Two

Take My Heart

It was 3 pm and the school bell rang signaling it was dismissal time. All of the students hurriedly went outside of their classes and heading to their own destination after school. Dahyun stood up from her seat as she tidied up her books. She still had 2 hours of courses and that meant she had to stay in the school until 5 o'clock. She sighed as she hugged her books and went out of the class. Her mind kept on thinking of how she was going to deal with Jaebum when he found out that Taehyung had been stepping up on his game. Dahyun knew he was a really protective brother but sometimes she just didn't understand why his brother had to get into fights with Taehyung, and not just that, he had to stand up for her in every situation. 

Dahyun unlocked her locker and stuffed her books into the metal thing. She took out her english literature notebook and the other stuff she needed in the course. Right before Dahyun was going to shut her locker close, someone leaned against it and made her startled. She widened her eyes in surprise and sighed after she looked at the person infront of her with a smug on his face.

"Hello Dahyun-ah."

Dahyun sighed deeply as she spun around, trying to ignore none other than the flirt a.k.a Kim Taehyung. She sped up her walking pace when she felt Taehyung scooting next to her. That meant she had to deal with him again for the second time in that day.

"Ya you shouldn't avoid me you know." he said, showing her his puppy face. 

"I'm sorry but I'm in a hurry. I really need to go to class." Dahyun replied with an excuse. Class wasn't going to start that soon but she just had to get away from him. 

Taehyung just scoffed in reply as he suddenly grabbed her wrist. "Don't make excuses." he said in a cold expression. 

Dahyun's heart was beating rapidly as she looked at the scary expression of him. "Hey! L-let go." she said as she tried to break free from his grip. It was no use since Taehyung's grip was really strong and he wasn't moving anywhere.

"Do you want me to break your neck this time?" suddenly a voice boomed from behind as both of them turned around towards the direction. There Jaebum was, standing with an expression and Dahyun knew he was going to snap in a minute. 

"J-jaebum oppa." she managed to loosen Taehyung's grip and went to his direction. "Come on let's go." Dahyun said as she took his hand. She had to get him out of the place or else he's going to punch Taehyung with no doubt.

Taehyung was standing across them with his hands inside his pockets. "Right there he is." he mumbled. "You came in time." he scoffed with a smirk on his lips. 

The hallway was pretty empty and there were only a few students there luckily. But they were whispering to each other as they saw them. 

"O-oppa let's just go. Please." she tried to take his hand but Jaebum shrugged it off. 

"I've told you so many times to stay away from her didn't I?" Jaebum looked at him from the distance. His expression was cold.

Taehyung just chuckled lightly as he spun around and began to walk away. "See you tomorrow Dahyun-ah!" he suddenly exclaimed and waved towards her. 

Jaebum was going to chase after him and beat him up but then Dahyun's grip on his hand stopped him. "No! Jaebum oppa please!" 

"Are you kidding me? Are you trying to protect him?!" he raised his voice as he looked at Dahyun in anger. 

Dahyun who was taken aback froze on her spot as she looked at his brother. "I-it's not like that." she startled. Dahyun's expression suddenly changed and it made him realize it was too much. 

"Sorry." he spoke as his heart soften.

"You know you should go now. Appa is probably waiting for you already." she suddenly said as she started to walk.

Jaebum sighed deeply as he looked at the girl from behind. "Damn it." he muttered under his breath as he walked away.

'

'

The sky was covered in grey clouds and it was pretty dark. The rain was pouring heavily as Dahyun starred outside the window blankly. She sighed deeply as she remembered Jaebum's reaction when she stopped him from beating Taehyung up. It wasn't because Dahyun was protecting Taehyung obviously, she was trying to get him out of trouble. She didn't want his brother to get into fights anymore. She was so out of it and Dahyun didn't realize Mr. Baek was already targetting her for the question.

"Im Dahyun-ssi can you answer question number 3?" he suddenly spoke as he pointed towards the whiteboard. The students eyes were on her immediately.

Dahyun snapped out of her thoughts as she quickly flipped through the pages of the book. "Um-" she bit her bottom lip in panic as her eyes scanned the sentences in the page. 

"The answer's not there." Mr. Baek sighed. "You should pay attention when I'm explaining things alright." he said sternly. 

Dahyun sighed deeply. "I'm sorry." she bowed slightly. 

'

'

"Damn it." he muttered.

Jaebum rocked back and forth as the elevator kept going up. He had his hands inside his pocket and his mind wandered. Dahyun kept on appearing in his mind and he was getting really frustrated by the fact of what Taehyung just did to her at school. What was he actually up to? And how far would Taehyung go? He hated the fact that he wasn't able to confess his real feelings of not just being a big brother to her but a real men to Dahyun who could protect her. He was dying to actually say those things without possibly ruining everything. 

The elevator door opened with a ding and Jaebum immediately stepped out of it. He strolled on the office corridor and stopped infront of a wooden door. He sighed and knocked on it, waiting for an answer. Suddenly, the door opened and a tall guy walked out of the office.

"Oh Im Jaebum-ssi." the guy slightly bowed as he smiled.

"Secretary Jang." Jaebum replied with a nod as he entered his father's office. He walked towards a huge desk on the corner of the room where his father was.

"Hello abeoji." he greeted and bowed towards the old men. 

"Jaebum-ah." his father smiled widely. "Take a seat." he gestured. "How's school?" his father started as he looked at his son who was sitting across the table. 

"Good." Jaebum answered simply. 

"Are your grades alright?" he questioned. 

"Mm. They're fine." Jaebum nodded. He realized the strange question his father was throwing at him. It was unusual for him to call him to his office to talk about those things instead of at home. "Why do you ask?" he looked at his father.

"Nothing. Am I unable to ask my son about his studies?" the old men raised his eyebrows. "Is there anything wrong with you?"

"Nothing's wrong." he sighed. "It's just strange of you to tell me to go to your office and just talk about school. Why don't we talk about this at home?" Jaebum spoke.

"Well," his father started. "It's still a secret to your mother and Dahyun. I was planning to tell you first then make this a surprise to them." he smiled. 

"Secret?" Jaebum asked. He could actually sense something was up with his father and it wasn't something good.

"I'm planning to send you to America." his father stated as a smile curved on his lips.

Jaebum's eyes widened immediately as he straightened up from his seat. "WHAT?!"

He was right. It was a really bad one. No scratch that. It was 1000x worst than what he thought.

"To study business." his father continued as he smiled proudly. 

"W-wait abeoji," Jaebum scoffed in disbelief. "Are you serious?" he looked at him hoping for an answer he wanted to hear. 

"Yes ofcourse." he looked at him back. "You're going in 6 months. It's an offer but just so you know, I've planned things for you there then you can comeback to run this company for me." his father explained. 

Jaebum ruffled his hair in frustration as he got up from his seat. "No no. I can't do that." he looked at his father in disbelief. In 6 months, which meant he wasn't going to be able to be with Dahyun after that 6 months for a period of time. He wasn't going to see her smile every morning, having lunch with her at school, and just seeing her in general everyday. That could probably kill him. 

"But why?" his father asked as he looked at his son. 

"I- just can't." Jaebum replied as he sighed in frustration. He'd go absolutely crazy without Dahyun. 

The old men in a breath as he starred at him. "You know whether you want it or not, you're going to run the company when I retire." 

"I know that. But it's not yet the right time to send me there." he explained. "I have to go now appa." he spoke. He bowed towards the old men slightly and walked out of the room. 

The Ims were a pretty wealthy family. Being a son of a chairman, Jaebum had to do things wheter he liked it or not. But the thought of studying in America, being miles apart with his love life drove him nuts. 

'

'

Dahyun walked out of the classroom as she quickly speedwalked to her locker. It was 5.12 pm already and plus it was raining hard. She was opening the metal locker when suddenly someone tapped her shoulder from behind.

"Ya Dahyun-ah, Mr. Baek is still waiting for your assignment." the girl spoke. "Hurry he's still in class!"

"Oh-" she suddenly realized she hadn't hand in her assignment today and she'd get an F if she didn't manage to hand in the paperwork. Dahyun quickly took her assignment out of her locker and ran towards the class which was unfortunately in the second floor. "Thankyou Minji-ah!" she exclaimed as she huffed and puffed towards the second floor. 

She rushed into the class and found Mr. Baek was still there. She held her chest in relief as she approached him. "Here's the paper seonsaengnim." she bowed slightly. 

"Ah I was going to give you an F if you didn't come." he spoke. "Alright then." 

"I'm sorry." Dahyun bowed once more. 

The girl went out of the classroom and walked on the hallway. "That was close." she sighed deeply as she held her chest which was still beating rapidly after sprinting so fast. She managed to quickly came down and placed her stuff into the locker. The school was empty and she was the only student left there. 

"Huh?" Dahyun raised her eyebrows as she dug into the locker. "Where's my umbrella?" she muttered. She was sure she placed her umbrella in her locker just in case. It was raining and she needed it for sure.

"Did I missplaced it or something?" she muttered under her breath. She was sure she didn't take it out obviously. Dahyun took out her phone and swept her finger across the screen. "Oh come on." she bit her bottom lip. She pushed the power button over and over again but yet the screen didn't even .

 

"I'm doomed." she muttered.