On Cloud Nine

On Cloud Nine

 

PART 8 : THE BOY WHO IS A PRINCE

   “ I don’t think that we’re meant to understand it all the time. I think that sometimes we just have to have faith”

                                                          - Jamie Sullivan

 

 It wasn’t long when we heard his car pulling up in the driveway and the sound of footsteps approaching as Hana shoots up to embrace him.

He was a busy man indeed, but unlike my father he had time for his family, not always, but he marked his presence and showed his love. Which was enough for Hana and Myself.

“Daddy!” I hear and the sound of  Chanyeol being crushed (probably from Hana’s hug)

And He walks in all Graceful and tall and manages to look like a handsome groom every single day. With a grin plastered on his face. Oh how I wish I could just cover my eyes to stop the butterflies that still emerges after all these years.

And the next thing he did is what made me fall in love with him more and more. (and no he did not pull me in and give a passionate kiss) Rather he screamed and tackled me into a hug which Hana calls a Bear hug. Now you can just imagine a well-built 6 foot man tackling you, it is painful

Family time meant a lot to me, the bonding, the solving problems together. The understanding.

 

 

 

PARK CHANYEOL

 Baekhyung and I take turns to pick up Hana and today was my shift.

As I wait for her to pop up, I look around. Life finally seemed so peaceful and content aside from my job which keeps me away from my family at times.

I was in Seventh Heaven (which means feeling ecstatic; extremely happy).  It took a while to get here .

“Dad!” I was crushed by a small girl

“why are you so strong ” I coughed

“I get it from you” she grinned, oh cheeky little (ANGEL!!! I said angel XD)

We drove home. and settled down to help her do her homework and watch movies till Baekhyung arrives, after some hours  of watching  an overly cliché drama which I have no clue what it is about Hana finally turns off the T.V and sits beside me.

“Dad” she looks excited

“Yes honey?” I look at her

“Baek bear told me about how you two met, yesterday” she grins

“haha..Did he now? “ I laughed

“yup, and now it’s your turn to tell me about him” she scooches over to me

“You’re very persistent aren’t you” I chuckle “what do you want to know about?”

 “I am” she grins wider, she gets that from me “tell me about your favorite moment with daddy Baek”

“That’s a hard question, so many to choose from” I mumble

“Pick one” she now lays her head on my shoulder.

Your Dad, Baek is amazing, he’s smart, he’s strong and he was there to support me every time I felt like dirt. He’s loud and he’s noisy and really good at throwing things at me when he’s mad haha. But I wouldn’t replace him for anyone in the whole world. We shared so many good memories together but the one which always makes me fall in love with him more and more was the day we called

 “King Lear’s Christmas Eve” yes it was in Christmas Eve with the combination of king Lear’s luck, but unlike the true play it didn’t end in tragedy.(oh how king Lear wished he had Baek XD)

It was on the 24th of December when I had to travel back home to spend Christmas with my family, Baek had his family here so he couldn’t go with me. But he wanted me to go and enjoy myself and so I headed to the airport  to catch my flight which was to leave at 09:00 pm (if you were wondering, we Park’s celebrate Christmas on the exact date, the whole day, yes its crazy. So I had no intentions of leaving Baek early ) As I reached the Airport there were only  three people sitting in the waiting chairs and  a lady at the ticket counter. I walk up to her.

“Excuse me, Has my flight  been boarded?” showing her my ticket.

She gives me a sympathic smile “ Im sorry sir , but  flight number  18007 has been canceled, you can catch the next flight but that is in 5 hours from now. If you would you can wait in the waiting seats.”

“Cancelled? Oh. Thank you, I’ll wait” with those words I head to the seats.

As soon as I take a seat  I take my phone out and dial the number.

“Annyeonghaseyo” (which means hello) I hear music and chatters from the other line.

“Hey Baek, it’s me” I reply softly.

“Ah! Chan! Have you landed already?, how was the flight, did  anyone puke  on you?” he sounds excited at the last part

“My flight got cancelled, and NOI didn’t get puked on , you sadist” I laughed.

“To bad, so are you coming now?” he sounds blissful now.

“ I can’t Baek ,I have to catch the next flight which is in five hours and driving there takes two hours, so I wouldn’t make it if I come and back” I reply a little disappointed.

“That’s a bummer, oh well, merry Christmas” he hung up.

“Well… that was something new” I kept my phone.

This is great, I get to spend Christmas eve in the airport floor.

I laid my laptop and started to write. After some minutes it was hard to keep my lids open. And slowly I dazed into heavy sleep.

I was awoken by a loud rapture of laughter which sounded a bit too familiar.

 And There he was, Byun baekhyung smiling like a dork with a handful of plastic bags, God knows I prayed to let it be food.

“What’s in the bag?” i blurt eyeing the bag silently wishing.

“oh, just snacks for myself to eat while I watch you drool miserably  as a revenge for letting me drive two hours to an airport on Christmas eve” an amused look plastered on his face.

“I didn’t ask you to” I reply slightly amused.

A/N : well this was a long chaptr haha. i w it to you guys. they're so cute aren't they? :3 i wonder what happens next? stay tune ;)