Chapter 4

..FriendLove..

 

Story from Gui Gui//FriendLove 2//

I dragged my feet to enter the school. Even talked to that-strange-guy-that-accompany-me-yesterday made me better, but I still didn’t know what should I react when I met Aaron and Hebe.

I sighed. Why I must be like this…just reacted like usual, Gui!

My eyes caught them was walking together side by side. I felt something again in my heart. God…what’s wrong with me?

“Hey Aaron! Hebe!!!” I shouted and ran towards them, tried to react like usual.

“Hey, Gui!” Hebe smiled, but Aaron didn’t. He seemed…like he was angry.

Hebe elbowed his stomach, but he just looked at the other direction, avoiding my eyes. What’s wrong with him?

“Hey…Aaron?” I patted his shoulder. “What’s wrong with you?”

He didn’t answer. He just silenced. Strange. He usual teased me every time he had chance.

I turned to Hebe. “Did he drink medicine wrongly or what?”
Hebe shrugged her shoulders.

I also shrugged my shoulders, and then smiled, “I watched your performance yesterday! That’s great!”

“Thanks!” Hebe smiled back.

I turned to Aaron, so did Hebe. We waited his reaction. But he just said harshly, “You watched it? I think you had fun outside?”

He walked away.

“I’ll talk to him,” Hebe said to me before she chased him.

I just stood there. What’s wrong with him? He never acted like this to me. He never talked so harshly even once to me.

Suddenly my tears fell without I knew. I wiped it away quickly. Why I must cry? But my tears fell again. This time I ignored it. I ran away, crying my heart out.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

I leaned my back against the wall. I was waiting for Aaron. I knew he was angry to me even I didn’t know why, but I still waited for him to go home together.

Two hours passed but he didn’t show up. I kept waiting. My thought flew to one day I ever got mad to him because he made me waited for two hours. Even I kept cursing him while I was waiting, but I was still in my place. I still waited him until he came to go home together.

I smiled. Will he apologize this time? Must I get mad at him? I shook my head. No…he was just angry to me. I didn’t want to make everything worse.

Three hours and the rain started to pour. He still didn’t show up. Where is he? I glanced at my watch. 5 p.m.

I decided to look for him. I entered the school again. I explored that building, and that I found was he was nowhere.
I walked slowly to the home by myself. I didn’t care the rain made my body wet.

Where was Aaron? Why he didn’t show up? Why did he just leave me? Why was he angry to me? Did I do mistake to him? I stopped and felt the emptiness. I remembered when we went home together and at that time I felt sad, he will do everything just to make me smile. I laughed remember his foolishness at that time, and the same time I cried. Why? Why was he angry to me? Why did I feel really lonely without him? Just a few hours, but it was like years…

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Two weeks. Two weeks I waited for him but he always leave me. Two weeks I went home by myself. Two weeks he ignored and avoided me. Two weeks I cried at the night until I fell asleep. Two weeks I had been so lonely.

I stood and waited for him. I knew I was stupid, waited for him even know he will never show up. But I still waited, I didn’t want to stop.

I slipped on the ground and hugged myself. I felt something was gone inside me.

Aaron…stupid…why you could laugh with Hebe, you could treat her so nice, while you treat me like this? Don’t you know…I couldn’t stand if you like this? What was my mistake? I really didn’t know…

“What are you doing?”

That voice…that tone…I didn’t dare to lift up my face. I scared if it was just my imagination. I scared he will stare at me with anger in his eyes. But…I wanted to see him…

I lifted up my face a little and saw he squatted in front of me. His face was really close with me. My heart was beating fast…my cheeks was getting warm…

I pushed him away and stood up. I was happy to see him, I’ve been waiting him for a long time. But I was afraid he was still mad at me. I decided to leave and stepped away, but he grabbed my hand.

“Don’t go,” he said. His eyes weren’t like I thought. His eyes were sad.

I stared at him in confused.

……………………………………………………………………………………………....

I stood beside him as he sat down on the chair. He brought me to the music room. What was he thinking? What was he doing?

“Why are you…”

He interrupted me. “Don’t talk.”

I looked at him, puzzled. He started to play the piano in front of him. The tone…the song…I didn’t know but I felt really touched with it. There was something in it.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the song. The loneliness, the emptiness inside me faded away when I was with him…I missed him…

Suddenly I felt something touched my cheeks. I opened my eyes and saw him stood in front of me, with his thumb on my cheeks.

“Why are you crying?” he asked softly.

“I…cry?”

He nodded and wiped my tears away.

I wanted to ask why he brought me here, but he pulled me on his arms.

“Aaron?”

He hugged me tightly, didn’t answer.

“Aaron? What are you…”

He interrupted me for the second time. “Don’t talk. Please…let us be like this for a moment…”

I obeyed him. I didn’t talk. I raised my arms and hugged him back. I missed him…I missed him a lot…

………………………………………………………………………………………………

I saw his back disappeared from my sight. I watched the spot were he stood a few moments ago. I really didn’t understand what in his mind.

I turned around and reached the door knob my house, but cancelled to open it and ran away. I made my way towards Hebe’s house.

Why didn’t I think? Hebe must know why Aaron acted so strange.

I caught my breath when I arrived in her house. That’s her! I was about to call her, but I didn’t do it when saw she wasn’t alone.

That figure…I knew it well. That’s Aaron.

I turned around quickly and ran. I didn’t want to be there, not after what I saw.

Were they really dating? He hugged her tightly. Not the way he hugged me. He was like spilled every feelings of him to her.

Was that the reason he ignored me, stopped sending me home? Was that the reason he hugged me like that? Because he was dating with her. It was just like…they cheated one me…

I laughed. Bitter. They didn’t cheat on me…Who am I? I’m just nothing…

I stopped running and kneeled on the ground, let myself cried out loud.

……………………………………………………………………………………………....

The sun shined brightly this morning. But I couldn’t feel the bright. I was dark now. Very dark.

I stepped out from my house. Suddenly something was caught my eyes. A letter?

I took it and read it slowly.

Dear Gui Gui-our little ghost,
We really want to tell you before. But we can’t do it. We’re afraid you’ll get mad at us. Gui…don’t be mad okay? We’re leaving to Europe this morning. We’re invited to join the show there. Like we said before, we want to tell you but we just can’t. Gui…you’re our best friend ever. We really don’t want to leave you but we must. Don’t be mad, please? Our flight was at 8.30 a.m. Will you come to send us? We hope you’ll be there…so we’ll know you forgive us…We’re so sorry, Gui…
Your best friend, Aaron and Hebe

I froze for a moment. They’re leaving? Europe? They left?

I ran as fast as I could. No…they couldn’t leave…no…

Tears burned my eyes, but I didn’t care. I just ran…ran to see them…

I entered the airport quickly, pushed everyone who blocked my way aside. I dragged my feet even they refused to run again. And I saw them, their back, were about to enter the entrance. I quickened my steps. Shout, Gui, shout! I commanded myself, what nothing was out from my mouth.

They entered it. I stopped running, knew I was late. I fell on my knees. I cried. I was stupid…so stupid…

Suddenly I heard quick steps towards me. I lifted up my face and saw them ran back towards me. Hebe hugged me tightly.

“Gui…I think you won’t come…” she cried.

I couldn’t talk. I just cried.

“I’ll miss you…” she whispered before pulled back. “You’re my best friend…I will miss you…”

I nodded.

Aaron grabbed my hands and gripped it tightly.

“Wait for me, Gui…will you? Wait for me…just two years…I’ll come back for you…I promise…” he said, looked through my eyes.

I just silenced. I even didn’t nod. Wait for him…two years…could I without him for two years?

He pulled me and hugged me. “Please…say you will wait for me…”

I cried harder.

“Will you, Gui?”

I nodded. He pulled back and stared at me. He raised his hands and touched my face, traveled my face. He touched my forehead, my eyelids, my nose, caressed my cheeks, then my lips.

“I’ll miss you, my little ghost…” he landed his lips on my forehead. My tears fell uncontrollably.

I closed my eyes and scanned this moment in my heart.

He pulled back and turned around. Hebe gave me hug once again and they left. Left me…left me alone…Aaron…will you come back?

I wiped my tears away. I’ll wait for them. I’ll wait for Aaron. Just two years…I will wait for two years…for Aaron…

Aaron, will you come back?