Five

Take My Heart

Jaebum suddenly stood up from his seat as he coldly eyed the boy who was standing next to his sister. Dahyun's mind was telling her to run off and make sure her brother wasn't going to get into a fight with Taehyung. But that wasn't possible since Dahyun saw the anger building inside Jaebum. It was too late. He's about to blow up in a minute. 

The boy slowly walked towards them as the rest of his friends eyed him. His piercing gaze was frightening Dahyun inside and it made her heart sank. 

"Please.." she muttered under her breath as both of her eyes closed shut. 

Taehyung stood there calmly, still with a smirk on his lips. It was like he was waiting for Jaebum's reaction to their appearance together. He wanted him to feel defeated. The girl Jaebum had been protecting from him was standing right next to him.

The boy stopped right next to him as he let out a scoff. Not even trying to grab Taehyung by his collar, nor punch him in the face, Jaebum continued to walk away. 

That was unexpected.

Dahyun opened her eyes as her gaze lowered to the ground. She let out a deep relief sigh as she spun around. She was about to take a step towards her brother when Tahyung grabbed her arm and made her stop on her tracks. 

"You still need to teach me." he said to her. 

Dahyun glanced at Taehyung weakly as she let out a deep sigh. 

'

'

The night sky was hovering above Seoul as stars spreaded across it. The cold wind passed through as Jaebum walked down the street with his hands inside his pocket. His gaze was empty and he felt his art aching. He let out a bitter scoff as he remembered what he just saw. Taehyung and Dahyun together. It was his worst nightmare. He wasn't even able to do anything to Taehyung since he felt a pang in his heart just to see them together. Jaebum wasn't even sure where he was heading but he let his feet carried him away. 

'

'

"Just start by matching the 4x to each one in the second chunk. It's basic algebra." Dahyun explained slowly as she marked the question. 

"Mm." Taehyung nodded as he took his pen out and started to write. 

Dahyun leaned back onto her seat as she sighed deeply. She wasn't sure why she was feeling so anxious and worried about Jaebum. Why was she so worried about him seeing Taehyung and her together? He wasn't even doing anything bad to her that day. But she still felt like something wasn't right. Especially seeing his friends' reaction when Dahyun agreed to tutor Taehyung than to chase after her own brother. 

"Alright I'm done. Go check it." Taehyung spoke proudly as he pushed the paper to Dahyun's direction. 

Taehyung looked up at the girl infront of him as he let out a slight chuckle. Dahyun was so out of it and her expression was blank. 

"Ya." he snapped his fingers infront of Dahyun's face as it made her flinched in surprise. "Stop thinking about me like that. I'm right infront of you." he said in a teasing tone.

Dahyun let out a scoff at Taehyung's conceited self. "I wasn't even thinking about you." she replied as she checked his answers.

"Then?" he asked back as he looked at her in suspicion. 

Dahyun suddenly stopped writing as she looked at Taehyung. "No one." she replied. 

"Mm.. I see." a smirk spreaded across his face as Taehyung watched the figure infront of him.

Suddenly he felt a strange feeling building up inside him as he stared at Dahyun. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she glanced up at Taehyung, making him immediately looked away as he straightened up and let out cough. 

"You shouldn't stack the polynomials this way." Dahyun started as she let out a deep sigh and handed the paper towards Taehyung. 

Taehyung let out a frustrated groan as he let his body sunk into his seat. "I'm too tired to fix them. Let's just continue tomorrow." 

"Ya you just need to-"

"Forget it. Let's go." Taehyung said cutting off her sentence as he stood up. "I'll drive you home." he said and started to walk.

Dahyun just sighed as she tidied up the papers on the table and put them into her bag.

 

The ride home was pretty silent as both of them didn't say anything to each other. Dahyun starred out of the window's car as she pursed her lips.

It's weird and unbelievable how Taehyung had gotten closer to her in the past few days in ofcourse a tricky way. 

Taehyung sighed as he slowly turned his gaze towards Dahyun, not wanting her to notice. He had never felt like it before with the other girls he had dated. He used to just use them for fun and then hurt them afterwards being the typical playboy. But he had just felt something back on the cafe. 

The car finally stopped infront of the house as Dahyun unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out of the vehicle. "Thanks for the ride, Taehyung-ssi." she spoke as she bowed a little bit. 

"Ya stop it." Taehyung suddenly said and made Dahyun looked at him in surprise.

"Huh?" 

"With the formalities." he continued. "You can just call me Taehyung oppa." he wiggled his eyebrows. 

Dahyun cringed slightly. "I don't think it's gonna happen." she replied only to have Taehyung scoff. 

"Tch. Whatever." he rolled his eyes as the car drove away. 

'

'

It was 11.29 pm and Dahyun noticed that her brother hadn't came home yet. She was snuggled up inside her warm blanket as she checked on her phone. No messages or calls from Jaebum. She breathed deeply as she put her phone back onto the table beside her bed. She wasn't even sure why she's worried about him. Maybe because she's used to have Jaebum texting her on where he was. 

Dahyun's eyes got heavier as time passed by. She was about to fall into a deep sleep when suddenly her phone lit up, displaying Jaebum's number. She immediately slide her finger across the screen and brought her phone next to her ear. 

"Jaebum oppa-" 

"Yoboseyo? Dahyun-ah!" the sound of the different voice made Dahyun sat up instantly. 

"J-jackson oppa?" she stuttered. 

"Can you please come down? Jaebum hyung's with me and we're right infront of the house. He seemed to forget to bring his keys and he's drunk right now." Jackson explained. 

Dahyun's eyes widened isntantly at what she just heard. "D-drunk? A-alright I'll come down." she quickly put on her slippers and rushed downstairs. 

Dahyun quickly unlocked the door as she pulled it open, revealing Jackson and the drunk Jaebum clinging onto him. He was murmuring things under his breath. 

"Ah I'm glad you're still awake! We found him at a soju bar downtown and he was completely drunk." Jackson spoke as he tried to straighten Jaebum's body. 

"S-soju bar?" Dahyun widened her eyes in disbelief. 

"Huh? Dahyunnie!~" Jaebum suddenly walked towards her sister as he nearly fell down since his legs were wobbly.

"Y-ya hyung!" Jackson exclaimed. 

"A-alright then. Thankyou for bringing him home safely oppa." Dahyun replied as she put Jaebum's arm around her shoulder. 

"Do want me to help you?" Jackson asked in a worried tone as he looked at his friend who was probably 90% unconscious. 

"N-no it's okay." Dahyun replied as she tried to make her brother walk. "Thankyou again Jackson oppa." she smiled widely and closed the door. 

Dahyun in a breath as she carried the clinging Jaebum upstairs into his room. She opened the door to his room and immediately plopped him to his bed as she let out a relieved sigh. Dahyun wasn't even sure how much he had drank since Jaebum was muttering random words and his face was completely red. 

Dahyun was about to stand up when suddenly Jaebum grabbed her wrist and made her fell right on top of him.

 

And before she knew it, her eyes widened instantly as their lips met.