On Cloud Nine

On Cloud Nine

 

                                PART 4

 

“Kyungsoo! We’re in the same class” an excited Kai came over to us.

He looked over to me and replied “ah yes, Baek got shifted though”

“oh.. sorry” Kai  muttered looking at me with a sorry look.

I try to shake off the feeling and replied “ well, can’t complain now” “ I’ll see you guys later” , I smiled and walked away.

“well, it won’t be that bad.. Right?” I whispered to myself as I searched for my classroom.

And how I was so wrong.                            

 I barely knew the people there and the ones I recognize don’t seem to have an interest in talking to me .I walked over to one of the empty seats at the front and hanged my bag  to set up my books

I didn’t have the urge to talk to anyone since I was already a quiet person not shy but quiet. But it didn’t  stop me from looking around. My eyes scanned the people in the room, only three seats were left  empty so I’m guessing these whole bunch of new faces ( except a few I do know)are going to be the ones I spend my  last year of high school with.

My eyes travel from the left to the right and at every person present in the room.  And there on the corner of the window was a familiar face.

“Park Chanyeol” my lips whispered.

It wasn’t long when his eyes met mine as he turned, and then he gave a huge grin.

And in that mere second, all my nervousness and fears started to melt away, as if his single smile could take away all the worries of man.

 He walked up to me and put his palm high demanding a high-five as he smiled.

I was not much of a high five person so I was clumsy and I had to tip toe to reach his height but he laughed anyway and said “awesome!”

 

Park Chanyeol is a boy I sat with in fifth grade, He was Blithe, jaunty, loud and everything a popular kid was and still is.  It is no surprise because he is good-looking, jet black hair, pale and with a height of 185cm  I would pretty much say he was born to be a runaway model.(which he isn’t because he wants to be a musician ).

He wasn’t much, he was just a ‘hi, good morning’ friend to me

And he would come up with really jokes and we’d laugh

in eight grade he shifted to the other class, so we were just greeting friends.

But now ,here on our last year of high school here we are again, seated right beside each other.

I was put out of my daydream by a boy approaching me.

He was tall, good looking I might add, with ruffled brown hair and tanned skin.

“Are you new here?” he smirked

“um, sort of , used to be in the other class” I replied smiling brightly.

“oh great , names  jung-soo” he devilishly smiled.

“I’m Byun baekhyung, Nice to meet you” I let out a smile

“I’ll be seeing you around” he smirked walking back to his group of friends

“he was nice” I mumbled under my breath

The teacher came in soon after and we continued our classes with a little introduction before starting.

Lunch break was approaching and I was in haste, to meet up with Kyungsoo.

My eyes lingered at the clock, counting under my breath and yet my predictions were on point the “riiiinng” sound came when I counted  down to one.

The students waited for the teacher to walk out then rushed out the doors like scattering ants (probably to the cafeteria) and I walked behind them, not in a rush but slowly and looked quite lost.

BACK IN THE FIREPLACE

“ding-ding” the oven disturbs us and I had to get up leaving a silly Hana smiling ,wrapped in her blanket.

 I come back after 5 minutes, finishing the dinner preparations and was greeted with an impatient Hana pouting slightly.

“I’m coming, I’m coming” I slightly chuckle setting myself down beside her.

“So where was i?” I caressed her head which now lay on my legs.

“You were walking to the cafeteria after a guy called  Jung-soo? Talked to you” She recites

“AH  yes..”

I decided to skip some parts of the story, not that I was afraid of how my daughter would think I was such a wimp but I didn’t want to bring back the memories of being let down and tortured by the people I treasured the most.