Ten

Take My Heart

--Flashback--

The audience seats were full of people and the crowd were cheering for the two teams who were currently playing on the last round of the game. Fanboards were lifted up as the female crowds squealed at their favorite players. Im Jaebum was the star of the game and he had been scoring goals from the beginning. No wonder why he was chosen to be the captain of the team since he was THAT good. 

40 minutes had passed and Jaebum had been playing non stop eversince and he was running out of breath. He was the only one who had been controlling the ball and scoring it since one of his teammates who was in the striker position got injured. His eyes scanned his surroundings, trying to find Jinyoung who was supposed to replace him. 

"Where the hell is he?" Jaebum groaned in frustration. 

Jinyoung was nowhere to find.

Jaebum had the ball in his control as he ran across the field with all of his energy left. The opposite team had been trying to stole it from him but he managed to avoid them. He abruptly passed the ball to his teammates and in just a second with a strong kick, the ball made it into the goal as the crowd instantly went wild. 

The sound of the referee's whistle officialy ended the game with a score of 9-5 which meant victory for Jaebum's team. They gathered around as they gave small hugs for each other. Jaebum had a wide proud smile plastered on his lips as he looked at his surroundings. He was dripping in sweat and he was trying to catch his breath. But one things for sure, he made it again.

"Ya Im Jaebum!" a voice called out and Jaebum instantly turned around. "Great game!" the guy exclaimed as he aprroached him.

"Ah- Jinwoon hyung!" Jaebum grinned as he gave his friend who were on the opposite team a bro hug. 

Jinwoon was Jaebum's senior who was in his last year of high school. They were close ever since Jaebum entered the school. He was his mentor and he watched Jaebum grew from the beginning and Jinwoo admitted he's one talented guy. 

"Wah you won again huh?" he spoke in a teasing tone as he nudged the boy. "You owe me some hanwoo." Jinwoo wiggled his eyebrows.

"Ya hyung I'm the one who won the game!" Jaebum protested as he scoffed lightly at his friend.

"I'm your mentor remember? We should celebrate your victory together!" Jinwoo spoke to him as he grinned. "I gotta go now. Don't forget to call me for hanwoo!" he continued and immediately ran off to his teammates. 

"Tch. That bastard." Jaebum let out a scoff as a small smile curved on his lips. 

"Jaebum oppa!!!~~" suddenly a familiar squeal echoed as he immediately turned towards her direction.

Jaebum scoffed in disbelief as he saw none other than his number 1 fan Kim Seulgi, waving towards him with her group of friends. She had a board with "재범 은 당신을 사랑 해요" written on it. He rolled his eyes as he turned around and walked away. Seulgi was left with an irritated pout as she eyed the cold Jaebum from behind. 

 

 

On the other hand, Jinyoung was rushing along the hallway towards the trackfield to find Jaebum. He knew that Jaebum would go nuts if he knew Dahyun fainted but he had to explain his absence and plus informing him that his sister's in the nursery room. 

He stopped right on the entrance of the field as Jinyoung tried to catch his breath. He looked around as his eyes immediately widened when he saw Jaebum. 

"Jaebum hyung!" he exclaimed as he jogged towards him.

Jaebum scoffed in irritation as he saw Jinyoung coming. He was actually mad at the fact that Jinyoung left in the middle of the game and was nowhere to be seen. And plus, he was actually needed that time. 

Jaebum in a breath as he held his anger. "Now where the hell have you--"

"Dahyun passed out." Jinyoung cut off his sentence and said in a worried tone.

"-W-what?" Jaebum was instantly taken aback as he looked at Jinyoung in disbelief. "Where is she now?!" he asked as a wave of panic swept over him. Jaebum's heart started beating rapidly as he was so afraid that something bad had happened to her. He just couldn't let anything happen to the love of his life. He'd go insane. 

'

'

Dahyun opened her eyes slowly as she squinted abruptly. She suddenly felt lightheaded and tried to in a breath to calm herself down. Her head was spinning at the same time and she felt weak. 

"Where am I?" she mumbled to herself as she slowly looked around. 

There were 3 other empty beds next to her and she was alone in the room. It was coated in white paint and there was a first aid box in the corner of the room. 

Dahyun sighed as she slowly sat up while holding the sides of her bed as a support. 

The door suddenly flung open as Dahyun quickly turned towards it. 

"Jaebum oppa?" Dahyun said slowly as she looked at the guy who had just stormed into the nursery room. He was still wearing his soccer team uniform and he was pretty much out of breath.

Jaebum jogged approaching her with concern written all over his face. 

"Y-ya Dahyun-ah are you okay?" he asked in a worried tone as he looked at her.

"A-ah.. I just feel sort of dizzy right now. But I'm okay." Dahyun forced out a smile as she looked at her brother. "How did you know I was here?" she suddenly asked. 

Suddenly someone dashed in shortly after Jaebum came as both of their heads turned towards the direction of the door. It was none other than Jinyoung. 

"Oh? Dahyun-ah you're awake!" Jinyoung spoke as he was pretty much enlightened. 

"Jinyoung oppa." Dahyun waved weakly as she smiled warmly towards him. 

"He told me." Jaebum replied shortly. "What happened?" he turned to face Dahyun again and asked as Jinyoung joined them.

"Ah." Dahyun suddenly remembered she actually saw Jinyeong before she out. "I- well I seem to missplace my gym clothes since I couldn't find it in my locker. And ofcourse you know Mr. Kim, I had to run 5 laps on the basketball court." Dahyun explained as she bit her bottom lip. 

Jaebum scoffed in disbelief. "5 laps?! That's just too much." he growled in anger as Jinyoung was just as surprised as him.

"It's not because of the laps though. I think it's because I- ..skipped my lunch." she spoke slowly as she sighed. It's official. Jaebum's going to snap.

"What?!" Jaebum's eyes widened in surprise as he looked at her. "Are you kidding me? Why did you even-" 

"Well I had to redo all of my assignment and hand it as soon as possible. So I didn't get to have lunch." Dahyun spoke slowly as she bit her lower lip. 

"Ya you shouldn't do that you know. Assignments aren't that important. You should've taken care of yourself better Dahyun-ah." Jinyoung heaved a deep sigh as he looked at the girl. 

"I'm sorry." she replied as she looked at them. 

"You know I'll go buy you some meal." Jinyoung suddenly said. "Just stay with her here hyung." Jinyoung spoke to Jaebum and earned a nod from him.

'

'

It was almost 4 pm and some of the students had went home already. Jinyoung strolled down the hallway as he was greeted by the female students who were squealing over him. Jinyoung was actually as popular as Jaebum since they're friends and they went into the same class and stuff. The only difference was he actually was really warm hearted towards everyone. 

He went to the cafeteria and ordered some food for Dahyun. He was about to head back when his eyes caught Kim Seulgi who was sneaking over towards the small alley on the back of the cafeteria. She was alone and it's strange of her to do something like that.

"Hm? What's she doing there?" Jinyeong mumbled to himself as curiosity washed over him. 

Jinyoung managed to went out of the cafeteria as he peeked towards the back of it. He heard a snap as if something had closed.

It was an alley with dumpsters on the sides of the small street but he wasn't able to find Seulgi anymore. 

"That's really weird." he thought to himself. 

Jinyoung walked over towards the corner of the alley as he scanned the things that were placed there. There was nothing except for dumpsters that smelled like rotten food. He was about to walk away when he stopped on his track instantly as he saw a grey colored fabric popping out of one of the big dumpster. It had the same color as their school's gym clothes. Jinyoung opened it up as his eyes widened and he scoffed in disbelief at what he saw. 

"Wow Seulgi-ah you've got to be kidding me."

Jinyoung clucked his tongue in irritation as he lifted up the gym clothes with 'Kim Dahyun' tagged on the side of it.