Do you know that you’re so childish? You can’t forbid your best friend to have boyfriend!”

I turned around and walked leaving him who froze when heard my words.

Aaron…was you really jealous? Why must you be jealous? You should be happy when your best friend has boyfriend…but why you got mad at Gui Gui?

……………………………………………………………………………………………....

I sat on my seat silently. I glanced to Aaron who was paying attention to Teacher Ren seriously. I sighed. Why I must fall in love to my own friend?

Suddenly someone knocked the door and Teacher Lin entered the class. She talked to Teacher Ren for awhile before Teacher Ren nodded.

“Miss Tian and Mr. Yan, the principal looked for you,” Teacher Ren said.

Huh? Why did he look for us? Did we do something wrong?

Aaron stood up and walked towards the door. I followed his act and we went to the principal office together.

“Hey, Aaron, you think why the principal look for us?” I asked him as we walked side by side.

“I don’t know,” he answered.

I sighed. Was he still angry? It was one week later and he was still angry?

“Hebs…” he suddenly called.

“Yes?”

“I’m sorry,” he said.

“What?”

“I’m sorry,” he repeated. “I’m sorry. You’re right…I’m so childish…”

I shook my head. “It’s okay…the person whom you must apologize to is Gui Gui…she was so depress because of you!”

“I…”

“Must apologize!” I said.

He refused to answer. Sighed. He could apologize to me easily, why apologize to Gui Gui was so difficult?

We entered the principal office and saw he was talking to a few people.

“Good morning,” we greeted.

He looked glad to see us. “Come here, come here…let me introduce two of you.”

We approached them and the principal started to introduce us to them.

“This is Mr. Yan and Miss Tian. Mr. Yan, Miss Tian, they are from Wizard, the famous music school in Europe,” he said.

We bowed and greeted, “Nice to meet you.”

They whispered each other before nodded a few times.

“Mr. Yan, Miss Tian,” one of them said. “When we saw your performance last week, we’re so attracted by it.”

“Thank you,” I bowed once again.

“We just wonder…if two of you want to join the show that we will hold two years later,” he continued.

“Both of us?” I asked unbelievingly.

“Yes!” he said enthusiastically. “If you agree, your flight will be ready next week.”

“Our flight?” Aaron asked.

He nodded. “Yes…the show is two years later, but two of you must prepare everything in these two years…”

“You mean…we must leave?” Aaron stuttered.

“Of course, Mr. Yan…do you object it?”

He turned to me. I just looked at him hopefully. I really wanted to go there…

………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Hebs…are you sure with our decision?” Aaron asked me when we just out from the principal office.

“Of course! This is our chance, Aaron…”

“But…what’s about Gui Gui?”

God…I forgot!

“Ummm…that’s…I think she will understand…”

“She will understand, but is it okay to just leave her alone here? Can’t we bring her with us?” he asked, frustrated.

“You know Aaron…we can’t…”

He sighed. “I don’t want to leave her…”

He walked by himself, engrossed in his thought. I didn’t follow him. My mind was mess. I know I will have many chance to get Aaron’s heart by go to Europe, but I also didn’t want to leave Gui Gui…

………………………………………………………………………………………………

“You tell her,” I said to Aaron, but he shook his head.

Tomorrow we will leave to Europe, but still we didn’t tell Gui Gui about that. This one week, we argued who will tell her, but no one of us wanted to do that.

“I can’t,” he said. “I can’t tell her…”

“I also can’t tell her…” I argued. “You know, before I can tell her, I’ll cry uncontrollably…”

“But I can’t tell her, too…” he argued back. “I don’t want to see her…with her sad face…”

This time I didn’t argue back, because Aaron’s face was really sad now.

“What should we do then?” I asked, was about to cry. Stupid I am! Why I must cry?

I heard he sighed. “I’ll tell her…”

………………………………………………………………………………………………

I shifted on the couch in my house uncomfortably. I glanced to the watch on the wall each ten minutes. Did Aaron tell her already? What was her reaction? I couldn’t imagine it…what if she got mad? What if she became hate us? No…I didn’t want she hated us…

The door bell rang, snapped me out from my thought. I rushed to the door and opened it quickly.

I saw Aaron stared at me sadly. No…did Gui Gui really become hate us?

“Aaron? What…”

He interrupted me by hug.

My heart pumped hardly. His scene, his touch, made my worry faded away.

“Hebs…can we just stay here? Can we…don’t go?” he whispered.
I pulled him immediately.

“What are you talking about? You agree already, why do you change your mind again?”

“I can’t, Hebs…I can’t tell her…I scare…I scare she will hate us…”

I sighed. “I also scare, but what should we do? Just leave her without tell her?”

“No…that’s not I mean…I just hope…we can stay here…” he said.

“But…why?” I asked, almost whispered.

“You know why…I don’t want to leave her alone and…”

“And what?” I shouted. “You think I want to leave her? I also don’t want but we must choose! This is our chance, don’t you understand? Do you know how I hope we can grab this chance and at the same time no need to leave her?”

He slipped to the ground, leaned his head on the wall, as he closed his eyes.

“I’m sorry, Hebs…I know you feel same with me…I just…I just can’t leave her…I can’t tell her…” he whispered.

I squatted beside him. “We still can tell her with other way…”

He opened his eyes and looked at me with question on his face.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Aaron sat on the chair silently as he just stared blankly at nowhere. I walked back and forth as I looked at my watch again. 08.12.

We waited for Gui Gui. We passed the letter for her in front of her house already. We hoped she’ll read it and come here to send us. But she didn’t come even we waited for her an hour already.

“Is she angry and decide to not come?” I asked to Aaron. He didn’t answer. He seemed engrossed in his thought.

I walked back and forth again until the speaker told the passengers of the flight to Europe must enter the plane now.

I turned to Aaron. “What should we do? She really doesn’t come…”

He stood up, but he didn’t answer me. The speaker spoke again and I started to panic.

“Aaron…we must go now…” I said as I took my luggage, but Aaron stopped me.

“We can’t go…like this…” he shook his head.

“But…” I sighed. “We must go now…” I said stubbornly and walked towards the entrance door. He grabbed my hand.

“You don’t want to wait her?” he asked me.

“I want but…we’ll be late,” I continued walking.

“Hebs…we can’t go…” he followed me, tried to stop me.

I tired, tired with all of this. When did he stop act like this? He never thought about me…just Gui Gui…Gui Gui…and Gui Gui…

I tried to hold my tears as I ignored Aaron. This was so hard to leave Gui Gui but at the same time, I knew I must do this. To achieve my dream, and to get Aaron’s heart…

Since when I became this selfish?

Suddenly Aaron turned back and ran away. I turned around and saw Gui Gui was kneeling on the floor, crying. I ran towards her, followed what Aaron did. I hugged her immediately and couldn’t hold my tears anymore.

“Gui…I think you won’t come…”

She also cried. God…I felt so bad I had a bad thought of my best friend…when saw she cried like this, I realized how I didn’t want to leave her.

“I’ll miss you…” I whispered. “You’re my best friend…I will miss you…”

I pulled back and she nodded.

I felt pain when Aaron gripped her hands tightly and said, “Wait for me, Gui…will you? Wait for me…just two years…I’ll come back for you…I promise…”

It was just like…thousands knife stabbed my heart. He hugged her, begged her to wait for him. “Please…say you will wait for me…”

“Will you, Gui?” he asked again, and my tears fell more and more.

When Gui Gui finally nodded, he pulled back.

I didn’t want to see this. The way he stared at her, the way he touched her face, I didn’t want to see that…

“I’ll miss you, my little ghost…” he kissed her forehead, and I just could watch it, hope they knew I was hurt.

I was really stupid. I was the one who must know that this was so hard for them, just like me, Aaron was so sad to leave her. We’re always together and now we must be separated.

I hugged Gui Gui again before turned around. I walked with Aaron on my side. Happy, Hebe? You had Aaron but you must leave one of your best friends…

I glanced to Aaron, wondered what he felt now. Was this just in my head? This was the first time I saw the tears out from his eyes…