On Cloud Nine

On Cloud Nine

  CHAPTER 1:  STAWBERRY SWING

      

“Be in love with your life. Every minute of it”

                                                     -Jack Kerouac

 

 

It was in the middle of the winter fall, the frost has finally taken over me but I do not intend to move or seek a warmer place.

The door opens and fragile creatures run out, and not long after I see my own angel running over to me.

‘Cheerful little thing’ I say to myself, as I embrace her.

Being a father has brought me nothing but happiness,

Life was always a twist and turn in the lives of me and my husband, but we never complained. That was the charm of it.

“Dad, you shouldn’t have waited so long” my daughter muffled as she rested her face on the crook of my neck

It was not hard to chuckle “I just came a minute ago”

“Liar, I could see you from my window you know” was all she muffled. And I laughed.

Park Hana is my thirteen year old daughter, It was a tough decision to bring her into our lives, But my husband and I wanted a family and so we adopted her. I knew couldn’t guarantee her a normal life because for once she had two dads and no mom. But to my surprise she never seemed ashamed of us , I know that she sometimes wished she had  a mom but as I used to tell her and still do “ I will be your mother when you need comforting, your sister when you need to talk, your brother when you need to cry, and I’m already your father and you have daddy Chan too”

It was too cold for even a decent conversation here so we headed home,

The walk home was ever so pleasant. The black pavements are now covered in frosts and little daisies try to emerge, the trees have all shed their leaves but not their beauty. I’ve always loved the sight of winter woods and always will.

“Are you cold ?” I whisper to her with a smile

“You worry too much dad” she laughed “ you don’t have to come and pick me up every day too, you’ll get old”

I chuckled “It is my job